• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

do you think Trump sealed his own fate?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
over the past few weeks if you haven't been living under a rock Trump has enforced the so called zero tolerance policy allowing border Patrol and the US government to Prosecute illegal's not only that they are taking their children away in the process as a "deterrent" for others to cross now a Post maybe already done news wise on this subject i'm guessing so I'm taking this as opinion based with one simple question....do you think this maybe the final straw for him and maybe heated talks (secret) have begun to impeach him let alone probably charge him with human rights crimes? what do you guys and gals think have they started you think or maybe you view he should be impeached now? leave your comments below

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
punctuation-in-english.png
Jaysus, that was tough to read. Please look at the image in my spoiler.

As for Trump, yes, I'm sure he'll be getting impeached any day for the 50th time, after he starts WW3 for the 100th time.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he's insane, mind you he said "I want the people to stand up and respect me like kim jun un" doesn't that raise a red flag that he's getting too power hungry?, and maybe on the verge of (trying) to claim emergency power as to turn our great nation into totalitarian state?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far everything has managed to slide off him like teflon, he's gotten away with a lot of things that would have sunk other people in his position. Especially in the modern era.

That said, Trump has also enjoyed a Republican majority in the senate and house during the first two years of his presidency. Plenty of Republicans grumble and roll their eyes at Trump publicly. But when it comes time to take a hard stance of either supporting or fighting him, most step into line for the sake of party unity or personal interest.

So it would be interesting to see what would happen if Trump's support in congress were to disappear. We'll know much more about Trump's possible fate this November when the midterm elections are over. I don't trust polls or the news media (left or right) to give an unbiased perspective about actual public opinion. But it should be a decent gauge when we see which party ends up with the majority in the senate and house. If Republicans maintain control, it will probably be business as usual and Trump will probably continue to slide past most if not all of his controversies unscathed. If Democrats gain control however, well we'll see.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thread title said:
Do you think Trump sealed his own fate?
With that thread title, I came here thinking "with what, exactly?". The upcoming trade wars with Canada, the EU and China, the Russian interference, gross diplomatic incompetence, a North Korean treaty without content, the Stormy Daniels affair...just how many fuck-ups do you really need? :P

As for the zero tolerance: he should be impeached, but that won't happen over this. Remember: he got elected by people who wanted a wall between the USA and Mexico. You really think they're going to care that children are being separated from their parents or held in a cage?
...okay, maybe a few do. And if Trump doesn't do anything, it might even lead to his demise. But he isn't THAT dumb. All he has to do is a bit of fearmongering, and he doesn't even needs facts to do that. I mean...the guy already tweeted that the way Germany handled open borders led to massive crimes*, and I'm sure that he'll keep reacting with similar bullshit for as long as is needed to shut everyone up who disagrees.

*in reality, the crime rate in Germany is actually at the lowest point since 1992.

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: invaderyoyo

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Trump has proven that no matter how horrible he is as a person and the president, they ain't gonna touch him. A jellyfish has more backbone than the Republicans in Congress and the Democrats don't have the numbers. It's an unbalanced system that is heavily leaning in his favor. He could double down and the Republicans still won't do anything to stop him.

Reactions: bennyman123abc

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with you Ghost it reeks of a Holocaust repeat except no mass genocide it's sad our government is making a big mistake I agree illegal immigration is an issue but ripping away kids from parents is just inhumane even to deture illegals from crossing doing that still isn't right

Reactions: GhostLatte

wimkaay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I live in Europe and I can understand Trumps argument about Europe. the past 50 years huge groups of migrants moved to Europe (mostly muslims). There is a serious intergration problem, and most immigrants are basically forced to crime to survive. I think we must recognize that also rich western countries cannot take all immigrants. It is financial and social too difficult

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is no final straw. It wasn't long ago that much of Trump's base gladly voted for a confirmed pedophile. I believe there is a self-identified neo-nazi as well as another pedo running as Republicans for the mid-terms right now. The party has sold out on all its morals and principles just to worship the orange calf. I wouldn't be surprised to find out many of them are happy about child internment camps, either. The fact that they're Mexican children means they don't even register as human for too many of these degenerates.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah and Now Trump decided to pull out of the human rights counsel

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-19/trump-is-said-ready-to-pull-u-s-from-un-s-human-rights-council?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=tictoc&cmpid==socialflow-twitter-tictoc&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_medium=social

I have a bad feeling bout this worst case scenario he'll order executions of Mexicans Muslims and Political Rivals/people who don't agree with him
Yeah I saw that. This move pretty much confirms that we've regressed into a Banana Republic as a nation. "If you're coming to America don't expect your human rights to be enforced." We're so far beyond self-satire at this point that nobody would be shocked if Trump enacted the Purge.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the administration moves onto more drastic measures to care ofthe issue, like what the Nazis did.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with separating children from parents when the parents are criminals? Do other people who commit crimes get to take their children to prison with them?
Doesn't matter whether they are criminals are not. These are kids we are talking about, some really young. You have to be heartless to not see what is wrong here. What about if your children were taken away from you? How would you feel then?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A post like this is a powder keg of pointless. Anti-Trumpers will be screaming for impeaching the orange devil, and conservatives with will stand up for anything he does. Trump is not the Devil, nor Hitler, nor is he going to destroy America. He's a cruddy weirdo at best, and an ego maniac regardless. That said, this poor BS bandwagon of "What about the Children?" Please. If you're not on a train to Texas with helping some kids reunite with their parents, then you're just spouting pointless nonsense.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A post like this is a powder keg of pointless. Anti-Trumpers will be screaming for impeaching the orange devil, and conservatives with will stand up for anything he does. Trump is not the Devil, nor Hitler, nor is he going to destroy America. He's a cruddy weirdo at best, and an ego maniac regardless. That said, this poor BS bandwagon of "What about the Children?" Please. If you're not on a train to Texas with helping some kids reunite with their parents, then you're just spouting pointless nonsense.
He's done a pretty good job at destroying the country so far though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work