Gaming Do you agree with my top 10 RPG list for the DS?

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really necessary to post the youtube link and not just the list here? I'm much too busy a man to watch videos

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
xxRAG3 said:
Is it really necessary to post the youtube link and not just the list here? I'm much too busy a man to watch videos

agreed and im sorry but i tried watching the video but the voice on the video was really beginning to anoy me...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
xxRAG3 said:

agreed and im sorry but i tried watching the video but the voice on the video was really beginning to anoy me...
i didnt listen to the vid i just watched it on mute you can easily tell which games are being shown...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transcribed short list-

1- The World Ends With You
2- Chrono Trigger
3- Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
4- Pokemon Platinum
5- Final Fantasy IV
6- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
7- Dragon Quest V
8- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
9- Suikoden Tierkreis
10- Lunar Knights

He only counted international releases, no Japan-only stuff (specified a good reason). I quite liked his video. I wouldn't agree with everything of course, but his style is nice and i can tell he loves these games. Well done sir, you have my approval.
smile.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Transcribed short list-

1- The World Ends With You
2- Chrono Trigger
3- Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
4- Pokemon Platinum
5- Final Fantasy IV
6- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
7- Dragon Quest V
8- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
9- Suikoden Tierkreis
10- Lunar Knights

Thanks for doing that and i would get rid of 10 , 5 and 3 the rest i somewhat agree should be in the top 10 order doesnt really matter for me as anything in a top 10 should be playable to a RPG fan

Ones i think you should of included:

Sands of destruction
glory of heracles
Final fantasy 3

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell came you comment on his voice.... most of the "tempers" are fanboys retards that give nothing back to the community and whine... anyway all the dude wanted was to comment on his games list and the video. So, please just do that... Jesus.

Video - 10/10

- Nice Cut scenes, and multimedia mix was good.

Audio 10/10

- Nicely done music, no youtube cracking noises.

Those are all great games, some I have but haven't played. I missed out on the whole pokemon crashed years, I picked up the sapphire version when I was in Iraq at a souk market place.... it was surprisingly fun (the pokemon game was copied into a fake handheld advance system).

Anyway, good job man.

Wynd

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts...

Dragon Quest hasn't aged well in my opinion. It's an ancient RPG formula

Chrono Trigger is overrated. Yes, it introduced lots of innovative elements and is a good game, but other games used those elements better.

I'd take HeartGold/SoulSilver > Platinum. That's just me.

Kingdom Hearts is pretty meh at best. I was generous when I gave it a 7.5 in my review. In retrospect I'd give it a 6/10. It's incredibly repetitive and the story is bleak. I don't care what people say, Kingdom Hearts storylines aren't all that good.

FFIV on the DS I found to be boring as hell. It's a lot better on the GBA.

The World Ends With You is definitely not the best. Way too much credit is given to the atmosphere. The gameplay itself is cluttered controls ahoy.

I really find the DS has lots of RPGs, but not a lot of good ones. I would give Pokemon the top spot purely because of the amount of man hours to put into it and how insanely popular competitive battling has become.

Where's Puzzle Quest? The PSP version is better (it's got worse controls because stylus > D-Pad for this type of thing, but it's a much better package overall), but it's still damn addictive. Not your typical RPG but surely one of the best.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Terenigma said:
Thanks for doing that and i would get rid of 10 , 5 and 3 the rest i somewhat agree should be in the top 10 order doesnt really matter for me as anything in a top 10 should be playable to a RPG fan

Ones i think you should of included:

Sands of destruction
glory of heracles
Final fantasy 3

What's better about FF3 ? Never tried it :/

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Guild-

Dude, what game has taken and done time travel "better" than Chrono Trigger (in a similar style or whatever). Because i want to play that game. I've never seen time travel done as well as it was in CT. Rarely have i ever even seen it done in games period.

And how can the same game (FF4) be boring on one system but not the other? Especially when all it really adds up to is updated graphics?

Lastly, i'd wonder how someone can fault KH for being repetitive and not Pokemon. No offense. The rest of your opinions are your own and fair.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Guild on Dragon Quest & FFIV, and would switch pokemon with Disgaea.
About FFIV, I wouldn't call the DSs' 3D graphics better than good old sprites and I think the gba had extra dungions.
yay! lunar knights! it should be a bit higher.
Sands of Destruction should be #7.
move mario back to 10.
some others and stuff I can't think of.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally enjoy Lunar Knights, but i find it a watered down sequel to the Boktai games. I found the space flight parts extremely annoying to control and just horrible overall. And i wasn't a huge fan that they cut out most of any stealth and puzzle elements that made the Boktai games so enjoyable. It's a shame Boktai 3 never got a US release, but at least someone translated that (wasn't it DarthNemesis or did i mix it up?). LK is a bittersweet game for me. I feel like i'm torturing myself through the space parts though to get to the fun parts.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually I like the voice lol

Everything i agree except with pokemon and the second one. tbh the clip wasn't a nuff to convince me.

so sand of destitution 3 and Phantasy Star Ø 1 drop your first game to 2nd :/

maxxpower18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Dragon Quest V is a damn good game, I was stopped playing it just when I was about to beat it because honestly, it go a bit dull after a while. Good game, but the old school Rpg formula just a got a bit dull for me. Lunar Knights felt a bit uneven to me, the first 4 chapters where really easy, but when I got to the 5th chapter I found myself dying constantly

Mike Hawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some ported titles on your list, I was hoping it was made up of just new games on the DS.

but I will go ahead and try Devil Survivor and Suikoden. thanks.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skimmed over the posted list, and I agree with just about everything except for the exclusion of Puzzle Quest, but then again that's just my opinion so whatever.
Nice job though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: