Gaming DOA - Dimensions age rating

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played any more than the demo at GS, but 8 year olds will generally not understand what's going on in that kind of situation, I think.
He may have a random realization moment in 5 years where he'll either be quiet or laughing hysterically, though.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
girls have boobs in real life and they're more realistic there too. so i think the game will be fine.

^ LOL Best post iv seen in a while

On topic: I think the game isnt really age appropriate for anyone under 13, like the game says. But you could buy it and then not allow your kid to play it and play it yourself.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dude, kids see worse in real life than in DoA.
Yeah, but in real life you don't get underaged girls with giant breasts bouncing around while they show off their underwear. >.<
Nor do you get to collect figurines of them where you can zoom in and take pictures of their private parts. xP

DoA is a great game, def my fave fighting game for the 3DS atm, however it's not really suited for a 8 year old kid, graphically and story wise too, the story isn't that cheerful and all that. =S

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, kids see worse in real life than in DoA.
Yeah, but in real life you don't get underaged girls with giant breasts bouncing around while they show off their underwear. >.<
Nor do you get to collect figurines of them where you can zoom in and take pictures of their private parts. xP

DoA is a great game, def my fave fighting game for the 3DS atm, however it's not really suited for a 8 year old kid, graphically and story wise too, the story isn't that cheerful and all that. =S
Honestly an 8 year old wouldn't even think past it, I don't see any harm and I would gladly give my 8 year old this game, if I had a kid or anyone around 8 years old to give it to if I someone get another copy.

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Your child possibly sees worse at the beach. DoA is fine.
Or his child can see your avatar.
And yeah, i played doa at a friends and i posted a similar topic to this.I got a mixed response and i still bougth the game.
I played it for a while and so did my brother.Yeah the boob jiggling was distracting, but it was as distracting and awkward as if watching a kissing scene in a movie with your child.
So i suggest you buy it anyway , just to give it a try. I remember playing gta san andread at 10 and running people over with my lowrider =)

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
And yeah, i played doa at a friends and i posted a similar topic to this.I got a mixed response and i still bougth the game.
I played it for a while and so did my brother.Yeah the boob jiggling was distracting, but it was as distracting and awkward as if watching a kissing scene in a movie with your brother.
So i suggest you buy it anyway , just to give it a try. I remember playing gta san andread at 10 and running people over with my lowrider =)
Whats wrong with my avatar?

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I played it for a while and so did my brother.Yeah the boob jiggling was distracting, but it was as distracting and awkward as if watching a kissing scene in a movie with your brother.
nothing :yay:

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
nothing :yay:
Lol thanks :grog:

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not helping guys!! LOL.

Let me try, from one dad to another. It really depends on you as a dad. Personally, I would let me eight-year-old son play the game, as there's no blood and the fighting isn't particularly violent -- it's more fantastic in its presentation. There are definitely some very provocative outfits the female characters wear, but I wouldn't go so far as to say there's anything degrading to women. The overall message of the game is fun. The game is obviously geared toward audiences a little older than eight, but there's nothing there I perceive as great concern for parents. If you have Gamefly, rent it, play it a bit yourself, and then decide. Obviously, playing the game yourself is the best way to make an informed decision on the matter.

Reactions: 4 people

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The problem with this game is the fact it have some underage girls in provocative outfits and you can see their panties (when they kick or pojected in air), if it was only 20+ girls it would be ok, is just a istant in air after all.
But there is a diorama mode, I don't have tried it but you can probably move the camera how you want there.......
And if you buy him Street Fighter he will grow up for a legs fetish.........(Chun-Li)

Reactions: 1 person

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so if they typed the age as 20++ is ok? :P

back to topic,
DoA is a game, not real life. But consuming it can have effect on reallife. (it can be direct or indirrect effect or just no effect at all)
the decision is yours as parent to make. Thus its best if you play the game first then judge it from there.
because all of the concern will be also depends on the local culture where you live.

example in my country, whatever the age of the girl. it can be over 90 years or whatever. Using clothes like in DoA is considered improper and should not consumed in any form, whether its magazine, television, etc. Thats the culture in here.

although some magazine like PlayBoy seems got exception from the law but not from public eyes....

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I wouldn't get it for him, but it's your call.

But mature content aside, I would pick up Street Fighter 3D instead. I mean, this IS a boy we're talking about, right?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are worried about the girls clothes in DoA then I wouldn't let your son watch the women's beach volleyball at the Omypic this summer :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: