Gaming DQM: TW3D Translation W/Pictures

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not capable of rom hacking I have never done that before and wouldn't know where to start. Maybe it will eventually become a translation project for a team of members in the future who have background of programming and editing. For now this is all I can supply is translated screenshots. To look at as a guide l. Sorry.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not capable of rom hacking I have never done that before and wouldn't know where to start. Maybe it will eventually become a translation project for a team of members in the future who have background of programming and editing. For now this is all I can supply is translated screenshots. To look at as a guide l. Sorry.
Luckily, this game would be relatively easy to make a translation ROM seeing as how it doesn't have nearly as much text as a normal RPG (assuming it's similar to Dragon Warrior Monsters, since I played that but not this). Just ask Bortz to use his green-name powers to find someone to do it.

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's similar in a lot of ways but also adds the joker gameplay twist.

-there's monster bait still different kind raises the scout bar % the better the meat the higher the %. Kind of kept the old style of catching monsters there.

-pulio is still the ranranch owner and he loses all the monsters and gives you a slime for your first monster. A skydragon poops on your head still. This can also change to a big rooster. (Skydragon gave me skeleton egg not skydragon)

-as mentioned above eggs are back and hatching them requirks for you to go battle and accumalaccumulate a total of a certain. Amount of exp depending on the color ( well at least that's what I think you have to do?)

-there's the arena battle through classes g-s after d class the tree begins to grow. And stuff starts to change like in the old game.

And a ffew bosses have been changed and certain ones join whereas in the older gbc game they didnt. And a ton of other changes.

But I'm still progressing through not even done with the story yet.

As far as the text goes Its broken english when translated and certain people say close to the samething as the old game but not word for word again this is what I get when I have translated the text and I'm familiar with the old game and story. So it's old and new remake. If that makes since but still a good game too play.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Having the screenshots with the ROM is bad since we would have to download the whole pack just to see them, I think it would be good to put onde or two screenshots on the post. Don't see this as a complaint, it's just a suggestion. I really line the monster series and I hope you succedd in this translation projecto, good luck ;)

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the screenshots with the ROM is bad since we would have to download the whole pack just to see them, I think it would be good to put onde or two screenshots on the post. Don't see this as a complaint, it's just a suggestion. I really line the monster series and I hope you succedd in this translation projecto, good luck

I dont take anything as a complaint really i just like the feed back. helps me improve my thread. thanks for the screenshot tip i was going to do that from the start but never got around too it. but i just did that.

and there is no ROM in these zips just images. i know img files are big but there are a lot 1-2mb a piece over 30+ pics. sorry if i should shrink them give me a link to program thats useful i just dont really have the time to do all that nor do i really want to i know some people wont download because of this reason. im just doing something quick and easy, take pic translate and post. no trimming img sizes or polishing up things to make them look perfect just good enough to read and be able to understand them.

i will concider shrinking all the files if I do end up taking the time to find a program. its just kind of up in the air i guess...

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's a cool project you have here, thanks for your efforts!

How are you creating those translated pics? It looks like your translations are actually on your 3DS screen and not just photshopped shots of the JP game. But you said your are playing the retail game without hacking it, so I'm a little confused ^^.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a cool project you have here, thanks for your efforts!

How are you creating those translated pics? It looks like your translations are actually on your 3DS screen and not just photshopped shots of the JP game. But you said your are playing the retail game without hacking it, so I'm a little confused ^^.
If you look at the text and the area surrounding it, there's some rather clear discoloration.

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the confusion guys. Yea the low res pics you can't really see the boxes I drew before placing the text. It almost looks like a rom hack but it's not. I simply use

M$ paint.
And google translator (not word for word since google translation doesn't completely translate 100%.)

Richter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, the BINJ files in the ROM are editable and they take in game.

See here: Dragon Quest Monsters T3D example

It's not much but the the word Slime is translated in the lower bottom.

I don't know how difficult the game will be to hack, but it is very possible. We did this quickly to see if it worked, while we also translated DQVII.

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, the BINJ files in the ROM are editable and they take in game.

See here: Dragon Quest Monsters T3D example

It's not much but the the word Slime is translated in the lower bottom.

I don't know how difficult the game will be to hack, but it is very possible. We did this quickly to see if it worked, while we also translated DQVII.

For the record, Richter is also working on the DQVII translation project and we have a guy who is working on DQM:TW3D.
All interested should apply :blink:

Reactions: michelthemaster

michelthemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ Helmax: Go for it! We want TW3D so bad :-D Maybe you also can open a new thread with the status of the project ;-)

Greetz

Micha

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For the record, Richter is also working on the DQVII translation project and we have a guy who is working on DQM:TW3D.
All interested should apply :blink:

I am translating the game too via hex editor. I have almost translated romfs\data\Battle\Table. I could make good progress if i could edit and save *.xbb.gz and Tbl.bin files inside romfs\data\Param. Is there any tool?

Helmax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am translating the game too via hex editor. I have almost translated romfs\data\Battle\Table. I could make good progress if i could edit and save *.xbb.gz and Tbl.bin files inside romfs\data\Param. Is there any tool?

Do you have a hex table defined? If you did and knew how to use it you could edit the binJ files, the real target, under data/Message

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have a hex table defined? If you did and knew how to use it you could edit the binJ files, the real target, under data/Message

I think that binJ files are something like encrypted/archived because hex editor shows japanese characters on hex side
jis.JPG

but shift-jis text begins fro 8x like 81 92 and not a0 e4.
eg

83 58 83 4a 83 8b 83 4b 83 8b 81
Guaardvark スカルガルー

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the Delay but here it is the new updated files I fixed item names as well as added a bunch more pictures. just read the entire post and see. its one link this time its getting bigger soon i may have to find a way to shrink files but keep quality.

also I added 2 links at the end of the post translate those with google chrome etc.... and it can tell you info about all monsters in the game on one and the wiki contains a lot of info.

**LOOK AT OP FOR NEW INFO AND NEW LINK**

wbsddgg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That would be awesome. Mainly I'm just trying to work on translating the Monster stats a little better.

The last Stat under "quickness" translates to "kind regards" not sure what that means. This info can be found in a picture in the folder Monster stats of the file I posted above on mediafire.

I have a few pictures I could post if you wanted to translate the text. It's mainly talking about the street pass battles you can do if you're familiar with the game.

Do you understand /know how to read kana/kanji? If so that's very cool and I would greatly appreciate any help you'd be willing to give.

Great work!

I got some issues, that:

!G4zFx0QopsOxwgbAv6pXS0gfQ78o3hXvikVXcqE9u5w
↑ is that the keyword to download in
https://mega.co.nz website?

i can open your download site but it requests me to offer some key word

could you send yours pics in my email ? [email protected]

I thank you, and btw, could i share your great work ,in your name, to my compatriots?

It must be some great help for us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro