Hardware Dropped 3ds... Got scratches

3Bies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So i'm in a pretty common situation some people get... I dropped my 3ds as I was getting it out of my bag! Luckily it landed on the hinge and suffered no hardware damage whatsoever, but falling off a meter of the ground is... not exactly healthy for a 3ds, or any device you may have. The hinge has light but visible damage. You can see the damage spread across the hinge from the right, a few scratches to the top sides left bottom corner... Barely visible with the trouble on the top hinge. Not anything to be poisonous enough to kill its owner but it doesn't leave a good aftertaste. This was the first time I was looking properly at the outside of my 3ds, I checked online and found the cost's of buying a shell for my 3ds legend of zelda limited edition I think link between worlds? With triforce on both sides, top side is gold and bottom half is black. The costs are exorbitant and replacing the shell looks pretty troublesome.
Now getting to my point the scratches were not prone enough to make me buy a new 3ds or shell, I want to know if I could buy a shell cheap with description above in any case I want to switch the covers. I also want to know... What happens to the serial number on the back??? I have my number on the back still not close to being rubbed off. If I bought a new case the serial number is surely gone right? My 3ds is preowned so I do not have the official box with it. Do the replacement shells come with a requested serial number? Or is it actually random? I heard if you unscrew a 3ds you can still see the serial number. Is it unlikely attached to the shell? Or the system itself? I know its kind of stupid to cry over a few scratches... but i'm that kind of person. I don't want to by any chance replace my system as it contains my cfw. For those who may question my 3ds scratches ill post this with the pictures...... You may start to see how gung ho I am over a scratched shell...... New lesson is to buy a shell protector even if its ruining the point of having a nice shell design.... The only thing actually plausible for nintendo is every systems durability, dropping it on your house floor doesn't kill it unless its a hard surface, my great luck made my 3ds land on the concrete next to grass...... At least durability is nothing to complain about having a good contrast or crap screen..... Btw mine is the latter.........
Sorry for bad quality

Photo on 10-03-17 at 4.53 PM.jpg
Photo on 10-03-17 at 4.54 PM.jpg

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm in a pretty common situation some people get... I dropped my 3ds as I was getting it out of my bag! Luckily it landed on the hinge and suffered no hardware damage whatsoever, but falling off a meter of the ground is... not exactly healthy for a 3ds, or any device you may have. The hinge has light but visible damage. You can see the damage spread across the hinge from the right, a few scratches to the top sides left bottom corner... Barely visible with the trouble on the top hinge. Not anything to be poisonous enough to kill its owner but it doesn't leave a good aftertaste. This was the first time I was looking properly at the outside of my 3ds, I checked online and found the cost's of buying a shell for my 3ds legend of zelda limited edition I think link between worlds? With triforce on both sides, top side is gold and bottom half is black. The costs are exorbitant and replacing the shell looks pretty troublesome.
Now getting to my point the scratches were not prone enough to make me buy a new 3ds or shell, I want to know if I could buy a shell cheap with description above in any case I want to switch the covers. I also want to know... What happens to the serial number on the back??? I have my number on the back still not close to being rubbed off. If I bought a new case the serial number is surely gone right? My 3ds is preowned so I do not have the official box with it. Do the replacement shells come with a requested serial number? Or is it actually random? I heard if you unscrew a 3ds you can still see the serial number. Is it unlikely attached to the shell? Or the system itself? I know its kind of stupid to cry over a few scratches... but i'm that kind of person. I don't want to by any chance replace my system as it contains my cfw. For those who may question my 3ds scratches ill post this with the pictures...... You may start to see how gung ho I am over a scratched shell...... New lesson is to buy a shell protector even if its ruining the point of having a nice shell design.... The only thing actually plausible for nintendo is every systems durability, dropping it on your house floor doesn't kill it unless its a hard surface, my great luck made my 3ds land on the concrete next to grass...... At least durability is nothing to complain about having a good contrast or crap screen..... Btw mine is the latter.........
Sorry for bad quality

View attachment 80826 View attachment 80827
WOW TL;DR

3Bies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Finally A good answer!!!!! :D Ill look into these two webs, although linuxares I don't think I really want to put a skin sticker over my 3ds :P Even if it can cover up my scratches I don't feel like doing that to a limited edition. (If it was a common console Id consider your answer :P Thanks for reply though!!! Flugelmir I might look for a case, although the case on amazon looks neat, I think its a bit bulky to use. Ill take up your suggestion and look for a durable and cheap case with a good grip :D Maybe ill find a cheaper version of the one you showed me :D Nintendo really needs to make their consoles have better grip, my 3ds slipped out of my hands from complete smoothness.......

Last edited by 3Bies,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to