Hacking Does BootMii Fail?

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was no usb devices lol i did have a gamecube controller plugged in took out the gc memory card and would it really matter if there was a disc in the drive? im trying 2 more sd cards just to see what happens is the hbc beta 8 compatible with elfs? (i never really did update my hbc lol) k edit- they both dont work so thats three sd cards that i tried lol all NOT SDHC cards i guess i give up on bootmii for now lol wait for a newer version that hopefully won't black screen on me. P.S: I envy everyone enjoying the sex that is bootmii lol

ph15h

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
"Waaaaaaaaah I jumped on the Wii bandwagon 2 years after everyone else after Nintendo fixed some exploits and now TT didn't cater to my every need with their first public beta release waaaaah. What? They said they'd work on the ios Bootmii more after they sort other things out? I DON'T CARE I WAN'T FULL FUNCTIONALITY ON MY NEW WII RIGHT NOW!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAHHH TT SUCKS AND FAILZ AT LIFE!"
hate2.gif

Somebody call the waaaaahmbulance.

I'm sorry but it seems the waaaaahmbulance doesn't service Nicaragua.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshed said:
Are you fucking stupid? BootMii is the holy grail of homebrew. First custom os non-reliant on the IOS', for any system, EVER.

I agree about it being dope but everyone seems to be forgetting KallistiOS for the Dreamcast. That would be the first.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
ok still a no go with the formatted sd card i have no clue why its doing this? maybe cause i have cioscorp, maybe cause im on 4.0 lol i really don't see why the installer won't even start ive found it happen to other people (using google obv. xD) but still can't fit a fix for it
Did you rename the "installer_beta1.elf" ?

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People with the boot1 fix will have to have preloader and bootmii if its posible and install bootmii as ios and load it with preloader.That way they will have a way to get to bootmii if they get a banner brick and maybe nand restore could also work. Just an Idea

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep not THAT big of a noob lol i renamed it to boot.elf i really think bootmii's "safety checks" is whats making it not load though my wii has a vulnerable boot1 and all my ios's are downgraded and trucha'd and DIP'd except ios60 and 61

knowthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
ok still a no go with the formatted sd card i have no clue why its doing this? maybe cause i have cioscorp, maybe cause im on 4.0 lol i really don't see why the installer won't even start ive found it happen to other people (using google obv. xD) but still can't fit a fix for it

I couldn't get the installer to start either when I loaded it from the homebrew channel, it just went to a black screen. But I tried it again via the bannerbomb exploit and it worked right off. If you haven't already tried doing that, it might be worth a shot.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe thats it? i'll try bannerbomb maybe if the bootmii installer detects your on 4.0 it wants you to use bannerbomb lol who knows xD i'll give er a try at least

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
netware said:
xanax enduced rage...
smileipb2.png

I see what you did there.

Luckily for me and not some suckers (like OP) I bought my Wii in September of '07 I believe.

GWAHAHAHA I can install uber method!

And for those who cant.You have got to realize that this, right after the Twilight hack/Bannerbomb hacks, is one of the single greatest steps in the Wii homebrew scene. The Bootmii platform basically allows developers to utilize ALL of the Wii's processing power.

Oh yeah things are looking good for Wii homebrew (::cough:: Wii64/WiiSX ::cough:
smile.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Innovative1 said:
joshed said:
Are you fucking stupid? BootMii is the holy grail of homebrew. First custom os non-reliant on the IOS', for any system, EVER.

I agree about it being dope but everyone seems to be forgetting KallistiOS for the Dreamcast. That would be the first.

ran off of WindowsCE

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woot got it working with bannerbomb lol so people if you black screen using the hbc to install try bannerbomb got it all working now except the bootmii installer has been sitting on mounting sd card for quite awhile now lol is that normal (it said it needed an sd card etc etc and i had one in already so i just went to ok and now its just sitting there the past 5 mins or so)

knowthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
woot got it working with bannerbomb lol so people if you black screen using the hbc to install try bannerbomb got it all working now except the bootmii installer has been sitting on mounting sd card for quite awhile now lol is that normal (it said it needed an sd card etc etc and i had one in already so i just went to ok and now its just sitting there the past 5 mins or so)

You may need to try a different SD card or copy everything off your card and reformat it. Mine worked good with a 1GB Viking brand card.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using a freshly formatted sd card with only the private folder and boot.elf in the root lol so i dunno it keeps freezing at random parts before i went to continue and it didnt show me any options and it froze. yep keeps freezing at mounting sd card

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
Innovative1 said:
joshed said:

ran off of WindowsCE

Schooled.

I always liked the dreamcast. I may have to look into homebrew for it. I have one sitting up in my closet. For now... I Shall install bootmii.

Anyone know how easy it will be to update bootmii? Are there life threatening risks(jk) to installing it under boot2?
I hope not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1