Hardware Don't use cheap microSD cards. Buy a decent name brand one.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which one is better out of Transcend and Integral? They're the cheapest brand name ones in the UK

I recently ordered some kingston 128gb cards from amazon uk because they were the cheapest brand I could find from a seller that I can sorta trust.

I doubt there is much difference in the cards at that price, they are probably from the same factories.

D

Deleted User

Slightly off-topic, there are online scams selling very high capacity micro SD cards at very cheap prices. They are actually shitty low-capacity micro SD cards which have been reconfigured to make your computer tell you they're 512GB or 1TB.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Slightly off-topic, there are online scams selling very high capacity micro SD cards at very cheap prices. They are actually shitty low-capacity micro SD cards which have been reconfigured to make your computer tell you they're 512GB or 1TB.

Sandisk themselves stated 1/3 of all micros on market are fake. So many people scammed trying to save a buck.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I bought a SanDisk 64GB SSD for my laptop off Amazon, was meant to be a genuine SanDisk part, thing totally died in 1 month, and no partitioning or formatting tools could revive it.

Bought a 32GB SanDisk microsd for my phone, and that actually got so hot that the part where you pull it from (the raised edge) had a black mark in the center, and then one day it heated up so much it blew a piece of the black epoxy right off then stopped working.

Lots of genuine shit is actually most likely fake when it comes to SanDisk, turns out, and there are quite a few stories about this kind of thing happening.

D

Deleted User

Well, I bought a SanDisk 64GB SSD for my laptop off Amazon, was meant to be a genuine SanDisk part, thing totally died in 1 month, and no partitioning or formatting tools could revive it.

Bought a 32GB SanDisk microsd for my phone, and that actually got so hot that the part where you pull it from (the raised edge) had a black mark in the center, and then one day it heated up so much it blew a piece of the black epoxy right off then stopped working.

Lots of genuine shit is actually most likely fake when it comes to SanDisk, turns out, and there are quite a few stories about this kind of thing happening.

Defective and fake are 2 diff things

Shipped and sold by amazon has been 100% for me

From Walmart have had 1 doa sandisk

From newegg my 200gb lasted me 2-3 years using the shit out of it for wiiu mod game fills

All electronics can go out at anytime

510jungleboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What brand and have you confirmed it working? Just saw lexar and horrible reviews.

Samsung 512gb $99 on amazon - Sold and shipped by amazon confirmed working - Just filled a 512gb tonight - Also $99 on Samsung's website

So far bought roughly 50 samsung 256gb and 50 sandisk all sold and shipped by amazon and all working

All the major brand are reliable as long as it's the LEGIT version. I have used mostly Sandisk and Lexar all my entire microSD life.. lol

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

HI, i buy this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6LZY1V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07R6LZY1V this week. And i having the exact same problem, at the first it works well but then its start to corrupt data, try everything but nothing work. allready ordered a sandisk sd

Send it back and get

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-256GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B0758NHWS8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=101IJJS4LOFXQ&keywords=sandisk+256gb+micro+sd+card&qid=1557657035&s=gateway&sprefix=sandisk+256,aps,182&sr=8-3

Always make sure sold by and shipped by amazon

Mexilon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samsung & Kingston ones have worked the best for me personally. I've had one CF and one SD card by SanDisk wipe themselves for seemingly no good reason.
To be fair, I haven't seen a legitimate usage for CF cards within the last 20 years. Perhaps Samsung used to be worse at producing flash memory? I may have had a microsd card from them or two that died, but largely I've had good results.

HI, i buy this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6LZY1V/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07R6LZY1V this week. And i having the exact same problem, at the first it works well but then its start to corrupt data, try everything but nothing work. allready ordered a sandisk sd
Again, why are people going out of their way to save a few dollars to get shitty, off-brand cards? These are not new companies. These are shady companies buying low quality memory from bigger companies and selling it as their own. Usually they're not even the stated capacity and just make the cards report that they are.

Last edited by TPMJB,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been using cheap, no name microSD cards I got from Amazon and kept getting data corruption problems (It would work fine and then all of a sudden it wouldn't anymore). I tried multiple microSDs (all cheap ones), tried exFAT, FAT32, tried reformatting, chkdsk, etc.

I finally splurged and bought a name brand card and since then, it's been fine (card was formatted exFAT and I didn't bother reformatting).

I have no way of confirming if that was the problem or not but it solved my constant problems.
It's easy enough to confirm using h2testw: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html
Not like it's needed. I've never seen a cheap noname brand SD that wasn't fake.
Even name brand cards can be fake, if bought from a 3rd party seller on Amazon, or from eBay or a Chinese seller. But usually these will be obvious as the capacity will be something ridiculous like 1TB (those don't exist) or the price is too good to be true.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone