DS #DSi 0081: Pocket Monsters: Black (Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the size of the rom correct??? 256MB, if so, that's some brilliant compression anyway I figured it would be this size or 128mb.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt know that both games would be release today. i thought the game would be available at the end of this year.
i guess its time for pokesav black and white ver.

and i look forward to the platinum version of the 5th gen (whatever name they can think of it).

by the way tested on scds2 works fine.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gifi4 said:
Is the size of the rom correct??? 256MB, if so, that's some brilliant compression anyway I figured it would be this size or 128mb.

Well, remember that NDS ROM sizes are really in Megabits (Mb) rather then MegaBytes (MB). So the game is 2048Mb (or 2Gb), which is the largest NDS ROM size possible, I believe. And since there's a mixture of sprites and vectors, it won't be as large as other games which are pure sprites (since vector's have excellent compression).

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon Black exp fixed rom test on original R4 firmware: Wood R4 1.12. Updating this post every couple of minutes,Stay tuned.

started it on Wood R4 1.12 and so far it works, saving works, will tell whether it freezes and what not. Just beat the first battle in my house and it is still works. Beat the second battle and still no freeze, my pokemon leveled aswell. Gone outside of my house, no freeze as of yet. Saved and restarted DS continues from my save so the save file is working. Now watching a tutorial of the professor or whovever catching a wild pokemon, no freezes yet. My first encounter of a wild pokemon, killed it and no freezes.
Encounterd another wild pokemon, caught this one and no freezes yet.
Going into Wifi settings and then exiting it works without freezes.
Not going to report on wild pokemon battles because it seems they work.
I just answered, what I believe to be, a 4 way phone call and still no freezing.
Able to use sleep mode on the ds without a single freeze.
Gone to the pokemon centre and healed, still no freeze

Janus151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys!

I was just wondering, does this play on the M3 DS Simply?
I haven't used it since HeartGold (where it froze every 20 minutes), so would Black/White be able to play on it?

I'm getting white screen and it's not loading...

thanks!

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Janus151 said:
hey guys!

I was just wondering, does this play on the M3 DS Simply?
I haven't used it since HeartGold (where it froze every 20 minutes), so would Black/White be able to play on it?

I'm getting white screen and it's not loading...

thanks!

Well, the AP is either stronger or equal to HeartGold. HG/SS =< B/W
If you're getting a white screen, then it obviously doesn't work.

Janus151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yah, for sure!

but what I'm wondering is would a patch potentially make it work? because I know the M3 DS Simply has been discontinued, they haven't released a firmware forit for over a year now.

thanks.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Janus151 said:
yah, for sure!

but what I'm wondering is would a patch potentially make it work? because I know the M3 DS Simply has been discontinued, they haven't released a firmware forit for over a year now.

thanks.

You'll have to wait for an updated version of WoodR4. Or use the AP patch found in the ROM hacking section along with the current version of WoodR4.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
TD, is there a set amount of events it freezes on or something because if you look at my post it shows my gameplay and I have not experienced any freezes on Wood R4 1.12.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gifi4 said:
TD, is there a set amount of events it freezes on or something because if you look at my post it shows my gameplay and I have not experienced any freezes on Wood R4 1.12.

I couldn't tell you to be honest! I've just added a part to my post above, I was in such a rush earlier I forgot to post that info. As far as I'm aware the AP patch fixes the freezing problem as well, so if you've patched yours that would explain why it doesn't freeze.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
gifi4 said:

I couldn't tell you to be honest! I've just added a part to my post above, I was in such a rush earlier I forgot to post that info. As far as I'm aware the AP patch fixes the freezing problem as well, so if you've patched yours that would explain why it doesn't freeze.
Yeah, I suppose, well that's good but I still want a localized english translation lol.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
jonesman99 said:
i found white but i cant find black... smh what gives... I thought we were all about equality...? What? Is WHITE supposed to be better than black? lol
Racist!, well for the pokemon.. Downloading it right now....

aarong96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know of anyone working on an english patch or have an idea of when one will be released??

Please answer!!!

Mercenery

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yay finally!!!
Please give me the roms i cant breath aaaaahhhh!
lol im just kidding, does they work on emulators?
i would download them but my inet is so slow right now
smile.gif

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
aarong96 said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANYONE WORKING ON AN ENGLISH PATCH OR HAVE AN IDEA OF WHEN ONE WILL BE RELEASED??
PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Really now? It just got out, AP is still around.

Maybe in a month people will start a translation for the names and techniques.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
aarong96 said:
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANYONE WORKING ON AN ENGLISH PATCH OR HAVE AN IDEA OF WHEN ONE WILL BE RELEASED??
PLEASE ANSWER!!!

O shi---- calm down. There is no progressive translation goin' on, if you look a couple of pages back, there is a thread about the translation.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn flood... lol

game is awesome
smile.gif

not too happy about the trainers having the same pokemon over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...