DS #3663: Jewel Quest - Solitaire (Europe)

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First DS game with an intro. The intros, they are BACK!
biggrin.gif

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
i was JUST about to say that. Its been available since 2620 - The Quest Trio (U). As far as intros go... i remember a time (the c64/amiga scene) when if it didnt have an intro..it WASNT a release. I have always liked intros...would love to see a comeback.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet, gonna get this for the intro alone
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Nice little scroller, could do with a chip tune though - hopefully next time

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Do we have confirmation that this is the same as in Quest Trio? Because the description makes it seem like it's a separate thing.

In Quest Trio, it was just Solitaire. Here it looks like you can do that or do this new mode that has Jewel Quest built into it.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Jei said:
Now now, where are the nointro patch... I've always hated those intros
sleep.gif
;;

XPA have included a no-intro patch in the release to placate the whiners. I remember Capital starting to do the same with their GBC releases, although I think it was more because no-intro patches would be made anyway and they didn't want the people making them to get credit for it rather than giving a flying about people who didn't like the intros.

Harry Potthead

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
morphius said:
i was JUST about to say that. Its been available since 2620 - The Quest Trio (U). As far as intros go... i remember a time (the c64/amiga scene) when if it didnt have an intro..it WASNT a release. I have always liked intros...would love to see a comeback.

Yeah. let's bring back these nice Intros
smile.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
The problem with intros is flashcart compatibility, and no music due to the DS architecture. Its very annoying compared to GBA.

bunsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iNFiNiTY said:
and no music due to the DS architecture.

You just need to inject some ARM7 code since that's what has access to the sound hardware. A little bit extra work, but mostly the same once you have it figured out for the ARM9.

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
the funny thing is that the ds community could probably benefit from intros. Back in the old days...wayyyyyy back when, intros served a few purposes. They basically put a stamp on a release...saying "we did this". They often times defeated copy protections as well. we could use this on quite a few ds releases.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
an intro by XPA? now i need to check this out.

Save the intros! - They help bring attention to otherwise overlooked games.
biggrin.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad their first intro wasn't on a major release so there's not pages and pages of whining, people saying it should be #XXXX or whatever. Now when a game loads of n00bs want to play comes out with a 'tro and they start moaning we can just point out it's not the first game with an intro and there's already a precident for it being deemed a valid release. Might spur some of the other groups with coding skills to show them off more too. I'd like to see a Squire intro, their MPH trainer menu looked sweet.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, is it me or is the touch screen completely fucked in this game? I keep having to tap the cards about 4 times before it registers, dragging them is no better and sometimes it selects the card to the far left of the screen when I tap or drag one in the middle, it's absolutely unplayable. Had to load up some other games to make sure my DS wasn't dying!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i like this game actually. yes, it's not perfect maybe. but i have to tap the cards 2 times max. already played some hours. it's a good game.

as for the intro: it's a start.. time for other groups to make better ones now.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi's still profiting off his meth sales.