Hacking Does the new PS4 Webkit exploit work on 5.50?

RebelJake17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm sure all of you have heard of this webkit exploit that currently is confirmed to work on 5.05 i was wondering if anyone got it to work on 5.50 of course I won't be updating but I'm just wondering if it's working on 5.50.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few confirmed reports of it working on 5.50 via celesteblue and (I think) mathieulh.

EDIT:

Last edited by KiiWii,
D

Deleted User

Thankfully i stayed on 5.05 just incase but if it works on 5.50,thats great news.

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn. So any idea what happened wih qwertyuiopz updating to 5.50? He never updated his tweets about it :/

There is a reason he went silent....5.50 was great in beta--everyone though sony missed patching the exploits and then it went from beta 3 to prod and in that transition, they patched everything.

I'm sure there is still exploits out there but nothing widely shared.

Last edited by rednekcowboy,
Reactions: peteruk and KiiWii

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a reason he went silent....5.50 was great in beta--everyone though sony missed patching the exploits and then it went from beta 3 to prod and in that transition, they patched everything.

I'm sure there is still exploits out there but nothing widely shared.

I don't understand, do you mean that in a good way or bad? because the rumor floating around was that if it was patched he would release it, it is not as if he only owns one ps4, or all his previous work halted due to the things being patched in the new update.

Reactions: peteruk

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand, do you mean that in a good way or bad? because the rumor floating around was that if it was patched he would release it, it is not as if he only owns one ps4, or all his previous work halted due to the things being patched in the new update.

I really don't know what he was working on but if it was 5.50, it got patched so there would be no sense in releasing it as it would be useless....

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
seconding this, i also thought if the kexploit was patched on 5.50 then they would release the 5.01-5.05 kexploit.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all I have to say is silence speaks volumes.....

I don't know, He's already publicly stated he has a 5.05 kernel exploit, if he didn't have anything to release, seems like it would be a whole lot easier to just tell everyone there isn't anything to wait for than to be flooded relentlessly with the same question of "when?" but maybe I'm just needlessly staying optimistic?

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know, He's already publicly stated he has a 5.05 kernel exploit, if he didn't have anything to release, seems like it would be a whole lot easier to just tell everyone there isn't anything to wait for than to be flooded relentlessly with the same question of "when?" but maybe I'm just needlessly staying optimistic?

Who's flooding him?? Do you have his personal email?

If he has something useful, I'm sure it will be shared eventually. All I'm saying is anything 5.50 has now been patched. I don't even think you can get a 5.50 beta 3 fw to stay away from the patched firmware.

I'm equally certain that there will be a 5.01-5.05 release at some point. when is anyone's guess...but from the look of things I wouldn't hold your breath.

We can all speculate for weeks on end--at the conclusion we all just have to hold on and wait...no amount of speculation or discussion will change that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1