Gaming Donkey Kong Country Returns

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand changing it to the B button, but having a better jetpack totally changes the game. Cheater!
tongue.gif

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Am I the only one who really hates the jet pack? It has the awful tendency to ruin a jump off of an enemy during time attacks if the timing is off by a few milliseconds... (kills your forward momentum, so if you hit 'A' too early, when trying to get a high bounce off of an enemy, you definitely score some height, but you slow down way too much...).

Arfiol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dbproject.hostoi.com
XP
Country
I was thinking of getting this for Christmas. I'm a fan of the series, and I'm naturally hyped about playing it, but my only wonder is about the difficulty. Like many reincarnations of older franchises, it looks to me like they really switched down the difficulty. How much?

Ikkutebayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not so much, really. They added two hits per character, so it's a bit more difficult to die from actual hits, but your main cause of death will be falling. It's hard for me, a fan of the Country series, so it should be much much harder for a first-timer. Of course, it's that kind of "hardness" that keeps you playing again and again without feeling frustrated at all.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, do not worry - this game is plenty hard enough. Almost too hard, I'd argue. I've had to retry so many times to get through the K levels.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I though DKCR was running perfectly for me, then I ran into this odd problem. After I beat world 1-2 (Roughly 20 minutes into gameplay, I watched the intro video.) after I finished world 1-2, I was stuck on a looping "Jungle" Loading Screen. I converted the .ISO image into a .WBFS image and used IOS222-m load to load the game. Does the game go under the same principle as Super Smash Bros Brawl and only works if you use the .ISO format!?

I am using Configurable USB Loader v62 with IOS222 because if I use 249 the loader and games crash on me.

Any ideas?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I got this game for xmas and although it is one of the best wii games I have played on a very long time, I feel that a couple of things need a lot more work, namely the jumping is way to 'floaty' for my taste. The you jump, it more like you are being dragged into the air, rather than jumping. and worst of all, the shaking of the controller to do stuff, that is just plain wrong. The snes version worked perfectly well using a BUTTON to roll and stomp. Using button 1 for all of the extra functions would have worked perfectly, just as the Y button worked on the snes. Other than that though, I am very pleased with the game.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is a challanging game i give it that
i like when sth is easy if i'm not rly a fan of the game, but the developers were right with it actually: it's not frustrating

my only problem with it is that it doesn't react for a 2nd player, no matter what, it uses only one mote, this is with both gecko/neo and from the channel itself

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controls are a bit sloppy, but im ok with them.
So am i reading correctly that there is no way to use the classic controller, or remap the buttons?

Also is there any way to play one player WITHOUT having diddys stupid little jetpack? it messes me up so bad sometimes.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
The controls are a bit sloppy, but im ok with them.
So am i reading correctly that there is no way to use the classic controller, or remap the buttons?

Also is there any way to play one player WITHOUT having diddys stupid little jetpack? it messes me up so bad sometimes.

why so? i never had a problem with him...
but you could always get rid of him getting 2 hits and there you go

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It tends to cancel my hi bounce off of an enemy. Instead i have to train myself to let up and then hold down 1. its just a pain. And having only 2 hits... makes the game harder. Oh well.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest beef with the game is playing 2 players on mine cart levels or rocket barrel levels and losing two lives upon dying.

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
DKCR is a fun way to waste time every now and then. I suspect I'm getting old, I can only play half hour stints anymore. Then I get bored, no matter which game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)