DS #3431: Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 (Japan)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah the reaction to retro game challenge has been pretty positive, if it can match sales with critical/nerd success then the sequel is pretty much guaranteed a localisation.

hopefully everyone won't have just pirated it :0
(BECAUSE I TOTALLY DIDN'T. AHEM.)

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome! I'm really excited to get into this one. Although I was hoping it was all 16-bit games, I'm sure I'll have fun with this.

I like how, in addition to the new games, they have remixed editions of some of the old ones, although I feel like a dork for playing Cosmic Gate for the past 15 minutes in a NEW game
tongue.gif

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I beat everything except for the final challenge which is to complete all the games

38 challenges done
yaynds.gif

Games unlocked:

WizMan
Mutekiken Kung Fu
Demon Returns
Kacho wa Meitantei
GunDuel
Kacho wa Meitantei (disk 2 i think?)
Triotos
Guardia Quest Saga
Super Demon Returns
Special Challenge (a dark letter on the cartridge select screen, adds an extra challenge for WizMan, Mutekiken Kung Fu, GunDuel and Super Demon Returns)
End Credits (shoot Arino's head while he send a barrage of bullets at you)

i didn't manage to kill Arino before the credits stopped rolling, maybe something unlocks for completely destroying him

Shop Games unlocked:

Cosmic Gate
Haggle Man (Princess Edition)
Rally King GX (Time Trail)
Star Prince (Score Attack)
Triotos DX

Kugure! Girijan MAX is bonus game, select it from the third option down on the title screen

If anyone gets stuck and would like my save just ask

Godnnelg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I need the save file myself also.
I'm currently stuck at the Detective game myself...
Does it matter if it isn't for the Supercard GBA miniSD cart (that's what I have)?

Say... is there like some easy way to learn the language? :-D

pizzafreak360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizman

Challenge 1: Create 2 ice or fires
Collect 2 of the same colour wand & then press the A button to uleash your attack then repeat to make another appear.

Challenge 2: Get 8 glowing crystals
First collect the 2 blue wands, then look carefully at the lines of blue dots you will notice one of the larger crystals is glowing, as you collect it the next one will then glow, follow the glowing crystals in order till you have collected 8.

Challenge 3: Clear the 4th floor
Pretty self explanatory, reach & clear the 4th floor.

Challenge 4: Collect 10 pieces of treasure
Treasure appears in the center of each maze for every 50 & 100 dots eaten, collect 10 of them.

Kung fu

Challenge 1 : Get the red hit mark
Either using punch or kick, hit a enemy & then soon as the white hit mark appears press the same attack button again, if your timing was right it should turn red. So basically you press the same button twice but leave a tiny pause in between presses.

Challenge 2: Beat the level 1 mid boss
Pretty self explanatory hehe.

Challenge 3: Get 4 Ki items to get Muteki ken power & use it.
If you get 2 enemys on the screen, quickly do a combo of kick & then punch. If you get the timing right & get the red hit mark the first enemy will fly across the screen into the other. When they hit, they will drop a yellow Ki orb get 4 of these to activate Muteki ken power, just hit any enemy while in muteki mode to beat the challenge. I found the easiest way to get 2 people together on screen is to walk left get 2 & then walk back to the right till the screen scrolls & then go left again as the enemys respawn.

Challenge 3: Beat the boss at the end of level 2
The boss is equipped with a sword so be careful as it takes a lot of health off you if it hits.

Demon returns

Challenge 1: Air ride
Goto an enemy & press B to hit it with your cape it will cause the enemy to spin, now jump on top of it to ride it, now just jump in the air while riding the enemy.

Challenge 2: Get tornado attack
Collect 2 moon medals from the purple blocks then use the B button to fire a tornado to break any stone skull block to complete the challenge. The moon medals look like gold coins with moons on.

Challenge 3: Get 100 souls
Collect 100 souls, they are hidden in the stone skull blocks & some of the pots you find, if you press the B button to hit a pot with you cape they sometimes have souls in too.

Challenge 4: Beat level 1-4
Get all the way to the end of level 1-4 & beat the boss, no warping is allowed

Found this on GameFaqs in their GameCenterCX 2 fourm, where they have a on going faq tread

link to thread

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just beat it to the 2nd KungFu challenge yesterday, but then i decided to turn the game off. Since i didnt understand a thing
its just not very nice to play though. I got the first GameCenter CX from playasia.com one year ago and played until the
4th challenge of the RPG game, which i only was able to play with a guide from gamefaqs.com. And some weeks ago, the english
retro challenge finaly was released, and MAN WAS I HAPPY about that
yaynds.gif

So, i took a deep look into part 2, LOVED it (the game&watch Arino game was nice too, first try i got to floor 121) and decided
to wait for the english relase, so i can enjoy the full of the game
smile.gif

Btw, TVNihon is releasing subbed GCCX episodes every few weeks
wink.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But the voice feature is so nice
lecture.gif

"YOSH!"

I love it when Arino shouts "coooin coooin coooooin" in the bonus coin stage of the first game (first game of GCCX2)
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol