PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm 28 hours in now. I've really been blazing through this game.

I just beat Gallows Moor, meaning my next stop is the Archfiend's lair. Blackmar was surprisingly easy, but his constant casting of Kazing on his minions was really annoying. I'm going to try to beat the game, and then go beat all of the fashion contests. Then I'm going to train up the king slime that joins you after beating the Rank 7 fashion contest, and have him compete in Slimeopolis.

It's so odd how in this game Zenithia is never referred to as such, and is on solid ground. The Zenith Dragon is absent as well, and the Zenithian gear has different names. Sword of Ramias, Helm of Sebath, Armour of Orgo, and Shield of Valora. DQVI is still an amazing game though, I'm just nitpicking right now.
You haven't felt true rage until you lose a battle because an enemy uses a paralysis spell and it succeeds on every character in your party.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
You haven't felt true rage until you lose a battle because an enemy uses a paralysis spell and it succeeds on every character in your party.

I felt some rage when Murdaw spammed elemental attacks in his second form the first time I fought him and wiped out my whole party. To get back at him, I decided to level grind to hell and back and destroyed him the next time.

I'm closing in on 20 hours myself and grabbed the Shield I guess fairly early. I had to use an SNES guide and fend for my life (it wasn't THAT bad, mostly puzzles). I'm back to exploring to try to see if maybe, just maybe, some of the small amount of land I have yet to explore in the lower realm. On my search though, I did:

I found Weaver's Peak in the real world, fused the Heroes together, and am now killing the last monster that invaded the village. After this, I need to go back to figuring out what I need to do to get my crappy rust bucket of a sword repaired since the girl was so kind as to blow me off all because I want to skewer monsters with it.

I almost quit multiple times, but I'm glad I didn't.

PeregrinFig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
PeregrinFig said:

I felt some rage when Murdaw spammed elemental attacks in his second form the first time I fought him and wiped out my whole party. To get back at him, I decided to level grind to hell and back and destroyed him the next time.

I'm closing in on 20 hours myself and grabbed the Shield I guess fairly early. I had to use an SNES guide and fend for my life (it wasn't THAT bad, mostly puzzles). I'm back to exploring to try to see if maybe, just maybe, some of the small amount of land I have yet to explore in the lower realm. On my search though, I did:

I found Weaver's Peak in the real world, fused the Heroes together, and am now killing the last monster that invaded the village. After this, I need to go back to figuring out what I need to do to get my crappy rust bucket of a sword repaired since the girl was so kind as to blow me off all because I want to skewer monsters with it.

I almost quit multiple times, but I'm glad I didn't.
Look for Mo the Mole in Turnscote. He'll help you out. (Wanted to tell you what to do without spoiling anything)

By the way, loss by paralysis sucks so much because since paralysis doesn't clear up on its own, it counts as death if your whole party has it. If Burning Breath manages to affect all four of your characters, you lose the battle and get rushed back to the nearest church. It really sucks.

eviltaxiSS3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
eviltaxiSS3 said:
hey I got an m3 real and was wondering if anyone could help me avoid the tag mode bs so I can get some of the monsters u only get post game without tag mode.

Tag Mode is only really good for Japan, and even then, that's only when the game is popular and in high population areas. Tag Mode is kind of a terrible idea that I don't understand why it has made it into multiple games now. As it stands though, there is no save editor or cheats (that I'm aware of) that let you bypass everything you have to do with Tag Mode to just kind of reap the rewards of it.

ya it's really annoying that they continue this hopefully nintendo steps their game up eventually and advances their wifi capabilitys that is what kinda kills DQ IX I mean it would have been so much more badass if you could have done all the things in tag mode online also cause, especially in america most people don't know a ton of people or any at all that they can just go and play co op with using DQ IX

dracostars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a probleme i have download the clean and the patch version and the two version have the same problem. My linker is uptaded too is a SuperCard DSone with the Eos sp6 on it.

The problem is this :

After getting the Ra Mirror in the tower i need to going back near the king In my world of mine. So i go take the boat to going back to take the well in near the Abri port and
when i take it and going back to my world but im stuck in water in right down corner of the map and can do anything someone know what i can do to fix this please.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
dracostars said:
I have a probleme i have download the clean and the patch version and the two version have the same problem. My linker is uptaded too is a SuperCard DSone with the Eos sp6 on it.

The problem is this :

After getting the Ra Mirror in the tower i need to going back near the king In my world of mine. So i go take the boat to going back to take the well in near the Abri port and
when i take it and going back to my world but im stuck in water in right down corner of the map and can do anything someone know what i can do to fix this please.

Zoom back to All Trades Abbey and use the well in the bottom of the ruins. Then Zoom back to Somnia in the upper world that way.

An update: I have all the legendary equipment and am now attempting to find that one, single, specific shrine from however long ago.

dracostars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what to you mean by Zoom Back i dont understand.

I take the well in the abbey and when i take the well i going back in my world but i stuck in water en down of the map and i can't use teleportation or anything. Because it say i have no destination to use it. so i stuck there and i can't do anything.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, this game's gettin' pretty good now. I'm about eight hours in and have the red-headed chick in my party. I really dig the premise. At first I was getting worried it would be a similar premise as Radiant Historia, which would have diluted that story for me most likely. But this is definitely something a bit more unique. Lovin' the Zoom+ too.
wub.gif

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
Loving the game so far, and im grinding in that lava cave in the Isle of Murdaw before I fight him. Carvers at Level 21, im at 20, milly's at 19 and Nevan is 17. Should i carry on grinding or am I ready to go?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Zoom is a spell that the hero learns early (around level 8 I believe). It allows you to travel to major locations you've been to in the past. You'll have to be in the respective worlds to Zoom to their locations though. It's a staple spell of nearly all of the DQ games.

Well, thanks game for not telling me about the last damn key. Now I have to go out of one of the final areas in the game to get a key that no NPC's said anything about (and I talked to everything many times).

JBW said:
Loving the game so far, and im grinding in that lava cave in the Isle of Murdaw before I fight him. Carvers at Level 21, im at 20, milly's at 19 and Nevan is 17. Should i carry on grinding or am I ready to go?

I went ahead and kept going until Nevan was level 20. He was just kind of a burden before then. Beware:

Murdaw has two forms. The first form he summons what I thought to be very easy to kill minions. Otherwise his attacks are simple. Use kabuff a couple times and you should be good to go.
His second form sucks though. If you're unlucky, he will spam elemental attacks and wipe out your entire party at that level. And trust me, in the dungeon that you can't leave if you regret entering it, that isn't good if you have second thoughts about fighting him after entering.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dracostars said:
What is Zoom+ please , because i stuck in water when i take the well in the abbey for return to somnia

Well, that's my name for it. But basically, you eventually get the ability to...

Zoom between the real world and the dream world.

PeregrinFig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was irritating when I suddenly needed the Ultimate Key to proceed. Luckily I found it after a little bit of exploring. I hate the feeling that I probably forgot about some rooms with treasure that I need that key for, because there are just so many of them.

Also, where is Poseidon's castle? I've found almost everything underwater, like the naming shrine, Rubiss's throne, and that treasure chamber, but never found Poseidon.

dracostars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok zoom is the teleportation spell ok i have it but is not working for my problem , when i take the well i stuck in water in the left bottom corner of the map and when i use zoom i have no location so i can't do anything. :wtf:

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dracostars said:
Ok zoom is the teleportation spell ok i have it but is not working for my problem , when i take the well i stuck in water in the left bottom corner of the map and when i use zoom i have no location so i can't do anything. :wtf:

Where are you exactly?

dracostars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im just after we have get the Ra Mirror in the Tower. Now i need to going back to somnia in the Upper World. So i take zoom spell to go to Abri and from there i go to the abbey ruin's for take the well , when i take the well and going to the upper world , im not in the land , im in the water in the left bottom corner of the map and i can't use zoom spell for go somnia , say i i have no location.
So im bloking there and i can't not continued the game.

I have suparcard dsone , the EOS firware sp6(last uptaded) i have try with clean rom with patch mode in my linker is not worked and i have try the patchet rom too and is the same.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
Yeah, it was irritating when I suddenly needed the Ultimate Key to proceed. Luckily I found it after a little bit of exploring. I hate the feeling that I probably forgot about some rooms with treasure that I need that key for, because there are just so many of them.

Also, where is Poseidon's castle? I've found almost everything underwater, like the naming shrine, Rubiss's throne, and that treasure chamber, but never found Poseidon.

The island that has the town where you got your legendary sword reforged should border a circle of water with land around each side. Go underwater in the center of the water and you should find Poseidon's Castle relatively easily.

I'm at the end of the game now. Look at me go.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dracostars said:
Im just after we have get the Ra Mirror in the Tower. Now i need to going back to somnia in the Upper World. So i take zoom spell to go to Abri and from there i go to the abbey ruin's for take the well , when i take the well and going to the upper world , im not in the land , im in the water in the left bottom corner of the map and i can't use zoom spell for go somnia , say i i have no location.
So im bloking there and i can't not continued the game.

I have suparcard dsone , the EOS firware sp6(last uptaded) i have try with clean rom with patch mode in my linker is not worked and i have try the patchet rom too and is the same.

Did you already get the mirror? If so, return to the seer.

dracostars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes i have get the mirror but now i need to go see the king in somnia in the upper world with the mirror but when i take the well in the abbey it send me in the water in the left bottom corner of the map in the upper world and i can't do nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips