Gaming Do 'Official Releases' Have to be dumped by the 'teams&#39

manobon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading over the 'don't ask for dumps!' thread, I Did do a google search and found a page with 'wifi rom image dumping' instructions...

I don't know if there's an easier way or not for rom image dumping (even though it seems rather simple according to that page), but! If a noob-ish user such as myself made a rom-image through such a process, how would it become an 'official release', and whatnot? (Do I 'release' it to one of the teams? Just make a torrent and see what happens? What?)

I'm just asking what the process is for a release to be considered official (and, depending on that answer, why are more people not making such releases)? Not for...'instructions', you know?

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe team releases are official because they make sure they properly dump more than simply checking if it works? I do not know for sure;

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe we're supposed to discuss roms on this forum...
but I don't care
happy.gif

To answer you, I don't really know... but you can always try contacting the 'teams' and ask them yourself >_>

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems to vary with temperature but compared to the likes of video, PC software and so forth it is nowhere near as strict.
Back in the GBA era more than a few titles bypassed the traditional topserver and trickle down approach (some in favour of straight to rapidshare if you can believe it).

Best you could hope for is someone will pick it up and repackage it as an independent release.

Site seems to be down right now but I am sure an archival site might have something: http://www.aboutthescene.com/thescene/index.html

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
use waybackmachine with the link above to see the last cached archive pages in OCTOBER 2007!

and FYI it does not have anything about DS releases!

RLXD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can't get your dump to be a legit scene release that easy. First you need some contacts within the scene itself, such as knowing a member or maybe a groupleader. Then you need a good site, which accepts your release as an iND (indipendet / not from a specific group) release. But for that you will have to dump it sceneconform with *. sfv, *.nfo and all needed informations. Without them it won't get accepted in any way. If everything is ok it'll maybe, but only maybe, listed on releaseDBs on the net/irc. But don't forget to pack it sceneconform
rolleyes.gif

Don't try it with a *.torrent. You will have no luck. P2P releases get ignored by all good releaseDBs.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do those sites tell you if a game is being uploaded to them or not? I could see like a few hundred people trying to dump the game at the same time.

RLXD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GameSoul said:
Do those sites tell you if a game is being uploaded to them or not? I could see like a few hundred people trying to dump the game at the same time.

Those sites are often linked to releaseDBs so that once a release got pred it will be shown on a releaseDB. You just need to check if the game dump you want to pre is already existing anywhere else. No site will ever have a full list of everything ever released. Most public releaseDBs share their DB-data so that they stay up-to-date - it's a very diffuse network. BTW is the exact time of the first pre the crucial factor. Do two ppl/groups pre their dump of a game in a time difference of, for example, 2 minutes, the only legit scenerelease will be the first pre. So even if the other dump is working, too, it will get a nuke because it's just a dupe of an already existing and working dump. The only real exception are iNTERNAL pres which are for group internal use, what doesn't mean that they will not show up on the net, too. Those won't get a nuke beside they are not scene conform/not working.

Hope that answered what you wanted to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: