Hacking Does hacking a WiiU affect playing games from a disc?

Sdg124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about trying the emulators through retroarch in WiiU mode. Does going through the latest tools for hacking WiiU have any impact on playing WiiU games from their discs? Any impact on vWii hacking? Also, what is the latest/preferred method method for getting homebrew launcher to install?
Thanks in advance!

Sdg124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after installing haxchi, if I plug in my existing usb drive for running USB loadergx in vWii, would that still work ok? I see some haxchi install tutorials that say the USB drive should be disconnected when installing haxchi.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after installing haxchi, if I plug in my existing usb drive for running USB loadergx in vWii, would that still work ok? I see some haxchi install tutorials that say the USB drive should be disconnected when installing haxchi.
It should only be disconnected during install because if you accidentally install your HaxChi to USB you're fine unless you install CBHC. If you have HaxChi installed to USB and you install CBHC then you brick. That's why I have the step in my guide tell you to unplug usb (During install only)

Sdg124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. So after I do browser hack and haxchi (so I can get a homebrew launcher channel without internet), I can then disconnect my internet, and plug the USB back in for vWii usbloader gx... right?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks again. So after I do browser hack and haxchi (so I can get a homebrew launcher channel without internet), I can then disconnect my internet, and plug the USB back in for vWii usbloader gx... right?
Yes, also you would like look into ustealth to hide you vWii hdd from Wii U menu.

Sdg124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks again for everything everyone. One last question.... when I launch the emulator apps, they appear with a hard to read white screen menu, as opposed to the grey/green menu I see in the videos. Am I doing something incorrect?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
thanks again for everything everyone. One last question.... when I launch the emulator apps, they appear with a hard to read white screen menu, as opposed to the grey/green menu I see in the videos. Am I doing something incorrect?
You mean Retroarch? There's a thread about it on Homebrew subforum, just ask away there, also it contains all the info you could need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A