Corrupted data detected on microSD card at launch?

AsrielGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello!
I recently have updated all the mods I had on my Switch, from CFW to sigpatches, which is now running on the latest Atmosphere release and downloaded firmware 15.0.1 on it through Daybreak. I previously used a 64 GB exFAT microSD on it, but have recently acquired a 128 GB microSD which I formatted to FAT32 with 32k cluster using guiformat as I've seen many users recommend it over exFAT. I made sure every file from the previous card got transferred over properly to the new card, didn't run through any issues during the process.
After I inserted the new card in the Switch everything ran smoothly, until I get past the lock screen. After doing so I get a pop up saying that corrupted data has been detected on the card and it prompts me to delete all the data on it. I'd like to mention this happens after a few seconds without attempting to open any game, but I'm able to bypass this by pressing the home button. When I go to the data management settings the Switch acts like no microSD has been inserted. I never encountered this issue with my old SD card.
I have tried to research it but unfortunately couldn't find this issue anywhere else besides this reddit post that describes my same issue (www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/uu8z59/cfw_says_corrupted_data_detected_on_micro_sd_at/ ).
Any help would be much appreciated.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Have you tested the card with a program like H2Testw?
Maybe you had the misfortune to get a fake SD card.
They are so well forged that you can't see the difference between a genuine and fake card.

AsrielGaming

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Have you tested the card with a program like H2Testw?
Maybe you had the misfortune to get a fake SD card.
They are so well forged that you can't see the difference between a genuine and fake card.
Hello,
I tried H2Testw. I formatted the SD card prior running the test multiple times just to make sure since it wouldn't let me verify all of it otherwise, however I got an error offset 0x27f00000 pop up 30 minutes in. I suppose the card was just faulty after all. Thanks for the answer either way, it was really helpful.
Small edit: after the test I decided to verify the data it was able to write anyway and I got a bunch of pretty bad errors, so that sadly confirms my suspicion. Guess I will just have to get a new card.

Last edited by AsrielGaming,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal... +1