Dolphin 5.0 Officially Released

Dolphin Emulator, the most popular (and pretty much only good) GC and Wii emulator has reached their latest milestone, 5.0! It's been ~3 years since the release of 4.0, and during that time there have been thousands and thousands of fixes for games of all kinds. Dolphin 5.0 re-adds support for stereoscopic output, official zFreeze support, official ES_Launch support (so you can play those lovely, lovely masterpieces on Super Smash Bros Brawl!), improved Netplay and more!

With this new release, the requirements have changed:
  • 64-bit CPUs and Operating Systems are required.
  • Windows XP is no longer supported. Windows Vista is no longer officially supported.
  • Direct3D10/OpenGL3 Required. This means AMD Radeon 4xxx, NVIDIA GeForce 8xxx, or Intel HD 2xxx minimum! Anything older than that will most likely not work or will have significant glitches
You can check out the full-ish "changelog" here, and as always you can grab the emulator itself at Dolphin Emu's official website.

:arrow: Source

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Did it break or something? I mean, is understandable if things happen, but if you still have your console, is likely to keep those controller equipment as well.

I'm gonna mess around with the android port on my Nvidia sheild, see if there anything worth mentioning. :unsure:
I was living with my fave room mate shaunj66 at the time and he kept the Wii when I moved out.
After that, I got a 360, then a few years later a PS3, and then I'm now a PC gamer.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be worse. It could be Andyroid> Dolphin> Nintendont> mGBA> FCEUx
Or:

Mac OS X > Linux in vmware > Windows in virtualbox > Android > emu.PSP > GpSP Kai > GoombaColor

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is amazing. I didn't know they were working on it anymore

Oh they've been working their butts off behind the scenes for sure, doing what many might consider impossible; the biggest thing that amazes me is the fact they have matched, no, surpassed audio emulation with HLE alone, thus nullifying the need for LLE audio emulation altogether. I'll never know how they did that :wacko::blink:

Reactions: Deleted User

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your system specs? It could be any number of factors, sometimes the games have to "build cache" over time in order to run faster, it's a weird phenomenon.
Socket fm2+ plus fatality motherboard
Amd Athlon x4 860k 3.7 ghz
16 gb ddr3
Xfx r7 250x 2gb
Maybe my harddrive is going it sounds like a dot matrix printer lol

Last edited by lexluth0r,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Socket fm2+ plus fatality motherboard
Amd Athlon x4 860k 3.7 ghz
16 gb ddr3
Xfx r7 250x 2gb
Maybe my harddrive is going it sounds like a dot matrix printer lol

That...that's definitely not a good sign, if you have another HDD, back up what you care about immediately, clicking/grinding is signs of imminent failure. But as far as Dolphin, check settings and be sure they are default, if need
be, see what the Dolphin wiki entry says for it.

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup settings are default and it ran a lot better on the older version when I get free time I'll check out the older version see if I get the same slow down. Yea it's time to upgrade the hdd it was the only part from my old pc that I recycled

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup settings are default and it ran a lot better on the older version when I get free time I'll check out the older version see if I get the same slow down. Yea it's time to upgrade the hdd it was the only part from my old pc that I recycled

There shouldn't be any real reason for it being slower, as the amount of performance has increased tremendously as stated in their recent wiki article on the main page. Could be a corrupt ISO image, but as far as a game running worse, it makes no sense...that being said, you can try a nightly build as it's possible there is a regression for a few games.

lexluth0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There shouldn't be any real reason for it being slower, as the amount of performance has increased tremendously as stated in their recent wiki article on the main page. Could be a corrupt ISO image, but as far as a game running worse, it makes no sense...that being said, you can try a nightly build as it's possible there is a regression for a few games.
It may be the harddrive all games have slowdown even steam games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4