Disgaea 7 announced for PS5, PS4, and Switch

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Disgaea 7 will be coming out for Japan on January 26, 2023.

In Disgaea 7, the story is set in a world called “Hinomoto Netherworld Cluster,” which is inspired by Japanese culture. The protagonists, wandering samurai Fuji and otaku girl Piririka, will fight through the world in order to regain the impoverished Hinomoto from invaders and overthrow the Ooedo Shogunate.

On the game systems front, the series’ signature replayability features return, alongside even more over-the-top new systems. Please look forward to a completely new Disgaea experience!

—Characters can turn into giants in Disgaea 7!?

There will also be more than double the generic characters than Disgaea 6.

There will be 45 generic characters appearing in Disgaea 7, making it the most in series history. Create your own badass army amongst characters that has different appearances and abilities.

:arrow:SOURCE

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was reading some developer interviews earlier and it seems they took the criticisms of Disgaea 6 to heart. Despite its flaws, I do hope 6 makes it to mobile. The enhanced auto battle features were an interesting direction, and while they didn't gel with a lot of people, they would fit the mobile platform great.

Also hoping 7 has a bit of a nicer curve in terms of number scaling. Felt like the big numbers of 6 were just big with no real meaning. Gonna keep away from the JP ver of 7 though, outside of knowing it's been better received. Looking forward to October!

Reactions: KingVamp

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was reading some developer interviews earlier and it seems they took the criticisms of Disgaea 6 to heart. Despite its flaws, I do hope 6 makes it to mobile. The enhanced auto battle features were an interesting direction, and while they didn't gel with a lot of people, they would fit the mobile platform great.

Also hoping 7 has a bit of a nicer curve in terms of number scaling. Felt like the big numbers of 6 were just big with no real meaning. Gonna keep away from the JP ver of 7 though, outside of knowing it's been better received. Looking forward to October!
This is one of the things I hate most in RPGs. Big numbers for no reason. It makes calculating attacks near impossible.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is one of the things I hate most in RPGs. Big numbers for no reason. It makes calculating attacks near impossible.
See I think the big numbers are a significant part of the Disgaea formula, and when they announced the new max damage for Disgaea 6 I was genuinely excited. But I was excited because I thought it’d be balanced like Disgaea 5, but just last longer and make you work for those upper echelons. Instead you’re doing millions of damage within like an hour.

If you wanna see a really great implementation of big numbers go brrrrr, I’d recommend grabbing Disgaea 5 Complete on sale if you haven’t played the games before. It’s a ride and a half.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok