Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 versions of usrcheat.dat. One is recognized as SJIS code in r4cce tool. This one cannot be displayed at all in Twilight Menu and Wood kernel. But it can be displayed correctly in r4isdhc.com flashcard, both in its official kernel and YSmenu. The other is recognized as UTF-8 code in r4cce tool. This one can not be displayed correctly in r4isdhc.com flashcard, both in its official kernel and YSmenu. But it can be displayed correctly in Wood kernel. In Twilight Menu, some Chinese characters can be displayed correctly. I also manually convert the first version to UTF-8 code using r4cce, and get the same result. I believe the font in flashcard kernel is also just enough. Maybe you can use the font in Wood kernel and solve this problem.
Ah, I didn't realize that the encoding varied as when I tested it only seemed to use EUC-JP, if you'd like you can make a theme with a custom font in NFTR format and it should work for UTF-8, you can add characters to the font using my nftr-editor (or maybe some other tools exist too).

The fonts intentionally limited to just the characters that are used by the actual GUI for Chinese, Japanese (Kanji), and Korean since TWiLight's memory usage is too high to fit larger fonts in DS Mode, the Wood UI fonts TWiLight has range from 450KB to 1.2MB which would just be too big for TWiLight's DSi theme currently, in DSi mode you can use a much larger font though so having one in a theme should work fine. You should be able to just add "small.nftr" and "large.nftr" to a "font" folder in an existing theme, my tool currently requires base fonts to edit from so the TWiLight ones are here.

playsaves3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With B4DS enabled, then yes.
YSMenu will also auto-AP-patch games, afaik.
would it ever be possible to add widescreen for all of drayano and vendorpcs hacks its nice you added it to renegade platinum for example.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the awesome app on my 3DSXL. Finally playing Pokemon Heart Gold

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
you ever looked into sacred gold or heartgold golden edition?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I see that this supports cheats. Does it use usrcheat.dat, cheats.dat, or cheats.evocheats?
Also, does this allow playing online through AltWFC (in other words, does it allow patched ROMs and use the DS WiFi settings)?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I see that this supports cheats. Does it use usrcheat.dat, cheats.dat, or cheats.evocheats?
As far as I know it only supports usrcheat.dat in sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras, but maybe that's changed.
Also, does this allow playing online through AltWFC (in other words, does it allow patched ROMs and use the DS WiFi settings)?
Yes, but I don't see why you wouldn't just use the DNS method (although this is for Wiimmfi, I doubt you'd find many players on AltWFC anyways)

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know it only supports usrcheat.dat in sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras, but maybe that's changed.
Yes, but I don't see why you wouldn't just use the DNS method (although this is for Wiimmfi, I doubt you'd find many players on AltWFC anyways)
AltWFC has support for Yu-Gi-Oh! WC 2011, but Wiimmfi doesn't.

Edit: Also, AltWFC supports ndsconstrain't after all.

Last edited by Maq47,
Reactions: banjo2

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I can't get cheats working for some reason. Do I need to do something specific to get them to work? All the codes I am using are 'if RAM address value = X' codes (conditional), so the fact they don't work indicates something is wrong. Does this program allocate RAM the same way as on official hardware? The addresses might be different, causing the conditional to fail.

Elkomolozupo

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Im very noob and this dumb question maybe already answered but i have three questions. (Im using a r4 ultra with a ds lite) 1: How i enable the rotating cubes in 3ds theme? 2: I have the cheats file in the sd card but i cant enable cheats. 3: Is better use the nds boot strap or the original kernel?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im very noob and this dumb question maybe already answered but i have three questions. (Im using a r4 ultra with a ds lite) 1: How i enable the rotating cubes in 3ds theme? 2: I have the cheats file in the sd card but i cant enable cheats. 3: Is better use the nds boot strap or the original kernel?
  1. Insert the DS Memory Expansion Pak.
  2. You can't use cheats on flashcards.
  3. The original kernel is better, provided your flashcard is compatible.

tommyhmilj95

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, is it possible to play Pokemon Renegade Platinum in 16:10 (widescreen) with this?

If not, is there anyway I can enable the 16:10 aspect ratio for that rom hack?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I can't get cheats working for some reason. Do I need to do something specific to get them to work? All the codes I am using are 'if RAM address value = X' codes (conditional), so the fact they don't work indicates something is wrong. Does this program allocate RAM the same way as on official hardware? The addresses might be different, causing the conditional to fail.
Can someone help me with this? It appears that none of the codes for any of my games work. I read online about nds-bootstrap only seeing the first 5 codes, and only left 5 codes in the usrcheat.dat entry for the game, but no codes have any affect, in any game I tested.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with this? It appears that none of the codes for any of my games work. I read online about nds-bootstrap only seeing the first 5 codes, and only left 5 codes in the usrcheat.dat entry for the game, but no codes have any affect, in any game I tested.
Not all cheats work.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Not all cheats work.
Seriously? I assume that it is the conditionals causing issues, but the games I play require them for the cheats to function properly (the same RAM addresses are used differently when in battle than when out of battle). Almost 75% of DS codes have conditionals, too.

Also, not one of my codes worked between 3 games. That's 0% compatibility from where I'm standing.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? I assume that it is the conditionals causing issues, but the games I play require them for the cheats to function properly (the same RAM addresses are used differently when in battle than when out of battle). Almost 75% of DS codes have conditionals, too.

Also, not one of my codes worked between 3 games. That's 0% compatibility from where I'm standing.
Make sure you're using the latest nds-bootstrap and TWiLight Menu++ versions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1