Apple Does iTunes backup game data?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it set up to sync with iCloud and does that every day or whatever, but I just synced apps with iTunes.

If I restore the iPod and resync the apps I want will the data be saved? Like game data/preferences/etc?

I want this because the iPod is on 6.1.3 and I am going to do a tethered jailbreak, but if it's too bad then I'll have to restore. I've never done tethered before so I'm not sure if it will be worth it or not.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK no. Only games that save to cloud can be restored. (such as Dead Trigger, Eternity Warriors 2, etc..)

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Syncing with iTunes creates a backup that contains all of your App Store apps' data, including your games. You can verify that you have a backup by going to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (Windows), then clicking on the "Devices" tab.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syncing with iTunes creates a backup that contains all of your App Store apps' data, including your games. You can verify that you have a backup by going to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (Windows), then clicking on the "Devices" tab.
Hmm, I synced with iTunes, deleted an app (that had progress on it) to test it, then added the app again from iTunes and it was reset?
The game was Plants VS Zombies

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to restore the backup in order to get your data back. (What you did was essentially a clean reinstallation of Plants vs. Zombies.)

To restore your backup in iTunes 11, go to your device's page, and click the "Restore Backup…" button. On iTunes 10.7 and lower, right-click on your device in the sidebar and select "Restore from Backup…"

4SaleUSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it set up to sync with iCloud and does that every day or whatever, but I just synced apps with iTunes.

If I restore the iPod and resync the apps I want will the data be saved? Like game data/preferences/etc?

I want this because the iPod is on 6.1.3 and I am going to do a tethered jailbreak, but if it's too bad then I'll have to restore. I've never done tethered before so I'm not sure if it will be worth it or not.

Yes...You can use iCloud or iTunes to back up the content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. When you have a backup, you can restore this content to your device anytime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1