Hardware Dit it work to use hdd and wii lan adapter together?

jinshin45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Good day Everyone,

I use usb loader cfg to play HDD game and want to play Mario striker charged online. But it's too slow when I use wifi , I want to try wii lan adapter to keep online quality
stable. The problem is I don't know will wii read the wii lan adapter and HDD at the same time or not? Because I heard a rumor that say there is only one usb available when you play HDD usb loader cfg. Thanks.

wii version 3.3J
lan speed : 5.71Mbps

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you use the LAN adapter on the top USB port and the USB hard drive on the bottom USB port, it should work just fine.

jinshin45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanks for your reply, Lacius.

My HDD is Philips and it's not work on the top of USB port. So, I wonder wii lan adapter may not work on the top of usb port, either.

Is that helps if I update my usb loader cfg version? I'm using v40 now. I know the latest one is v61 or v62 I guess.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it says you only has one port left for other devices
not one in total
its obviously not a rumour

edit: ninjaed
you port is not brocken or something like that
cios uses different drivers for the hdd then for everything else
most loaders simply asign one port hard to each driver
and thus disallow swaping of devices

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinshin45 said:
My HDD is Philips and it's not work on the top of USB port. So, I wonder wii lan adapter may not work on the top of usb port, either.
USB drives for backup loading do not work on the top USB port. USB drives only work on the bottom port. Your LAN adapter will likely work on the top USB port.

QUOTE(jinshin45 @ Jun 25 2011, 01:06 PM) Is that helps if I update my usb loader cfg version? I'm using v40 now. I know the latest one is v61 or v62 I guess.
I recommend you update to the latest version of Configurable USB loader, but it will not allow you to use the top USB port for USB loading. As I already said, however, you can use the top USB port to the USB LAN adapter. If you have not done so, I also recommend you update your cIOS to 249d2x56 and 250d2x57.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.