Do many people really HATE Apple that much?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I hate all their iOS restrictions. You can hardly do anything at all without a jailbreak.
And I hate Macs.
And I hate how overpriced all their products are.

They do make some nice monitors though...

I guess I would say I don't hate them, I just hate the things they do.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that is not true. Microsoft is hated by everyone I know. They use Windows but everyone hates it, especially 8.1.

Also remember you are comparing a hardware company to 2 software giants. You can't compare a Macbook to Microsoft. You can can compare OSX to Windows.

Your argument makes no sense. In your reality Audi and Mercedes should charge the same money for their vehicles as a Honda Civic or Chrysler Neon. Yes they are cars but why does Audi cost so much more? You cannot dictate the price just because you think it's too high. If you don't care for a MacBook go buy and Acer or an E-Machine. What I can tell you is the Mac has a higher resale value. I have sold one of mine and got pretty well exactly what I paid back after almost a year later. I dare you to get that with any laptop in the PC arena.

Also don't tell me you have never had software issues with a PC laptop. The problem is 3rd party vendors add whatever hardware they like and then play catchup with drivers.

Personally, the price of a Mac product doesn't phase me. I've never felt that I have over payed. If I wanted cheaper I could certainly get that but that is not why I bought it in the first place. The choice is always mine and yours for that matter. You don't like it, don't buy it. Simple!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Apple is a bully.
It's only generating money through suing other companies over the things Apple stole from them.
That and the fanbase is just stupid.

Other then that, I personally think it's overpriced rubbish.
I dun see meself with an apple device any time in the future.
Infact, I dun even use apple software on me lappie for that matter..

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I despise Apple so much, I bought a Sandisk MP3 player because it's actually good and not overpriced. I don't like their business or their arrogant anti-competition tactics, suing "infringing" companies for every penny they got. They're not getting my money, I assure you. There's not much they can do that other companies cannot do, just the Apple name. Somehow buying an Apple product makes you special but buying an "inferior" or non-Apple product makes people somehow less than them. Am I wrong? Then the whole bullshit marketing that Macs and PCs aren't the same, they are, a Mac is PC with a different OS, that's it. I find it hilarious that telling people how flawed that logic is lol!

Reactions: Nightwish

decemberchild

latecomer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Apple can be really stubborn (Flash for iOS, expandable storage, restrictions) but I (at least) like their products - to me they last, and their customer service is better than any other company (not the best though).

If their customer service is better than any other company's, then yes it is the best.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont hate apple. i dont like them for the following facts:
they are horrible to their employees ( they make millions and the employees are living in unbearable circumstances)

i think they want to make even more money on suiing everything what looks a little bit like a phone or table ( do you notice, that when you are gonna buy a car, it actually looks like a car!)

they put restrictions on everything.

but i am sure other companies have their downsides to, but actually i dont mind if other people like it ( and it is funn to try to piss them off by saying windows or androi is better ;) )

Reactions: the_randomizer

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
No that is not true. Microsoft is hated by everyone I know. They use Windows but everyone hates it, especially 8.1. And I'm sure you know all (approximately) 1.5 billion people on the planet that use Windows :rolleyes: Just because you know people who don't like Microsoft doesn't mean everybody hates it.

Also remember you are comparing a hardware company to 2 software giants. You can't compare a Macbook to Microsoft. You can can compare OSX to Windows. ...what? I wasn't comparing a Macbook to Windows, I was comparing a Macbook to a cheaper and better Windows Ultrabook. :rolleyes:

Your argument makes no sense. In your reality Audi and Mercedes should charge the same money for their vehicles as a Honda Civic or Chrysler Neon. That makes no sense, seeing how car manufacturers have a lot more variables than PCs. You have different engines, transmissions, various tech they use, the materials the car is made out of etc etc. Stop being stupid.. Yes they are cars but why does Audi cost so much more? You cannot dictate the price just because you think it's too high. If you don't care for a MacBook go buy and Acer or an E-Machine. What I can tell you is the Mac has a higher resale value. I have sold one of mine and got pretty well exactly what I paid back after almost a year later. I dare you to get that with any laptop in the PC arena.

Also don't tell me you have never had software issues with a PC laptop. The problem is 3rd party vendors add whatever hardware they like and then play catchup with drivers. ...you are aware that 99% of the software on your Macbook are third party applications right? Also, OSX has just about the same amount of driver updates as Windows does, so you're argument is pretty much void.

Personally, the price of a Mac product doesn't phase me. I've never felt that I have over payed. If I wanted cheaper I could certainly get that but that is not why I bought it in the first place. The choice is always mine and yours for that matter. You don't like it, don't buy it. Simple!

It's fine and all that you like your Macbook and whatever, but don't try rationalize your opinion as fact when it isn't, and don't argue when you quite obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When you're #1 you're hated it's as simple as that. I don't really like anything Apple except for the Macs. I'll be damned if i ever touch another cheap Windows PC again.

Reactions: tofast4u

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're #1 you're hated it's as simple as that. I don't really like anything Apple except for the Macs. I'll be damned if i ever touch another cheap Windows PC again.

Still, a lot of people don't see it that way, and will always assume PCs and Macs are not both the same thing with different OSes.

Edit: Ninja'd

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda skimmed over the thread, but I didn't really see anything about interoperability, the thing Apple sucks the most at (yes, even more than their anti-competitiveness). Generally, Apple like to create their own stuff so that they can charge hefty license fees to developers and accessory manufacturers at the expense of offering their consumers products that play nice with other products. Things like:
OK, mostly connectivity stuff. But the problem now is that all Apple products require their own connectors, they won't work with my wireless printer because it doesn't support AirPrint, they don't work with my Smart TV because my Smart TV only supports WiFi Direct and not AirPlay. This isn't a recent development, Apple have always been this way, but it only recently affected me. There are some exceptions to the rule, however, like FireWire.

Going back to the anti-competitiveness, I've mentioned this before, but iOS's app store doesn't even allow developers to submit browser apps that aren't Safari with a different coat of paint. This is something Microsoft have been repeatedly targeted for, despite the fact that Windows does let you install other browsers. How Apple manage to get away with it, I'll never know.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grew up on Atari and Amiga computers (Jay Miner tech). I have watched the lies upon which the two computer giants (Microsloth and Apple) have built their empire, and have had a keen enough eye on their business ethic, to clearly to see where they (and other business elite) intend to take "Joe consumer" in the 21st century.
That being said I also just hate the experience of using their modern incarnation of NEXT. There is just something about the general interface that they ripped off Xerox years ago that has never sat well with me.

Amiga, AROS, and especially MorphOS suit me just fine for my every day needs, be it browsing the web, playing musick, composing music via MIDI, watching movies, games, file transfers, etc. No viruses, no adware, not bloat, just a smooth polished experience.
For those applications and other things that I can not yet do on the Amiga variants or Haiku (BeOS) for that matter, I use Linux Mint (mate). I can not think of a single thing that Linux Mint can not do and do well, with the exception of run GzDOOM Builder, Slade, Adobe Premier, and After Effects, which is the ONLY reason I keep a Winblows machine in the house, well that and to experience next gen gaming because I'll never invest in Sony and Microsoft's game consoles.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I kinda skimmed over the thread, but I didn't really see anything about interoperability, the thing Apple sucks the most at (yes, even more than their anti-competitiveness). Generally, Apple like to create their own stuff so that they can charge hefty license fees to developers and accessory manufacturers at the expense of offering their consumers products that play nice with other products. Things like:
OK, mostly connectivity stuff. But the problem now is that all Apple products require their own connectors, they won't work with my wireless printer because it doesn't support AirPrint, they don't work with my Smart TV because my Smart TV only supports WiFi Direct and not AirPlay. This isn't a recent development, Apple have always been this way, but it only recently affected me. There are some exceptions to the rule, however, like FireWire.

Going back to the anti-competitiveness, I've mentioned this before, but iOS's app store doesn't even allow developers to submit browser apps that aren't Safari with a different coat of paint. This is something Microsoft have been repeatedly targeted for, despite the fact that Windows does let you install other browsers. How Apple manage to get away with it, I'll never know.
Actually from what I know Apple doesn't allow anything in the App Store that competes with the built in apps. That's why all the wifi check apps were removed at some point.
Butbut mah retina ;o;

Reactions: McHaggis

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually from what I know Apple doesn't allow anything in the App Store that competes with the built in apps. That's why all the wifi check apps were removed at some point.

Butbut mah retina ;o;

Yes... thank our precious governments for making sure that anti-monopoly laws are not violated as such.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
With Apple your paying as much for the gadget as you are the logo, that much is true and im some ways I do compare it to buying a regular non popular brand pair of Sneekers / Running Shoes / Trainers (or what ever you trendy kids call em these days) to a pair of Nike / Rebook or what nots both do exactly the same job to most of the time the same degree too (as long as you don't buy the absolute cheapest possible) some of it your paying for branding.

That said:
Do I hate apple? Nope not at all.
Do I feel iOS is restricted on there iPod/Pad/Phone? Yeah, though generally things do run smoother with them for that fact.
Do I own Apple products? Yup 1x 3rd Gen Nano, 1x 5th Gen Video (Broken atm) & 1x iPhone 3GS.
Would I recommend an Apple product? Depends on the person if they want a less fuss smartphone then sure why not.
Is my phone I use from Apple? Nope. Samsung Galaxy S2. Quite a nice phone though a bit older now.

I Tend to stand back and look at the big picture with all this some hate Apple "Fanboys" or what nots but in honesty there on Both sides... Hell I think I had a thread on the temp at one point when I was using an iPhone 4 on how much I was harassed by Android users that I should "Stop being a sheep" and get a android (though amusingly I shot that comment down mentioning that the android marketshare is huge compared to apple so technically getting a android by that argument would make me a sheep) but being on Android I get Apple fanboys telling me there iPhones just work ect ect. I tend to try to ignore it all.

You see as much as you like or dislike a company or a product of a company its a waste of time to moan and rant about it. It's much more simple to vote with your wallet and let others use what they want to use! If they are happy on there iPad and your happy on your Galaxy Tab why rock the boat ya know :)

As a side note before I forget: I never actually paid for any of the Apple products above they was given to me and the 3GS I use as an iPod Touch these days :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With Apple your paying as much for the gadget as you are the logo, that much is true and im some ways I do compare it to buying a regular non popular brand pair of Sneekers / Running Shoes / Trainers (or what ever you trendy kids call em these days) to a pair of Nike / Rebook or what nots both do exactly the same job to most of the time the same degree too (as long as you don't buy the absolute cheapest possible) some of it your paying for branding.

That said:
Do I hate apple? Nope not at all.
Do I feel iOS is restricted on there iPod/Pad/Phone? Yeah, though generally things do run smoother with them for that fact.
Do I own Apple products? Yup 1x 3rd Gen Nano, 1x 5th Gen Video (Broken atm) & 1x iPhone 3GS.
Would I recommend an Apple product? Depends on the person if they want a less fuss smartphone then sure why not.
Is my phone I use from Apple? Nope. Samsung Galaxy S2. Quite a nice phone though a bit older now.

I Tend to stand back and look at the big picture with all this some hate Apple "Fanboys" or what nots but in honesty there on Both sides... Hell I think I had a thread on the temp at one point when I was using an iPhone 4 on how much I was harassed by Android users that I should "Stop being a sheep" and get a android (though amusingly I shot that comment down mentioning that the android marketshare is huge compared to apple so technically getting a android by that argument would make me a sheep) but being on Android I get Apple fanboys telling me there iPhones just work ect ect. I tend to try to ignore it all.

You see as much as you like or dislike a company or a product of a company its a waste of time to moan and rant about it. It's much more simple to vote with your wallet and let others use what they want to use! If they are happy on there iPad and your happy on your Galaxy Tab why rock the boat ya know :)

As a side note before I forget: I never actually paid for any of the Apple products above they was given to me and the 3GS I use as an iPod Touch these days :)
I feel pretty much the same way. While much of Apple's lineup is overpriced it isn't bad per se and has several advantages. I don't hate them but I wouldn't recommend a tech savvy person to get one. You can do much of what OSX does by installing some flavor of Linux and customizing it a bit and Android phones tend to be more open than iOS devices. On the other hand if you don't know much about technology, don't need customization and have a bunch of money by all means get some Apple stuff.
That said I used to hate them for no reason other than being overpriced and closed systems so maybe the people here will get over it.

Reactions: Kouen Hasuki

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are macs overpriced? maybe/probably. but their high resell value more than makes up the difference. and if you don't resell, the macs tend to last.

my sister is still using my power mac g4 that i bought 12 years ago. i told her to throw it away or donate it, but it still works without problems so she doesn't.

at work i'm still using a mac pro from 2006. the office bought it refurbishes for 2000 dollars. for almost 8 years running without issues i'd say 250/year for a reliable computer is not costly at all.

the current resell value for my mac pro is 400-600 dollars. as soon as they get me a the new mac pro i'm putting this one on craiglist, making the overall cost for a computer that lasted 8 years ~1600 dollars.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever dude! Go buy your Acer machine. You need to get over it as they are not over priced. If they were no one would buy them. Then again everyone must be wrong because you the all mighty have spoken.

I've seen ultrabooks over $1000 but whatever, you are the man! Enjoy your crown...

It's fine and all that you like your Macbook and whatever, but don't try rationalize your opinion as fact when it isn't, and don't argue when you quite obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1