Misc Does anyone know how to make support for WPA/PSK 2 in DS games?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think Windows nowadays even supports creating WEP hotspots anymore, it may still be possible to create open hotspots but Connectify only does WPA2. Linux works though, or so I've heard.
Yep, since 7 came with its hostednetwork hotspot feature, probably literally every 3rd party software became a frontend to that
(before that there still was no native hotspot option, only ad-hoc... which in fact they apparently removed in 8)

Ironically the best written memory of the old days I know of is... the guide to hacked drivers for the WFC dongle (gamefaqs > DS > console > walkthroughs)

Reactions: Deleted-236924

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ran into "this" issue a while back.
If you have a raspberry pie 3B (or any one with wifi) laying around, there is a repository you can install on raspbian, which adds pre determined wifi hosting settings with a nice browser based interface.

Next you'll need to look up wep on raspberry and you'll find a post detailing which settings you'll need to change in the config file to make it wep (the repository only offers newer, safer standards).

I have too look up a password when I get home, but I think I can manage to make an installable clone of my setup for use with DS's.

Edit.
Here's the edit you need to make:

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/94005/wep-wifi-hotspot

And here's the repository with the nice ap software:

https://github.com/billz/raspap-webgui

Last edited by DCG, , Reason: added stuff, for if I forget, or people want to do it themselves
R

Reshiban

Personally I use TripMate Titan for this, it is a NAS wich can emulating rooter etc...

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I have paid license, mac filtering isn't an option, and you are required to set a password.

I don't think Windows nowadays even supports creating WEP hotspots anymore, it may still be possible to create open hotspots but Connectify only does WPA2. Linux works though, or so I've heard.

That's right, Linux can create WEP hotspots without a problem, and for those who don't mind setting up a Bootable USB stick or using Linux already, it's a method I can recommend.
I wrote up a tutorial for how to do this on GNOME desktops a while ago here. The tutorial assumes you already are able to boot into a Linux-based OS in some way or another. https://gbatemp.net/threads/create-an-nds-compatible-hotspot-on-linux.543283/

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.