Hacking Downgrade 3ds (Software)

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone working on this? I thought I was in emuNAND and upgraded to 8.1, but it turns out that I was not in emuNAND and now my 3DS is no longer compatible with Gateway.

I have a NAND backup that I made a long time ago, but I don't want to go through the entire hardware mod with the soldering and all, does anyone know if a software method for downgrading is being worked on for people that have backed up their NAND using Gateway?

Thanks in advance

loco365

Trophies
XP
No, you must do a solder and reflash the NAND manually. 8.1 currently has only one flaw in it (That ssspwn uses) and no others. The scope of ssspwn also will not allow NAND writing, either.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Yep, your only hope is to get the mod done. There are a few people floating around the forums who can do the mod for you, should you wish to do it. Will be cheaper than buying another 3ds on 4.5.

micric100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awww man, that's too bad. I've soldered before, but I'm not that confident in my skills.

Also, Team Fail, you said "8.1 currently has only one flaw in it (That ssspwn uses) and no others. The scope of ssspwn also will not allow NAND writing". I'm not sure what this means, does this mean that even the hardware mod wont work for me because I'm on 8.1?

matt123337

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awww man, that's too bad. I've soldered before, but I'm not that confident in my skills. Anyone in the montreal area that would be willing to help me out?

Also, Team Fail, you said "8.1 currently has only one flaw in it (That ssspwn uses) and no others. The scope of ssspwn also will not allow NAND writing". I'm not sure what this means, does this mean that even the hardware mod wont work for me because I'm on 8.1?
No, only software writing won't work. Ssspwn is a usermode exploit, so you can't access certain parts of the 3ds (like the registers to read from'/write to NAND)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
awww man, that's too bad. I've soldered before, but I'm not that confident in my skills. Anyone in the montreal area that would be willing to help me out?

No, it means that a software exploit for 8.1 exists, but it won't allow nand flashing (and it isn't even released yet). You can always downgrade using hardware mod, from any firmware.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, it means that a software exploit for 8.1 exists, but it won't allow nand flashing (and it isn't even released yet). You can always downgrade using hardware mod, from any firmware.
as long as you have your nand backup of the firmware you want to downgrade to.

(just to save anyone asking how can they downgrade their console without it XD)

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
On the bright side, the mod is easy to do compared with most console mods, especially if you have an XL. Also, it's possible to make a solderless connector with pogo pins and a piece of PCB laminate or something like that. I'm sure I saw some pics of it in the XL nand dump thread, if you need some hints on how to do it. Then you don't have to worry about soldering in the 3DS at all. Just do a few dumps of the nand before writing your backup, and compare the new dumps so they're the same, just to verify you got a good connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...