DS #1628: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (USA)

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is by a long shot better than any pokemon game out. I hate to make the comparison of the two, but DQM is on a different level. I give this game super kudos for having changed the look of the game, and imprving on game elements. Pokemon has hardly evolved at all...
Bulbasaur_pokemon_red.png

0_61_pokemon_pearl.jpg

DWM2Battle.png

dqmj169.jpg

emiliop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys. i can get it to run but once the game starts i get a message saying it can't find the adventure log and that i have to reset it. any way around this?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...this game is kicking ass. I'm very impressed with it so far. I've been dying to play it since the JP came out, but just didn't want to sit there with a guide in one hand and the DS in the other. It has great looking graphics too.

Agreed.

For those who are on the fence or not familiar with this type of RPG, I highly suggest giving it at least a good couple of hours before packing it in and saying, "meh." The thing is, it's really a pretty deep RPG. If you only play it for a few minutes it's gonna seem like all you do is grind against monsters that present no challenge. But the landscape of the islands and how they open up as you progress, as well as the great bottom-screen interface, really make it a gem for RPG fans. Of course, if you're not an RPG fan...well, this game ain't likely gonna make you one.
smile.gif

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is by a long shot better than any pokemon game out. I hate to make the comparison of the two, but DQM is on a different level. I give this game super kudos for having changed the look of the game, and imprving on game elements. Pokemon has hardly evolved at all...

If it's not broken, don't fix it. IMO, Pokémon has been delivering a solid and sturdy gameplay since GB days. There's no need for fancy 3D-rendered graphics or orchestrated sound with Pokémon... they revamped the typing system and that's a HUGE overhaul.

Anyway, so far, so good. I've been really looking forward for this game, at least I have something to play for a long time... the DS has been very boring for a while, IMO =/

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
what is it? is it a rpg?

don't be stupid.
the release info states it as rpg, ign.com has a review up and you ask if it's a rpg?
Why do you have to be a dick? Why can't you simply state that it is a RPG?

i did. while at the same time i managed to be a dick.
maybe you should instead ask her why she can't just simply READ?

edit:
besides, you're blowing this up and there's no need for it.
when i say 'don't be stupid' it's not even meant offensive, it's more of a joke.
so no mo whining mmmkay?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
"The enemy are defeated!"

this has some pretty lolenglish in it... but oh well, it's a fun game
smile.gif

btw, I love the "the lips" enemy, especially when confused
"the lips is confused, the lips attacked, the lips attacked the lips"
laugh.gif

Yidaki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what is it? is it a rpg?

don't be stupid.
the release info states it as rpg, ign.com has a review up and you ask if it's a rpg?

edit:
when i say 'don't be stupid' it's not even meant offensive, it's more of a joke.
so no mo whining mmmkay?
I agree with jalaneme.
What is this, an RPG?
I don't think so.
Someone prove me wrong
smile.gif

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what is it? is it a rpg?

don't be stupid.

edit:
so no mo whining mmmkay?
A joke? I fail to see how you can have ANY friends in real life.

beethy

Trophies
XP
Country
^
Argue in your own time. You're both incredibly childish for polluting threads this way.

On topic.. I can't wait to try this game out, I love the Dragon Quest games.. so this one should be fun!

ramza__x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this game is far better than most RPG games out there!

the gfx is alot better than most, with smooth 3D and high texture detail (for the DS)
and the resolution is at it highest, the 3D has dark outline so looking far away... you can still see the detail of the characters.
look around, most out-line or lines are single pixel... giving more room and space!
notice the texts are very small... trying to gives a high resolution looks (HD for the DS!!)

i got to give the gfx is at its best!
any more texture and details will sacrifice the performance and frame rate will drop (causing slow down)

the sounds is somewhat par...

for RPG fans, this game is good to last!

The Good : Gfx and gameplay
The Bad : Camera control
The Ugly : The bad guys (enemy)

8/10 (IMO)

(is there anyone having random crash on the R4? i'm using a "Kingston 512mb jap" or its just me...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...