Do you believe in aliens?

• Total voters

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one thing I can confirm is that the US government does offer researchers who are involved in ultra secret projects a chance to "disappear" your not even allowed to tell your own family that your gone.

I assume if your home life is crappy enough and yet you some how maintain enough of a genius level IQ this could appeal to some.

I know I turned down a weird offer after taking a 3 day long test for the government. The conversation went something like this.

Strange caller "We would like to offer you a research position."

Me *thinking this is some weird ass joke* "Would I get my own Cray XMP." *Cray XMP being the fastest computer money could buy at the time.*

Strange caller "Yes." no hesitation in the mans voice.

Me "What would I have to do?"

Strange caller "You would have to leave your family and not tell them where you are going and what you are doing you would have no contact with them."

Me " I can't do that.... I mean I just can't." *at this point I was completely shaken.*

Had I known where my life was headed at the time, I might have accepted the offer, I mean not that my life is utter crap right now or anything but I can't help but wonder what kind of research I would have been doing the access to the information involved.

I was never contacted again, but I could consider it these days lol

Ripley's Believe it or not... lol
holy crap, i would have asked the guy "What specific research is done in said position?"

The guy managed to scare me over the phone, thats no easy task. I imagine he would have told me absolutely nothing. What ever it was with me asking for a nice computer and getting I can only guess that it would have involved some of the stuff we take for advantage as being public now. Stealth, Lasers, and what ever else Reagan wanted in his whole Star Wars Defense Initiative thing. Maybe working on some of the stuff that even now is still secret?

When it comes to Government contracts during that period of time the sky was the limit, if you ever want to see a crazy movie about the stuff check out "The Men who stare at goats." that was a weird project that from what I understand is still working? From what I understand the part of the project that managed to survive was something called "remote viewing".

The whole Psy-ops stuff is a little creepy to me.

Edit: I mean to be perfectly honest, I think it was a person who worked for the Government but I have zero proof, no information that could be confirmed. The whole thing could easily be chalked up to a prank phone call. The only thing that made me think it was real was the timing of the call just a few days after taking a massive test.

I wait for the knock at my door now to take me away... lol
I've seen that movie lol and what year exactly was it when the call took place?

So after you said "I can't do that" you hung up or did he say anything else after that?
Im assuming if you were given the chance again you would take it right?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think [member='alex221'] should add a poll to this thread. I'm curious to see the percentages of people who have posted who would vote one way or the other.
I just added a poll, go vote people lol

The poll doesn't match up with the thread, though. You should either edit the poll or ask to get the title of thread changed.

Reactions: 1 person

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one thing I can confirm is that the US government does offer researchers who are involved in ultra secret projects a chance to "disappear" your not even allowed to tell your own family that your gone.

I assume if your home life is crappy enough and yet you some how maintain enough of a genius level IQ this could appeal to some.

I know I turned down a weird offer after taking a 3 day long test for the government. The conversation went something like this.

Me *thinking this is some weird ass joke* "Would I get my own Cray XMP." *Cray XMP being the fastest computer money could buy at the time.*

Strange caller "You would have to leave your family and not tell them where you are going and what you are doing you would have no contact with them."

Me " I can't do that.... I mean I just can't." *at this point I was completely shaken.*

Had I known where my life was headed at the time, I might have accepted the offer, I mean not that my life is utter crap right now or anything but I can't help but wonder what kind of research I would have been doing the access to the information involved.

holy crap, i would have asked the guy "What specific research is done in said position?"

The guy managed to scare me over the phone, thats no easy task. I imagine he would have told me absolutely nothing. What ever it was with me asking for a nice computer and getting I can only guess that it would have involved some of the stuff we take for advantage as being public now. Stealth, Lasers, and what ever else Reagan wanted in his whole Star Wars Defense Initiative thing. Maybe working on some of the stuff that even now is still secret?

When it comes to Government contracts during that period of time the sky was the limit, if you ever want to see a crazy movie about the stuff check out "The Men who stare at goats." that was a weird project that from what I understand is still working? From what I understand the part of the project that managed to survive was something called "remote viewing".

Edit: I mean to be perfectly honest, I think it was a person who worked for the Government but I have zero proof, no information that could be confirmed. The whole thing could easily be chalked up to a prank phone call. The only thing that made me think it was real was the timing of the call just a few days after taking a massive test.

So after you said "I can't do that" you hung up or did he say anything else after that?

I am kind of fuzzy (emotions tend to blur the memory.) but I believe I heard him hang up and I honestly spent the rest of that day kind of disturbed. I was only 14 at the time so leaving my family it was just too soon there was no way I could have been ready for that kind of detachment from my family.

These days my wife just annoys the hell out of me and everyone else in my family is dead except one brother. So yeah I would take the offer now.

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a possibility. We're nothing in this vast universe, so yep its a possibility. And aliens could have visited us at one point, but left cus we suck XP But meh it's just a possibility Ever since I saw that one picture of what one of the Legend of Zelda creatures was based off of though the thought kind of scares me lol. Seriously anyone else see that shit? It's pretty freaky.

Edit: Bt-dubs The creature was based off an alien sighting in some woods, in some place I forget where, but damn don't look it up, that shit is creepy looking.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am kind of fuzzy (emotions tend to blur the memory.) but I believe I heard him hang up and I honestly spent the rest of that day kind of disturbed. I was only 14 at the time so leaving my family it was just too soon there was no way I could have been ready for that kind of detachment from my family.

These days my wife just annoys the hell out of me and everyone else in my family is dead except one brother. So yeah I would take the offer now.
So you basically got a offer by the government to disappear at 14? Holy hell you must be intelligent. May i ask what type of exam you took?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

So you basically got a offer by the government to disappear at 14? Holy hell you must be intelligent. May i ask what type of exam you took?
What wasn't realized at the time :ph34r: was that although it was research with aliens, it was actually the aliens making the phone call :ninja: and the "position" they were offering was to participate in the research as a guinea pig :P

Reactions: 2 people

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What wasn't realized at the time :ph34r: was that although it was research with aliens, it was actually the aliens making the phone call :ninja: and the "position" they were offering was to participate in the research as a guinea pig :P

It's funny but for all I know that could be the truth lol I don't think it was anything to do with "aliens" I mean sure it could be possible, I had no clue what they wanted me to work on.

In answer to Alex's question the test involved many subjects but I got the feeling that spatial geometry and computer science seemed to be the focus of the tests. I remember doing one of the test and the person administering the test said "I have never seen anyone complete that section so fast..." that part of the test was really fun and I sort of wish some one would make a game out of it, although I suspect I am probably the only person on the planet who would think it was fun. That test involved looking at a bunch of geometric patterns and picking out the shape that they would fold into, the shapes got more complex as you completed them and I got the feeling that most people ran out of time for the test. I ran out of shapes.

As for me being intelligent I honestly do not feel like I am more intelligent than anyone else. To be quit honest I do stupid stuff all the time and have trouble figuring out a lot of what I consider basic things. I think I just tested really well in something that they believed would help them in a specific problem, at least I hope thats all it was and I haven't wasted my life playing video games :) lol

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's funny but for all I know that could be the truth lol I don't think it was anything to do with "aliens" I mean sure it could be possible, I had no clue what they wanted me to work on.

In answer to Alex's question the test involved many subjects but I got the feeling that spatial geometry and computer science seemed to be the focus of the tests. I remember doing one of the test and the person administering the test said "I have never seen anyone complete that section so fast..." that part of the test was really fun and I sort of wish some one would make a game out of it, although I suspect I am probably the only person on the planet who would think it was fun. That test involved looking at a bunch of geometric patterns and picking out the shape that they would fold into, the shapes got more complex as you completed them and I got the feeling that most people ran out of time for the test. I ran out of shapes.

As for me being intelligent I honestly do not feel like I am more intelligent than anyone else. To be quit honest I do stupid stuff all the time and have trouble figuring out a lot of what I consider basic things. I think I just tested really well in something that they believed would help them in a specific problem, at least I hope thats all it was and I haven't wasted my life playing video games :) lol
I read somewhere that the more intelligent you are ,the harder it is to do simpler tasks because you over-think it or look too much into it lol

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

I read somewhere that the more intelligent you are ,the harder it is to do simpler tasks because you over-think it or look too much into it lol
Hmm, try this and see how you do.
http://www.free-iqtest.net

PS: On this forum, we don't consider playing video games as a waste of your life. It's the point of it.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PS: On this forum, we don't consider playing video games as a waste of your life. It's the point of it.
I tried it and got an iq of 130. Is it accurate though?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I tried it and got an iq of 130. Is it accurate though?
I think it's questionable how accurate ANY IQ test can actually be, but it seems okay to my extremely limited experience with them.

I got 136 the first time around and then I went back and changed several of answers that I thought "that's not right" as soon as I hit the button for the next page
with those changes it got me up to 152 if I remember right but I don't know if it's timed or not. It was a breeze going through it the second time when I remembered all the "right" answers (assuming I had answered them right in the first place)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know these aliens exist!

5%20Alien%20Rangers%20back%20home%20on%20Aquitar.jpg

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we have no conclusive proof of actually have aliens/intelligent life, its a much more sound argument for the the skeptic. Its not perfect, and its also a inductive argument till we find an answer.
Its actually easier and more logical to believe that there are no aliens/IL, from a purely logical standpoint.

Its the same as me taking you to china. I make the argument, "There is no gold in China."
My end of the argument is done. Again logically.
To counter that, you would have to actually FIND a piece of gold IN China.
Id doesnt have to be big, or alot of it. Any will do.
But until you have, My argument is more airtight.

Now for the purposes of exploring the cosmos, i certainly hope we do find, a very least, LIFE, somewhere in the stars.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we have no conclusive proof of actually have aliens/intelligent life, its a much more sound argument for the the skeptic. Its not perfect, and its also a inductive argument till we find an answer.
Its actually easier and more logical to believe that there are no aliens/IL, from a purely logical standpoint.
We also don't have conclusive proof of god existing yet 1/3 of the world's population believe in him/her.
Imo it is actually less logical if you don't believe in aliens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo