DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

dap1mp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news on getting this to work on M3 PERFECT LITE?
I read a lot of stuff but couldn't find a solution.

I can't believe I actually skimmed through 80 pages of this thread.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameSoul said:
Clannad said:
GameSoul said:
I've no idea where to go. Guess I'll find a walkthrough

where u at?

After Marle disappeared, I went to look for the Queen but I have no idea where she is...
the queen is in the cathedral to the left of guardia forest. Go in and touch the sparkle in front of the alter and you'll fight some Nagas. After that, play the organ to access a secret passage to a dungeon.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
GameSoul said:
Clannad said:
GameSoul said:

where u at?

After Marle disappeared, I went to look for the Queen but I have no idea where she is...
the queen is in the cathedral to the left of guardia forest. Go in and touch the sparkle in front of the alter and you'll fight some Nagas. After that, play the organ to access a secret passage to a dungeon.

Thanks.

FunPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
FunPolice said:
granville said:
mercluke said:
OnTopic: is it just me or is classic mode far superior to ds mode?
Well, I liked the new DS mode, but I can see people getting annoyed at having to take their eyes off the action to look at the bottom screen.

Just made it to Zeal! The patch works great and I really appreciated all you hard working crackers who did this!
yaynds.gif
I actually think the game seems a bit smoother than even the SNES game. And load times are nonexistent of course.

And since I got modded as well as other members, I guess I irritated Toni too. Sorry about that.
Well it's called the DS for a reason....
unsure.gif

Tell me one reason why Golden Sun isn't the worst RPG ever made?
What does it have ANYTHING to do with Chrono Trigger? I don't have to give a reason why it's one of the best. The majority of gamers agree with the fact it's awesome. Like I said, why bring the game up?

The dual screen mode is nice-looking and performs smoothly, but the out of battle controls are really stiff and just don't work well at all. DS this may be, but having to switch between views while being timed is a bit disorienting. That being said though, I got used to it. But I have a high level of patience, so others may not be so forgiving.
You don't have to use the stylus...

Golden Sun sucked, it's the most generic RPG on the face of the planet. Does everything that's been done before and doesn't do ANY of it particularly well. The fact that you can't even name ONE reason why it's not the WORST RPG ever says quite a lot.

FunPolice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
GameSoul said:
Clannad said:
GameSoul said:

where u at?

lol you could have just told him to go to the cathedral

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip

I won't go off topic because I don't want to be modded like you will be. If you want some good reasons why it's good, go here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111331

And I suggest you go complain there instead of complaining about it here where it's of no consequence.

You certainly don't have to use the stylus controls, but they are there for scrutiny. They suck IMO (not necessarily to others). It doesn't hurt the game, but like you say, it's DS and that makes them in the place of scrutiny.

phenixz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
billiedekidd said:
um, does the patch that narin made work on ace kard 2?
i tried the the patch, but didn't work
frown.gif

fyi, i'm using akaio v.1.2 (original one)

Also have a Acekard with Akio 1.2 and it works well with 11_19_08_USRCHEAT.DAT.zip (first time warp at least ...)

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing for a few hours on M3 Real using the cheat code fix. I wanted to go back to the arena from the main game, so I used the games built in soft-reset by pressing, "L,R,Start,Select". After the arena I went back to the normal game, and was going to warp from 600AD to 1000AD, and it froze. Then I turned the DS off, and on again and the time warp worked fine. I am guessing the in-game soft reset messed up the cheat code in some way. I guess I will have to use the M3 Real reset, as the in game soft reset messes it up.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be related to resetting, I've remarked on a few occassions that my Acekard RPG loses cheat functionality if you use the game's reset of start+select+L+R. I'll have to use the cart's soft reset, or power off+on and reload the game to get them going again. Usually the latter because Acekard have really been slacking on that thing and it works on maybe 5%-10% of games now days without causing some sort of freezing when enabled. Chrono Trigger included.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a G6 Real, it's amazing these things still work flawlessy. I still use a 2.x version firmware! Anyway good work on the fixes everyone. I didn't have to patch or anything. I just turned the Non-M3 Real/Sakura code on in case.

drdeath25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
sub said:
Hello

Anyone with DS-Xtreme managed to get it to work ?

Like everyone with DS-X know, the team has stopped the support. So we always need to use MaxCrassMethod to get new roms to work.

The thing is... When I only patch the rom with the fix, it dont start because i need to apply Arm7fix, but if I apply arm7fix is impossible to apply ChronoFix because i get a 0mb file ....

frown.gif

XxRoxaSoraxX said:
Im using DSATM and i use the code(as a .txt) and Mario kart DS as my donor rom they are all in the same directory......WHAT DO I DO

Download DSATM

Save the cheats to a text file and leave the description above the code intact:

Code:
Loop fix
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

or

CODE
Loop fix for M3 Real
523FE294 E08AA009
E23FDFDC 00000024
E08AA009 E35A0000
1A0000AB E1A0A00E
E28FE000 E12FFF1C
E1A0E00A E31E0402
EA00009F 00000000
023FE294 EAFFFF50
D2000000 00000000
0204E364 E3A00000
0204E368 E12FFF1E
0204E6c4 E3A00000
0204E6c8 E12FFF1E

Place the text file with the codes, DSATM, and your donor game (donor.nds) or ARM7 file (donor.bin) into the same folder.

Run DSATM

Select the original game (not patched at all!)

Select the cheat text

Select the patched game to save as

Leave Trainer checked and check ARM7 Fix

Click Autopatch Game!

For anyone with a CycloDS (and possibly other carts that white screen with the patch)

Follow the above instructions but before you patch the game:

Click the button with a cracker to switch to Advanced mode

Change the RAM address to 0x23fd000

Then click Autopatch Game!

Note: I'm not sure if it needs an ARM7 fix so try it first without it.

This does work for DS-X.... got through the first portal fine, and am able to save properly!

Just use any game you have already done the arm7 Max Crass method on as the donor rom, and use the first loop fix code (not the m3 one), works like a charm so far.

Thanks!

Goobaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a mostly complete understanding of what's going on with the rom, but what i don't know is why the cheat function doesn't appear for the game. I use r4 @ 1.18 but chrono trigger's codes aren't accessible. Any thoughts?

Edit: Reason I'm asking is because the (I think) patched version i have locks up pretty often, and i can't access the codes, i have the most recent version of the database dl'ed only a few minutes ago, if it helps, the size of the rom i have is 83.91MB.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
check the rom id thru cheat editor by the r4 company... press the 3 dots (...) beside the game id and select the rom and u will see if the id written in the database is equal to it or not and if it isn't then i suggest either saving the cheatdb u just edited now or create a new userdatabase (usrcheat.dat) and copy paste all the chrono trigger codes (Ctrl+c on the game name in cheat.dat) in that usrcheat.dat so as not to lose that id everytime u download a new database from gbatemp
Hope u got tht

PS>Biggest surprise = English

Goobaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting...so whoever provided the so-called patched rom must have edited the id? strange... well thanks for the help, though I'm better of finding a clean one since the editor doesn't function on a mac. Thanks again pal.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goobaman said:
Interesting...so whoever provided the so-called patched rom must have edited the id?
No. Part of the ID is a CRC of the rom header, which is changed when you patch the rom. The code databases have the ID for the unpatched rom, because there's no need to use a patched rom when you've already got the codes to crack the protection.

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I tried both fixes and I tried the DSATM editing rom mode but I can't make it work on my Acekard 2.
The only game that works it's with the unpatched one but it has the first time warp bug
frown.gif

anyone succeed to make CT work on AK 2?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lametta said:
I tried both fixes and I tried the DSATM editing rom mode but I can't make it work on my Acekard 2.
The only game that works it's with the unpatched one but it has the first time warp bug
frown.gif

Yep, I'm using AKAIO 1.2. Added the latest cheat database, checked the one to bypass the loop checks and it's working good here.

Goobaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh of course, that makes more sense. well shoot then maybe it's been improperly patched, I'll hunt down a clean copy and just work it with the cheats since this "patch" it's got on doesn't seem to work. Thanks for all your help.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lametta said:
frown.gif

Just use the clean rom and the cheats that remove the copy protection. There's no need to patch the rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work