Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

after looking closer at the GUI it is noticable that it does not use the GX2 engine to draw the textures. It simply uses OSScreenPutPixelEx function. This function is just a CPU way of poking into the scan buffer. That was kind of dissappointing to me as I was hoping for GX2. I mean no offense, the GUI looks good and it is nice that someone else was working on loadiine, but you can clearly see in the video how it is "refreshing" the pixel lines one after another. This way of drawing is not a good base for a GUI and is very slow. I knew about this function and that is why I didnt even start doing a GUI with that.

So because of that I continued my work on GX2. It took quite some time but I finally managed to initialze it all the way up and make it render textures correctly. Additionally I implemented a converter from PNG files to textures in run time which than can be used. I can render to both TV (up to 1080p) or the gamepad (DRC, up to max res. of 854x480) simultanious with same or different surfaces.
That means I now have everything that is needed to make a GX2 based GUI. Well everything except the skills to actually create good looking images :P. That is why I am writing here. I am looking for someone who wants to help out with the future "Loadiine GX2 v1.0" project and invest his time into create nice looking background, button, icons, etc. images. Someone with some experience in creating graphics with Photoshop or similar. Just simple PNG files will be sufficient.
If you want to help out, then just contact me here or on IRC.

I always have liked the Starlight Fun Center Wii GUI and I know they have Wii U too.
The demo units had a pretty nifty selection screen as well - is something of that nature possible?

intro.jpg

Reactions: thaikhoa

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have liked the Starlight Fun Center Wii GUI and I know they have Wii U too.
The demo units had a pretty nifty selection screen as well - is something of that nature possible?

intro.jpg

Of course it is possible. It just has to be coded. This starlight thing doesn't even require real 3D rendering. its mostly 2D with the looks like 3D.

But the GX2 engine is quite powerful and you can do all kind of 3D rendering in 1080p as well. For example something like the crazy 3D box cover animations that Hibernatus did on his Wiiflow loader for the Wii.

It's all possible but requires time to code of course. But I am honest, I am not a 3D game developer. Something like Wiiflow requires quite good knowledge in 3D programming and I would need some time to get into that kind of stuff since I dont have experience in it. I can write a 3D box cover (front and back) rendering in a short amount of time but without all those crazy flying around animations as in Wiiflow. Those would require more time.
Though the Starlight GUI and animations that you showed are totally doable within a fair amount of time even with my knowledge of 2D/3D programming with GX2 as it is mostly 2D.

PS:
Until now no one has contancted me about doing some images for the GUI though. No one with time and some skills in photoshop around here? :) I could use the Wii icons as a starter but those won't look good on high res of WiiU probably.

Last edited by dimok,

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
I think best interface is grid with 2 rows like cfg loader. I also think you can just use images from available themes and contact authors.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course it is possible. It just has to be coded. This starlight thing doesn't even require real 3D rendering. its mostly 2D with the looks like 3D.

But the GX2 engine is quite powerful and you can do all kind of 3D rendering in 1080p as well. For example something like the crazy 3D box cover animations that Hibernatus did on his Wiiflow loader for the Wii.

It's all possible but requires time to code of course. But I am honest, I am not a 3D game developer. Something like Wiiflow requires quite good knowledge in 3D programming and I would need some time to get into that kind of stuff since I dont have experience in it. I can write a 3D box cover (front and back) rendering in a short amount of time but without all those crazy flying around animations as in Wiiflow. Those would require more time.
Though the Starlight GUI and animations that you showed are totally doable within a fair amount of time even with my knowledge of 2D/3D programming with GX2 as it is mostly 2D.

PS:
Until now no one has contancted me about doing some images for the GUI though. No one with time and some skills in photoshop around here? :) I could use the Wii icons as a starter but those won't look good on high res of WiiU probably.

I have photo shop and spare time. But I can't say I'm any good with it but I'm whiling to participate?

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to set the loadiine web page to load by default as I have to select mine from bookmarks each time?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
load the page where you have the kernel and loadiine links (not loadiine link directly).
exit and reboot the console while you are on this page.
next time you run the browser it should open on that page automatically.

When you will load kernel or loadiine, it will not remember the payload page but keep the "main" page with the links to both kernel and loadiine.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have photo shop and spare time. But I can't say I'm any good with it but I'm whiling to participate?
Sure. If you could create like a background image in 1080p or some button icons for a start that would be great. If the background should be some colors fading into each other, then I would only need the color numbers and the rest can be done by the engine (saves some memory).

Reactions: jammybudga777

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to make screenshot of the Wiiu interface?
the system menu, the settings?
usbgecko could do it on wii, but tcp gecko can't do that yet.

Getting a base and size for the layout would be nice.

here some mockup before console launch.
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/05/wii-u-menu-and-user-interface-mockups/

I like the pikmin3 TV mockup.
gradiant background is easy to do, with just some overlay pictures.
gamepad could have game icons (easy to re-use usbgx banner layout for the grid base)
users always asked to re-order the games, so maybe we should think how to move/swap them manually instead of alphabetic sorting. that won't be an issue as SD card won't hold 200 games.

a very easy flow design.

that's just ideas for a starting point.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to change the subject. did anybody get round to checking out super mario galaxy 2 the eshop version? and how it uses the gamepad and how it boots while in wii u mode exc exc??

mjw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the advice goldenfly and AlBa (from Friday), now working a LOT more frequently, seems working from a fresh restart works wonders, much appreciated.

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
For EU people having problems with the US version of Wii Party U try this:

Rename folder in Content/Common/mess/US_English to EU_English
Rename folder in Content/Common/Movie/US to EU
Replace all the files with US in the filename in the Content/Sound/Common folder to EU

I think that's about it (I got in game anyway after renaming those files) :)

Sorry, i have some questions.
Where i must replace all the files with US in the filename in the Content/Sound/Common folder - to the Content/Sound/EU ?
I tried to replace them to this folder - not working, then i tried to rename them to EU.
But in every step i have an error SD 150-3034.
What am i doing wrong?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, i have some questions.
Where i must replace all the files with US in the filename in the Content/Sound/Common folder - to the Content/Sound/EU ?
I tried to replace them to this folder - not working, then i tried to rename them to EU.
But in every step i have an error SD 150-3034.
What am i doing wrong?

Sorry. When I say replace I mean replace the letters "US with the letters "EU" (eg. "name of file_US" to "name of file_EU")

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry. When I say replace I mean replace the letters "US with the letters "EU" (eg. "name of file_US" to "name of file_EU")

As i say, i tried many ways...
One of the ways was rename us to eu in this folder, but i have same error - SD 150-3034.
Maybe its a problem with us xml?

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This homebrew is so awesome, this will be much better with an option to load games from usb, and if we can't with the kernel exploit, will it be possible with iosu exploit?

Reactions: julio.apc16

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As i say, i tried many ways...
One of the ways was rename us to eu in this folder, but i have same error - SD 150-3034.
Maybe its a problem with us xml?

I don't know if you have or not but you don't have to rename "NEXPY_SOUND_USMap" to EU since there's already a EU file of that name in the folder.
I just tested it again from scratch and it works fine for me. You can try loading loadiine with the server enabled to see what file you're stuck on?

Can you try the Space Zappers mini-game? Is it works?
Yeah, crashes for me too. Tried messing around to see if I can get it to load but no success :(

walterwhite

Trophies
XP
Country
Great site lads. I have read a lot of info and have came to the conclusion that I don't need ssb for Loadiine now and can just use Mii maker mode. I have bought everything needed for my daughters christmas. A stand alone wiiu that had a firmware starting with 4.... and splatoon to upgrade to 5.3.2 . I was thinking it would be best to trade in or sell smb as Mii maker and Splatoon will be enough. Would this be a wise move.

panther666

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't know if you have or not but you don't have to rename "NEXPY_SOUND_USMap" to EU since there's already a EU file of that name in the folder.
I just tested it again from scratch and it works fine for me. You can try loading loadiine with the server enabled to see what file you're stuck on?

I try to make it again step by step, but nothing helps me, something strange...
1. Download scene release and extract files (all folders) from .wud with VGMToolBox.
Rename folder in Content/Common/mess/US_English to EU_English
Rename folder in Content/Common/Movie/US to EU
Rename all the files with US in the filename in the Content/Sound/Common folder to EU
(only, not renamed "NEXPY_SOUND_USMap" to EU, i have 2 files in the folder:
NEXPY_SOUND_EUMap - original, and NEXPY_SOUND_USMap - original)
3. Copy to SD, launch MiiMaker, launch the game, see white screen and then SD 150-3034 error.

How can i load loadiine with the server enabled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-