Hardware DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION after GPU driver update

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a PC with i5 and a Geforce GTX 570 running Windows 10. All was running well until I installed Witcher 2 through Steam. On the first start the game installed some drivers (at least I think) and the game crashed. After that the PC always crashed after a few munites. I uninstalled the game in safe mode, but that didn't help.

So I decided to format C: and install Windows 10 fresh. The installation went fine, but now the same crashes happen as soon as the graphics card drivers are updated. It doesn't matter if I let Windows Update install the driver or install directly via Nvidia installation file downloaded from the Nvidia website.

When I restart the PC after a crash, I get the error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on boot. Google searches didn't help fixing the issue. And Safe Mode still works. All was running well before.

Do you have any idea how I could fix this? Could it be that my graphics card is damaged?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems so. It's just strange that the problems started with the Witcher 2 installation. All was running fine before.

Btw, I gave Windows 8.1 a shot. I installed it fresh, but I still cannot install the graphics driver. Although the PC still boots after that unlike Windows 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone