Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gumbyx84 said:
sired22 said:
twiztidsinz said:
sired22 said:
or seeing as reflector for .net opens it you could just you know edit the source
That's not always a good idea...
People tend to get mad when you reverse-engineer their work, especially without asking for permission.

Huh i thought that was called learning... you know you look at how they did it so you can do it yourself in a different or better way.
... Are you new to being a programmer? Heck, this has nothing to do with being a programmer. Its about respect. When it comes to homebrew/indie development, it is disrespectful to rip apart someone's code without permission. They put a lot of work into that app and, while you might think its innocent, they can take it as stealing their work.

It's one thing doing it or personal use and to learn it would be another thing to take said code reverse engineer it then release a hack or translation or whatever to it without at least attempting to get permission.

sired22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well your free to feel about that how you want. but for my personal use I'm already looking over the source seeing as i only plan to use it for myself.

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, for those translating the items / weapons, etc ( or those who just want to use the inventory mod ), here's a little help:

Red - the Japanese name
Blue - the English name
Green - the Chinese name ( the one used in the editor )

semttulowgg.jpg

( image taken from here: http://dq9.ffsky.cn/wandlist.htm )

If you want to just use the inventory editor, its a matter of copy-pasting the Chinese name in the respective box.

( great work, btw people! )

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moonmike said:
http://a.imageshack.us/img13/2793/51552250.jpg
i have made progress thanks to google translator

http://a.imageshack.us/img713/1469/97066588.jpg

QUOTE(Chaotik @ Jul 14 2010, 10:49 AM) Oh, for those translating the items / weapons, etc ( or those who just want to use the inventory mod ), here's a little help:

Red - the Japanese name
Blue - the English name
Green - the Chinese name ( the one used in the editor )

http://a.imageshack.us/img51/6370/semttulowgg.jpg

( image taken from here: http://dq9.ffsky.cn/wandlist.htm )

If you want to just use the inventory editor, its a matter of copy-pasting the Chinese name in the respective box.

( great work, btw people! )

Note: Made images into links to cut down on post size

Nice work! I wish I was competent enough with HEX editing as I would try and give you guys a hand. Best I can do is cheer from the sidelines.

... No pom-poms though. ..... or skirts ..... ... Actually lets just say I'll buy you guys a beer or something.......

winters

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know where I can find a list with the appearances? There appears to be more hair styles (haven't checked face type) than the default 10 presets (20 if you count both genders). My hair style is currently number 48, I'm guessing there a lot of unavailable NPC hairstyles/face.

There are too many to test, and my emulator crashes whenever I access the menu (my DS doesn't crash, but pulling out the SD card repeatedly to test each style is a bit much).

I can't seem to find any sites that have a list (admittedly, my ability to find useful chinese/japanese sites is pretty bad).

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, from what I've seen, there's a lot of NPCs hairstyles you can use ( I think you can even change their color ).

... oh look! Patty's hairstyle.

dq904.jpg

winters

Trophies
XP
Country
capturep.gif

Here's my translation of it, my japanese is pretty bad, so feel free to correct it
smile.gif

EDIT: Those buttons on the right says preset.

Yumil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
FriedGinger.com
XP
Country
United States
kodoku said:
Just wanted to point out that this is a Chinese translation of this, so if someone would rather have Japanese, there it is.

Wish I saw this before I started translating the Chinese one, oh well, I'll continue changing the Chinese executable, but Ill use the Japanese one for reference.

Anywho, here's what I got so far:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nxeogkentjmzdua

I've got most of the general window stuff done, the tabs titles, and most of the general tab done.

I'm not that far in the game(Im in bloomingdale), so I'll need to know the English locations after bloomingdale to finish off the DQ Locations for the profile. The Countries wont be done till last as they aren't important and it's going to take me some time to do more than just change labels for it(right now it's Japanese Prefectures, there are more Countries than prefectures so Im going to have to lengthen the list and meh changing labels is fine for me just now). The profile jobs are done, but I haven't touched the titles yet, that'll be saved for later. Save locations havent been translated either. I need a bit more play time before I can get all the correct English names so it'll have to stay with the chinese for now.

If ya'll see any problems with it, please tell me and I'll correct them. If you happen to know what the three checkbox's on the profile are, the three menu options in Edit are, or the English names for the profile locations after bloomingdale, please tell me. Also, which tab should I do next?

EDIT: Also if you see some labels that could use a good move, please tell me as I'm trying to do this as quick as I can, but I do like to make sure it looks good and uniform as well, so I might miss some things.

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yumil said:
kodoku said:
Just wanted to point out that this is a Chinese translation of this, so if someone would rather have Japanese, there it is.

Wish I saw this before I started translating the Chinese one, oh well, I'll continue changing the Chinese executable, but Ill use the Japanese one for reference.

Anywho, here's what I got so far:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nxeogkentjmzdua

I've got most of the general window stuff done, the tabs titles, and most of the general tab done.

I'm not that far in the game(Im in bloomingdale), so I'll need to know the English locations after bloomingdale to finish off the DQ Locations for the profile. The Countries wont be done till last as they aren't important and it's going to take me some time to do more than just change labels for it(right now it's Japanese Prefectures, there are more Countries than prefectures so Im going to have to lengthen the list and meh changing labels is fine for me just now). The profile jobs are done, but I haven't touched the titles yet, that'll be saved for later. Save locations havent been translated either. I need a bit more play time before I can get all the correct English names so it'll have to stay with the chinese for now.

If ya'll see any problems with it, please tell me and I'll correct them. If you happen to know what the three checkbox's on the profile are, the three menu options in Edit are, or the English names for the profile locations after bloomingdale, please tell me. Also, which tab should I do next?

EDIT: Also if you see some labels that could use a good move, please tell me as I'm trying to do this as quick as I can, but I do like to make sure it looks good and uniform as well, so I might miss some things.

Looks great so far. Do you want my save? I've already completed the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Hey