DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
crowmanpr said:
Ok i fixed this baby up, working on R4 sweet, i justed patched the rom thats all.
WORKING 100%
I call BULLSHIT, Mr. 1 post R4 n00b.

And what's up with all the first-time posters?
dry.gif

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I'm having no luck getting this thing to work... Even if I'm using an SCDS1.

Specs:
SCDS1 (SDHC) (SuperCard DS ONE(SDHC) OS 3.0 SP5 Firmware)
Kingston 2GB SD Card (JAPAN)
Nintendo DS Lite (Black/Red)
GTA CTW (Clean, Untrimmed)
SD Speed set to custom speed 25

Using the above and with all boxes unticked (I mean every box, I even made sure to untick any greyed out font boxes.) the game just hangs at a black screen above, white screen below. If I tick:

"Enable DMA" (Can check it, even if the option's greyed out.)

I still get the black screen above, white screen below. If I tick in "Enable Patch" it still yields the same results. But if I do:

"Enable Patch"
"Patch Speed"
"Enable DMA"

The game loads, gets to the save select screen, then ultimately hangs at a black screen after selecting it. Even turning off "Enable DMA" and leaving "Patch Speed" yields the same results. Using a program called Rominator I DID comfirm the CRC on the rom file is correct.

I have done as another post recommended and set the save types to both 64KB AND 1MB with the 1MB setting just resulting in a black screen upon rom load. I even made CERTAIN my firmware was up-to-date by downloading then re-installing it. I'm at a complete loss here why it's failing to work...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sherridon said:
ok to clear things up
firstly the people stuck on the save file cannot be accessed
you need to use ysmenu

comeon yasu create a update!!!!!!!
narin use your knowledge and hack the game so it can save in 512kbytes for the R4 people
or just make a ar code
yaynds.gif

but the best solution is
get up walk down to gamestop and just buy the game
lecture.gif

btw thanx to that guy who works at gamestop for dumping the rom soo early
yaynds.gif

i wish i had a supercard one

Stupid R4 can't even play a good game
hate2.gif

R4 more like GAY4
hate2.gif
1.Yasu only updates YSMenu on game compatibility if TTMenu gets an upadate
2.I don't Narin will do that,he can't make an AR code for that for instance,since the problem is in the save file,read the posts
3.I only agree on you on the GameStop and R4,only those.

dsttuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kohkindachi said:
I gonna try the no$gba method, but the problem is I can't get pass 'Save data could not be access' :K
I tried that to and the same thing happend, AHH! IM GOING CRAZY MUST PLAY GAME!!!
hate2.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SamusKnight2K said:
Unfortunately I'm having no luck getting this thing to work... Even if I'm using an SCDS1.

Specs:

Using the above and with all boxes unticked (I mean every box, I even made sure to untick any greyed out font boxes.) the game just hangs at a black screen above, white screen below. If I tick:

I still get the black screen above, white screen below. If I tick in "Enable Patch" it still yields the same results. But if I do:

"Enable Patch"
"Patch Speed"
"Enable DMA"

The game loads, gets to the save select screen, then ultimately hangs at a black screen after selecting it. Even turning off "Enable DMA" and leaving "Patch Speed" yields the same results. Using a program called Rominator I DID comfirm the CRC on the rom file is correct.

I have done as another post recommended and set the save types to both 64KB AND 1MB with the 1MB setting just resulting in a black screen upon rom load. I even made CERTAIN my firmware was up-to-date by downloading then re-installing it. I'm at a complete loss here why it's failing to work...

Make sure to delete any save file that was created before you retry.

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been a lurker for a couple years and im known in the irc channels, but i just dont really post alot. anyways, anyone seriously got this running on an r4? i may have to pull it out to play this game.

jimo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a quick follow up.....did the first mission, saved, turned the nds off then booted it up again and loaded my save game no problem.

confirmed 100% working on EZV using clean mode on firmware 1.7

now im off to play

Onelouder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SamusKnight2K said:

Specs:

"Enable Patch"
"Patch Speed"
"Enable DMA"

I just tried it again with a new BLANK sdhc card, loaded with brand new firmware sp5, and the XPA rom. I had NOTHING checked, no custom speed, no boxes checked, NOTHING ENABLED, the game loaded, I chose YES for autosave at the first screen, and then boom, the Jet cutscene started. Dunno what you did, but it can't get simpler than that.

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kohkindachi said:
I gonna try the no$gba method, but the problem is I can't get pass 'Save data could not be access' :K
go to emulation settings then go to NDS backup media change it to the last one go out save settings or w/e then Reset Cartridge
-if u know ur gonna bullshit pls dont it gets annoying how someone goes and do it then turns out finding ur bsing

Russian_Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
confirmed 100% working on EZV using clean mode on firmware 1.7
Help me please!! I have i nstalled 1.7 on my EZFlash 5+ but when i try to launch it nothing happens after backup save screen...
Despair..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl