DS #4162: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (USA)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
the patch or AR code only works on certain flashcarts..if it doesn't work on yours, then wait for another crack or a firmware update

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the code work some what
save works with Bowser, just fine

but
Mario & Luigi can saves but get 2 Black screens after the saves
and you have to power off and reload the game

CycloDS fw 1.55

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game will boot and play for a few minutes in Supercard DS One using this cheat I compiled from Normmatt's original bypass-

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjujtrnizj3

But the game will freeze whenever you save (it saves fine, you just have to reset whenever you save and continue). It also freezes after the first Bowser battle. So the game is still unplayable on it.

Settings to get it to work partially if you want to try-

-Patch enabled
-Patch Speed enabled
-DMA enabled
-Save Patcher enabled
-Cheats enabled

With those you can get ingame at least and past the file selection. Modifying the save size doesn't seem to do much. And all of the options above need to be checked to get the game to work at all.

SunRisesInTheEas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo VS Pirates 1:0
frown.gif

Hopefully there will be a working R4 Patch soon...

Pylons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't seem to work for me.
Running the latest version of the CycloDS Firmware, using the AR code. I just get a white screen.

Zurren

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just something I've been thinking about: the game hasn't been officially released, right? So, after its release, would it be possible for another group to dump the ROM of this game (and possibly HGSS) and somehow have it work properly for eyepatched people? Quite unlikely, but...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zurren said:
Just something I've been thinking about: the game hasn't been officially released, right? So, after its release, would it be possible for another group to dump the ROM of this game (and possibly HGSS) and somehow have it work properly for eyepatched people? Quite unlikely, but...
If this is a proper dump, then no. You'd still be looking for a patch/code that bypasses the checks.

ihiphopanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The Supercard DS-One DSATM fix posted above does not work. And yes I disabled the patch and did it properly. It gives a white screen on bootup.

Which Supercard DS One do you have? I have the first model (the orange one...the first Slot-1 card that Supercard developed). I also remember applying some firmware upgrade a while ago...not sure what version or where I got it.

Edit: http://eng.supercard.sc/soft_scdsone.htm
it's the microfirmware 1.01 (2007.07.24)

I'm at the part where Bowser swallows you. I can confirm that it saves fine, plays flawlessly and haven't encountered any issues so far.

Again, for all the Supercard DS One users, I applied the code and disabled patch.

mlwy45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've tried both, the code and the patch, and both patch &code at same time....Nintendo is getting good at this...but if i HAVE to i guess i'll buy the real game. Don't really want to cuz i'm so close to playing it but if i have to.....any1 got 40 bucks? lol

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what is up with the flickery stuff on the top screen anyways? I've seen it in some games very rarely, but it just nailed me pretty hard when Bowser receives that "item" near the beginning. It was a bunch of red flickering lines that seemed to have actually played along to the music.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Zurren said:
Uh, let me guess: the fact that the battle with Bowser never seems to end (even though on an emulator, you can get past the save screen) is also an anti-piracy measure, right?

frown.gif

yes it is there's also another 1 when you fight midbus the emu crashes. i've tried 3 emus to get this to run all have failed so i've given up on playing this ever.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL that would've been the best piracy check ever...
if it was hidden like you would neevr be able to get past the tutorial battle xD
and people wouldn't realise for a while.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't plugged in my Supercard DS One for some time but wanted to have a look at this game & after playing for a bit, realized it's a bore & deleted it. Back to Scribblenauts.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pieman202 said:
LOL that would've been the best piracy check ever...
if it was hidden like you would neevr be able to get past the tutorial battle xD
and people wouldn't realise for a while.
It was a check in the Japanese version back in March actually. And quickly fixed then. Apparently in no$, you can get past the battle by using the no$ zoomer tool. I have no idea where to get it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf