yeah It's the same here, maybe another cooli RPG
biggrin.gif

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
DivineZeus said:
A rain of japanese titles, few USA and no euro releases these days... europe is the third world of entertainment...
sleep.gif
Europe was always that nothing new there :=) But Unlike the NES times today we have stuff like INTERNET and almost everybody knows English.
Also i need to learn japs ;_;

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
-Mew- said:
DivineZeus said:
A rain of japanese titles, few USA and no euro releases these days... europe is the third world of entertainment...
sleep.gif
Europe was always that nothing new there :=) But Unlike the NES times today we have stuff like INTERNET and almost everybody knows English.
Also i need to learn japs ;_;
Yeah, u're right, but it's always a shame...
frown.gif
oh well, god bless the flashcarts!
biggrin.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
christ, this looks like the most generic strategy rpg ever. i think they have a machine for these things now. not that there's anything wrong with a generic strategy rpg every now and then, i was all about luminous arc for a while and that's about as generic as they come, but surely they could at least mix up the setting once in a while and have one that's set in space or the present day or something.

Naouak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
bollocks said:
christ, this looks like the most generic strategy rpg ever. i think they have a machine for these things now. not that there's anything wrong with a generic strategy rpg every now and then, i was all about luminous arc for a while and that's about as generic as they come, but surely they could at least mix up the setting once in a while and have one that's set in space or the present day or something.
hum: SRW, Front mission, Advance wars ?

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone on slashdot once said being able to read and write Japanese is the best skill a Western geek could have. I don't agree, entirely, but it does come in handy even if you're not living here.

Anyway, I'll take a generic S-RPG anyday - I've got FFTA-2 and Disgaea on my DS and I'm working my way through Namco x Capcom right now. After those I've got Robot Wars W and Poison Pink waiting and I'll probably pick up Front Mission 5 after I get through those two. In the mean time, though I'll check this thing out.

As for non-fantasy settings Naouak mentioned SRW, FM, and AW (which isn't really an RPG), but there's also Bahumat Lagoon (which is fantasy but uses a weird co-dragon system), the above mentioned Poison Pink (Gothic) and Namco x Capcom (sci-fi, mostly), the Super Famicom Tenchi Muyo game, Disgaea series, Rhaposody (which is technically in the same universe as Disgaea but it's a frickin' MUSICAL), and to a lesser extent the SD Gundam S-RPGs.

-Mew-

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
kikuchiyo said:
Someone on slashdot once said being able to read and write Japanese is the best skill a Western geek could have. I don't agree, entirely, but it does come in handy even if you're not living here.

Anyway, I'll take a generic S-RPG anyday - I've got FFTA-2 and Disgaea on my DS and I'm working my way through Namco x Capcom right now. After those I've got Robot Wars W and Poison Pink waiting and I'll probably pick up Front Mission 5 after I get through those two. In the mean time, though I'll check this thing out.

As for non-fantasy settings Naouak mentioned SRW, FM, and AW (which isn't really an RPG), but there's also Bahumat Lagoon (which is fantasy but uses a weird co-dragon system), the above mentioned Poison Pink (Gothic) and Namco x Capcom (sci-fi, mostly), the Super Famicom Tenchi Muyo game, Disgaea series, Rhaposody (which is technically in the same universe as Disgaea but it's a frickin' MUSICAL), and to a lesser extent the SD Gundam S-RPGs.

A geek that can Read and Write Japanese is called a Weeaboo.
ph34r.gif

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-Mew- said:
kikuchiyo said:

ph34r.gif

Damnit! I thought we were called Awesome.
frown.gif

I have to change my life now. I'm learning Laotian, and dumping my beautiful Japanese girlfriend.
ph34r.gif

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blebleman said:
-Mew- said:
kikuchiyo said:

ph34r.gif

frown.gif

I have to change my life now. I'm learning Laotian, and dumping my beautiful Japanese girlfriend.
ph34r.gif
I never knew theres a name for non japanese, japanese speaking people?? I thought they were just called people that knows more than one language.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ENDscape said:
Blebleman said:
-Mew- said:
kikuchiyo said:

ph34r.gif

frown.gif

ph34r.gif
I never knew theres a name for non japanese, japanese speaking people?? I thought they were just called people that knows more than one language.

That isn't what weeaboo means.

Just because a person can read and write Japanese does not mean that he/she is a weeaboo.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
ENDscape said:
Blebleman said:
-Mew- said:
kikuchiyo said:

ph34r.gif

frown.gif

ph34r.gif

That isn't what weeaboo means.

Just because a person can read and write Japanese does not mean that he/she is a weeaboo.
I just checked out the definition of "weeaboo", and oh, hell no. We call those Otaku. And they freak me out. They're the incarnation of the reason we're treated the way we are in Japan. I hate them pretty bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.