Homebrew Dolphin Custom Music

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I was just wondering how to replace the music in dolphin for a game, specifically Mario Kart Wii. I have the BRSTM on-hand ready, but I can't find a way to "patch" it onto the game. I'm running Dolphin 5.0 on macOS.

Samikaze

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been trying to do this but I think it's impossible to get custom BRSTMs in Dolphin. I mean that I was unable to change the files from my Mario Kart Wii ISO which I use for Dolphin cause I coudn't open it with Daemon Tools Lite or Winrar like every other ISOs. Then, I even tried to create a new ISO for Mario Kart Wii with the custom files but Dolphin couldn't run it. :/

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to do this but I think it's impossible to get custom BRSTMs in Dolphin. I mean that I was unable to change the files from my Mario Kart Wii ISO which I use for Dolphin cause I coudn't open it with Daemon Tools Lite or Winrar like every other ISOs. Then, I even tried to create a new ISO for Mario Kart Wii with the custom files but Dolphin couldn't run it. :/

Nintendo discs aren't actually ISO9660. You need a tool that can extract/rebuild disc images specifically for those consoles like Wiimm's ISO Tools.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, mega-bump?
I'm not sure. I haven't been into Dolphin for some time, but perhaps you could unpack the ISO (with Wiimm's tools), replace the file, and rebuild? Perhaps you have to fix a hash in the header to get Dolphin/a Wii to read it.

Samikaze

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I finally found a way to replace the files in the ISO and rebuild it after (as you were saying) thanks to this video :. I've done it and it works perfectly :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1