DS #4927: Witch's Wish (USA)

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
basher11 said:
is there any fighting in this game?
biggrin.gif

Been playing for 15-20 minutes right now. But I don't see any fighting right now. The story on the other hand is quite nice, as well as the game music.

SPOILER (ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY AND SMALL PART OF THE BEGINNING)
You the main character Vicky have to save this girl in white Tanya, you go off to find a "magic board". The game play is simply tap a character (or something else) and then use the magic board on them/it. You use the screen to draw out the lines to cast the spells.
EDIT: Thats all I've experienced at the moment, until a battle or anything appears then I'll let you know

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
ore0 said:
So... its like a point-and-click adventure, with magic?

Guess so. But with a rather interesting story.. well kinda interesting for me right now. The story is split into chapters if you wanted to know.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The game is kind of amusing...There doesn't seem to be a "danger" factor though, so there aren't any worries about dying (at least as far as I have gotten). If anything, this is probably closer to a visual novel than anything else (sure you can move around...but meh, the most you get from that is seeing your character move and collecting the items).
The only thing I find awkward is that ALL of the females look like loli's (even the teacher) except for the grandmother...

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, wanted to try it out, but if the voices were removed and all the characters got renamed... nah.
Too bad they squished everything into the arm9, I doubt someone will find out how to undo that stuff...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Majin Vegeta said:
Hm, wanted to try it out, but if the voices were removed and all the characters got renamed... nah.
Too bad they squished everything into the arm9, I doubt someone will find out how to undo that stuff...

What does the scanner say about his power level?

Battalia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not a bad game, but the saving system isn't the best. The game is divided into chapters and you can only save when prompted at the end of a chapter.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I've played through about 3 chapters now. At first I thought it was an RPG game with HP and all that, but it's actually a simple and cute adventure game with great music and nice graphics. Although as of now most of the gameplay is running around on errands and casting magic by drawing lines, shapes and whatnot on a board. It's VERY kiddy, but it's not a bad game at all IMO.
smile.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, as promised here are my initial impressions:

- I'm on chapter 4 so far and there's no combat. In fact there's very little anything, it's generally just 'go here, cast spell, next chapter'.
- The story is very child-friendly. It's almost like a shovelware game, but it doesn't earn the 'temp seal of turd.
- It's by no means a bad game. Granted it is very childish and virtually plays itself, but there's something compelling about the story. I'm actually curious to see how it turns out, therefore I'll continue playing.
- The graphics are actually pretty decent. There's a scene right at the start where Vicky keeps getting knocked to the floor and the expression on her face is kinda funny. The 'sad puppy' look. And the squirrel in chapter 2 and cat in chapter 3 have taken the cutesy kiddy friendliness level to well over 9000.
- For a kiddy game the plot is presented in a kiddy way but deals with more grown up issues like the class struggle between the rich people who can afford witch school and the poor people who live in perpetual shadow. One key point of the plot so far is whether magic should be used to help people or simply sealed away to end the class conflict. I'm not sure how it'll pan out in the end, thus I keep playing.

Final words? It's not a bad game, but don't go in there expecting any grand sweeping RPG tale of heroism and sacrifice. Go in expecting something akin to Animal Crossing or the wizard variation which I can't remember the name of, and you should be fine. With any luck I can get it finished in time to delete it to make space for MegaMan Zero Collection. I wouldn't go as far as to say I actively recommend this title, but if you're curious you may as well check it out, it's harmless.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn. I thought it looked interesting but your description, Blaze, really says otherwise for me. Natsume games are so hit or miss for me. Ah well. Maybe my sisters will enjoy this one.

achan29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
tk615 said:
Gah.. I can't give up. Must undub this game.. but it really is complicated. Spent 20 mins on nothing
cry.gif

same here!! do you think anyone would care to help in the romhacking section? it's a pretty unknown game

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
achan29 said:
tk615 said:
Gah.. I can't give up. Must undub this game.. but it really is complicated. Spent 20 mins on nothing
cry.gif

same here!! do you think anyone would care to help in the romhacking section? it's a pretty unknown game

lol that, but hey the bgm is really nice though.. just imagine that every characters can talk.. (though its really hard to imagine on it) that will solve the problem or maybe play the japanese game instead, its really nice that every characters and other NPC can do giggling and such when you talk to them..
yaynds.gif

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Now to play the big risk/reward game. Due to years of constant use, both my Cyclo and my DS are somewhat wrecked. f I remove my Cyclo to swap files over and add this, it'll take me ages to get the damn thing to register in my DS again. So with every new file I have to decide if it's worth the time, hassle and the fact that one day my Cyclo will never register again. Methinks I be needing a new card. And a new DS Lite. How much is a SCDS2 going for right now, in British pounds sterling? Bare bones, no memory card needed I have five already.

wow, mine too. mine started acting up, when i was looking for cheats with SS >_> to get mine to work i have to lick it...yeah...for some reason it works after i lick it.
mellow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol