Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless you actually get sick by looking into people's personal records, there could still be some undiagnosed dyslexia left. Could just be a typo or malfunctioning autocorrect, though. By the way, x65943 was also just joking about this.

Seriously, though, that's a hefty amount of baggage you got to carry.
I was curious about DID though. Its not often common to see someone with DID, as the condition is very rare. Unfortunately, people are using this condition as way to garner attention and manipulate vulnerable victims who are close friends, and its very sad. :(

Reactions: boot3

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unless you actually get sick by looking into people's personal records, there could still be some undiagnosed dyslexia left. Could just be a typo or malfunctioning autocorrect, though. By the way, x65943 was also just joking about this.

Seriously, though, that's a hefty amount of baggage you got to carry.
This was more of a joke that less than sober brain didn’t think through. It was only noted in my records after I brought it up to my allergy doctor. It is a rather serious allergy though that can legit ruin my day if I am not careful. Symptoms can range from stomach distress to straight-up vomiting

I was curious about DID though. Its not often common to see someone with DID, as the condition is very rare. Unfortunately, people are using this condition as way to garner attention and manipulate vulnerable victims who are close friends, and its very sad. :(
DID is extremely uncommon and I hate the fact that people have been latching onto it for attention. I spent decades of my life struggling with it being unmanaged. I am pretty sure many of the older members and Staff on the Temp remember the completely unpredictable and honestly awful freaks out that garnered so many of the warnings in my history. It took until my late 20s when a therapist took note of the many different names, “characters,” voices/accents, and other details that she observed over the time she was working with me, that she brought attention to it. Then the entire process started. I am omitting details because I’ve dealt with too many copycats using my story.
Small rant, legit sucks that people do that shit. Like, no, having DID isn’t cute, it’s not fun, and it fucking sucks. I have decades of memory missing and messy as a result. I find people who know me under different alter, and so much more. Legit, I’ve been banned from sites, lost friends, loaned out shit, sold shit, and so much more, and now unable to remember what happened. I’ve had to go through therapy and retain this broken brain to function. Sadly, it’s still scary because I don’t know when, how, why, or anything else will trigger another dissociative episode. It’s fucking awful. Even if I do love the alters that came out of it, the disorder is still a disorder.
To not end on a negative note, please enjoy this cute Miko picture
IMG_0844.jpeg

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: SylverReZ

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
how was the fall?
not that hard...
  • When in Elementary School 2nd grade people noticed i didn't read and write fast like the others (Dyslexia), i felt like i failed a little, being a slow learner.
  • When in Junior High i didn't make real friends, didn't quite behave like the "normal" kids, my mother got worried and tried to create friends for me (it didn't work, and i didn't feel like myself).
  • When in High School, i noticed big time i was different, for some reason i couldn't get real contact with the girls and i hated myself for it.
  • When i turned 19 my mother asked me to see a psychologist, it took about a year keeping and sharing a diary that the pieces of the puzzle started to fall in to place, i was also diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.
From that point on i felt like a burden fell of my shoulders: i never was wrong.
I could finally embrace myself as i felt like.
I found friends that felt right, traveling on my own i got real contact with a girl (didn't work out).
A few years later i got a real girlfriend, but it couldn't last for she couldn't get a green card.
Now i'm married for 12,5 years already, i think i got a pretty normal life...

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I honestly don't know much about myself other than having Asperger's because I almost never go to a psychologist or doctor, although I do have difficulty sleeping and also anxiety.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've Boldened the blue words, if you just want the TL;DR version:

I'm autistic. I struggle to perform the most basic of tasks I'm unfamiliar with without strict, precise instructions. I'm non-verbal unless I'm forced to speak. (I honestly hate talking as a form of communication, worst invention ever.)

As a side-effect to being autistic, I have an extreme sensitivity to light. I go out of my way to "Dark-Mode" everything, which helps immensely. I have to wear prescription sunglasses in most retail-lighting environments and on sunny days, or I'm just an absolute mole getting nausious, headaches, and dizziness. I wear my prescription sunglasses indoors at my current job, and customers constantly refer to me as "looking like the unibomber" because they don't know about or understand my disability. Fun times...

Diagnosed with A.D.H.D.
back in 1994, back when austsm was commonly being misdiagnosed and written-off as A.D.D. and A.D.H.D. But I have symptoms of both Autism and A.D.H.D.

I am an ultra-lite sleeper, meaning I need darknessand silence to stay asleep ((with a fan, more on that later)).
As a result of this, I need to stay up long enough, to get tired enough, to sleep DEEP enough in order to get any kind of measurable rest. My ideal day would be 36 hours long, fuck this 24 hour bullshit. I also can't stand being awake during normal daytime hours. I sleep in the morning into the early evening, and stay up all night. Fixed sleep schedules also don't work with me though, I just try to sleep whenever I'm tired. Works better for me.

In 1994, I was on a trip to Disney Land. We flew to L.A. from PDX (Portland, Oregon). On the flight however, my left eardrum popped due to the cabin pressure and altitude change. My ear was bleeding. I was deaf in that ear for a couple of weeks. And as a long-term result of that incident, I have been a tinnitus sufferer ever since (Intense high-pitched ringing in the ear, sounds like the coil whine of a CRT television). Working in a noisy spray booth in 2005 only made my hearing loss worse, despite wearing my earplugs.

I'm getting older which means my body is starting to tell me it no longer likes certain things. I believe I've developed an intolerance to lactose, as it makes me instandly gassy afterwards. The A2 milk is what I have to use in order to curb that, as it's real milk just they remove a protein in it that causes the indigestion. Tastes no different than regular milk, so I like it.

Dyscalculia. I cannot for the life of me understand math beyond the basic stuff we use day to day, but even then I struggle with simple math at times. It's one of my biggest roadblocks when learning to program, and it sucks. Google dyscalculia if you don't know what it is, it's kind of a rabbit hole of symptoms.

I'm somewhat dyslexic, but more-so when I'm typing than when I'm reading or writing.

My lower back was destroyed by working at Wal*Mart. I used to work at Walmart from 2013 to late 2020. I was on the freight team for a year and a half, and every night we would get a frozen+dairy load. The frozen pallet would get wheeled into the freezer just fine. But when it came to the dairy palled, whoo-boy... Whatever moron designed the dairy cooler ordered a door that's just slightly too small to easily wheel the palled inside, so we always had to park it in front of the open door, and manually down-stack it inside. But my boss was a "get it done now, and fast" kind of guy, so we'd setup a "grab something and hand it to the next guy" system. Problem with this was you're lifting heavy stuff, and twisting back and forth for about 10 to 12 minutes, every day. I did that for a year and a half. That is what destroyed my lower back.

I can't stand having rooms of my house be total darkness. I always have some kind of LED lighting on in empty rooms, be it the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc etc. I just don't like walking into rooms where I could potentially bump into something and injure myself.

So yeah... Guess I got alot going on, lol.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As a side-effect to being autistic, I have an extreme sensitivity to light.
Oh hey! I have something similar but due to my grey eyes, my eyes are very sensitive to light. They will burn, easily. I was actually diagnosed with photophobia and need to wear transition lenses to protect my eyes. I also wear a hat when I am doing my job because the lights stress my eyes out.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
not that hard...
  • When in Elementary School 2nd grade people noticed i didn't read and write fast like the others (Dyslexia), i felt like i failed a little, being a slow learner.
  • When in Junior High i didn't make real friends, didn't quite behave like the "normal" kids, my mother got worried and tried to create friends for me (it didn't work, and i didn't feel like myself).
  • When in High School, i noticed big time i was different, for some reason i couldn't get real contact with the girls and i hated myself for it.
  • When i turned 19 my mother asked me to see a psychologist, it took about a year keeping and sharing a diary that the pieces of the puzzle started to fall in to place, i was also diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.
From that point on i felt like a burden fell of my shoulders: i never was wrong.
I could finally embrace myself as i felt like.
I found friends that felt right, traveling on my own i got real contact with a girl (didn't work out).
A few years later i got a real girlfriend, but it couldn't last for she couldn't get a green card.
Now i'm married for 12,5 years already, i think i got a pretty normal life...
Ohh almost forgot, it seems like i only have problems reading and writing in my native language, in english it's somehow not a problem.
Wierd thing is i hear this a lot around me with people diagnosed Dyslexia.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol