• Views 10,871
  • Replies 101
  • Likes 5

supernintendo128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I learned Spanish in high school. I wanted to learn Japanese but my mom said "No, it's too hard. Learn Spanish instead." (I was homeschooled)

I didn't retain a lick of Spanish and now I'm self-studying Japanese in my spare time. I can read basic sentences and my vocabulary is limited. I know some kanji.

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took two courses of spanish back in highschool that I barely remember and I'm currently learning japanese through duolingo and through a free class since I plan on moving to japan after working for a couple of years after I get my bachelors and after I take a couple of small trips there to get used to the environment until I plan on moving in either 2026, 2027, or 2028. The year that I move depends on how bad my state in the US gets.

I probably sound like a super weeb with what I just said, but no, I'm not that sort of weeb that the great papa franku used to talk about 3-4 years ago. If you want that sort of person, you should talk to my friends lmao.

Last edited by Exannor,
Reactions: RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Native in English and I know enough Japanese and Spanish to be able to get around and enough Russian to introduce myself(then promtly say good bye and run off since that's all I know)
As for computing languages I know Java best, then HTML, CSS, C++ and Python to an ok level with a small amount of JavaScript

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious.
For me... I can do pretty good with Spanish, English, French, Italian and Portuguese. But mostly the first three.
And I sorta can read Japanese and Russian.

Do you guys know more than ONE language?

Aside from English, I have a tenuous grasp of Spanish mainly because I wanna know when my friends are talking shit about me. Aside from that I've gotten an even smaller understanding of German, TBH I just like the country (not so much the history) been learning it on my free-time for whenever I choose to visit, not to mention it's close enough to English being that they're both Latin based, that it's not a pain in the arse to get into, just a plus.

AlexCaffe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My native language is Belarusian, but my parents and I moved to Canada when I was 9 years old. Now I am 16 and I am still learning English. Strange huh? My conversation is excellent, but I can't write by the rules. But I am trying to learn this language. When I am asked to write something, I always write in English and then look for text rewrite on the Internet, and save myself time in order to get more into your language. Every time I compare my text and the text that was corrected for me, and faster and faster I sort out my mistakes, and less and less I make them

Last edited by AlexCaffe,
Reactions: KokoseiJ

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
kinda necro, but would be a good post to revive.

I'm native korean, since I'm a weeb I can do basic japanese(the fact that korean and japanese are very similar also helped), and as you can see I can do english. some say it's somewhat fluent? but I'm not so sure about that.

so, 3 languages I guess.

Reactions: Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm native Swedish so I obviously speak Swedish. English is something taught from a really young age, so most Swedish people can speak it at least somewhat well.
Being Swedish I can also understand Norwegian (written and spoken) and Danish (written and very slowly spoken).
I learned German in school, but I forgot almost everything - I can understand a little bit if I read a shorter text though... sometimes.

I am currently teaching myself Japanese through various sources online, but I think it's really difficult without some proper structure that classes or a tutor can provide. It's fun, but I am nowhere near the level I want to be. I can understand some written text with the help of dictionaries and can write some easier sentences, again with the help of dictionaries. My vocabulary is quite small still, but I feel good about the grammar :D

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
French and english, for me, living in Montreal. I learned some spanish in college back then, but it's mostly forgotten now. I only remember the most important lines, like "Una cerveza por favor" :grog:

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can speak/read/write in Spanish and English. I can understand Italian, French and Portuguese up to some extent, and do understand some words/phrases in Russian and Japanese. I'm willing to learn (speak/read/write) Russian, Ukrainian (not the same, even though they're similar), Japanese and Turquish.

I never stop trying to learn something new.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priority: English. know some Portuguese. For deaf communication: American Sign language fully, know some Portugal Sign Language and some British Sign language in ABC fingerspelling.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My mother's tongue are Spanish and Galician, which is a regional language spoken in the northwest of Spain. I live very close to the border with Portugal so I more or less understand it. Besides, I have been studying English and French since school. Here in Spain, there are state-funded public language schools where you can learn many languages at reasonable prices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...