Hacking Does your DS have any defects?

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ds Phat 1 dead pixel in the middle of the top screen.
frown.gif

"Seems like almost everyone has dead pixels :S how do you get them? Dropping the ds on the ground?"

The systems just come with it.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My DS lite has had three hinge breaks(in which it breaks completely off, only on the right side though.)
Due to me being bad at Glueing it the R button is stuck, The D-Pad is beginning to wear down or something, less responsive now anyways. the bottom screen is covered with marks from Ouendan.
There is a thick but small scratch on the bottom screen from probably a grain of sand on my palkia stylus. And that's about it, I got it shortly after lauch day and other than those it works great.

Edit:also because of the Super glue I cannot fully remove the housing until I remove all the Glue.(A form of super glue By the way.)

yozyoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
After a year and a half, it's still in near brand new condition, if you don't count the touchscreen. (It has quite a few scratches.)

Same situation here
smile.gif
. Though my touchscreen has a few scratches here and there, they're really small and I barely even notice them.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My update on list:

Touch screen is compeletly f****d - no any touch detection whats so ever, and top screen sometimes turns into sky blue, you can see the image but it is as if blue color is applied on it.

My DS is getting quite F'd up, i may need to just get new one, but i don't have ANY money for THAT, so...

Oh, and also L button stops responding sometimes, blowjob seems to fix it every time tough...

Lametta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I have a pixel stuck on light blue color, besides that after 8 months of like it looks brand new. No scratches at all and perfect touch screen (I put a Hori since the beginning)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The outside of my ds has some small scuffs and scratches on it. Screens are fine , no marks or dead pixels. Launch ds , so not too bad for something that's going to be 4 years old in a couple months.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My one is perfectly fine and looks brand new, it's 1 and a half years old now.

but there is one single dot pixel that's dead, you won't notice it really though, unless you really look close into the screen

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
DS lid doesnt securely close, and top left rubber thingy fallen off due to outside plastic shell crack on the side, plastic shell cracks on the sides, and dirt in the plastic bits around the edges. Though I got it when it first came out.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My stylus slot doesn't hold the stylus, so if I tilt my DS with the stylus slot facing down the stylus falls out. And my hinge is a little loose (when I shake it it moves 2mm) compared to others.

You think I could send it back to Nintendo? I've got 2 weeks warranty left.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I still have my original Nintendo DS, metallic silver. After the first 10 minutes it developed a dead pixel but didn't care too much for it. I was annoyed that after 3 months of buying my DS the DS lite was released and that I could've sent my DS in with its dead pixel within the 12 month warranty period and got possibly a refurbished DS lite. My loss
dry.gif
. Apart from the one dead pixel this nearly 3 year beast is working fine a few minor scratches on the screen and the outside is flawless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny