deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
as i speculated before ds mode will most likely be cracked quickly on the 3ds
so you can use the new system to play 5000+ games instantly and just buy the good games untill supercard 3ds comes out

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DarthTheufel said:
Costello said:
to be honest there isn't much point of having a DSi mode flashcart... considering the quality of DSi only titles...
once again thats just my opinion. I don't even have a DSi lol, just sayin

That's not correct, Costello! There are a lot of well made and good rated DSiWare titels.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/

I paid more for DSiWare than for my DSi so far, and most of the time I didn't regret ist.

He´s talking about DS games with DSi features. Not about your interest about pirate DSiWare and fuck off some many small developer´s groups.

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I sincerely wish they fail to make a flashcard that works on the Nintendo 3DS
biggrin.gif

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Costello said:
jeklnoo said:
3DS-mode flashcart? yeah right. They haven't even made a DSi-mode flashcart yet (that can play DSi-mode games, or DSi-ware), and that's been out for nearly two years.
to be honest there isn't much point of having a DSi mode flashcart... considering the quality of DSi only titles...
once again thats just my opinion. I don't even have a DSi lol, just sayin

That's the general consensus but I'm wondering if Pokemon B/W will spur people on to 'hack' DSi mode. Especially now the DSi is near the end of it's life.

I also thought that DSi mode was deliberately left alone to make the big N think it couldn't be broken. Then bam! the 3DS lands and uses the same (or very similar) protection as the DSi and all of a sudden, DSi mode and 3DS mode are both hacked very quickly. Just a theory.

QUOTE(Another World @ Oct 4 2010, 05:48 AM)
thanks in part to costello, alek received the sdk and scds2. i contacted many other homebrew developers about porting stuff to the scds2 and only pate (dsx86) showed interest. thankfully, from the emails i've received, alek seems very interested in scds2 development. he also has a neo geo pocket color emu ready for the nds, which runs really slow. he hopes that porting it to the scds2 will fix that issue.

-another world

I was working on one of those! (NGPC Emu) But as Alek is a much better coder and has the DSTwo SDK already, (SC team wouldn't send it to me as I'm not an 'established' developer), I will wait for his work. I love the NGPC and still have one but it doesn't work so well so I'm dying for an emulator on my DS.

Anyway, is there anywhere I can find out about devs who are porting to SCDSTwo? Apart from the 'secret' forum, that is.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SixtySixHundred said:
That's the general consensus but I'm wondering if Pokemon B/W will spur people on to 'hack' DSi mode. Especially now the DSi is near the end of it's life.

I also thought that DSi mode was deliberately left alone to make the big N think it couldn't be broken. Then bam! the 3DS lands and uses the same (or very similar) protection as the DSi and all of a sudden, DSi mode and 3DS mode are both hacked very quickly. Just a theory.
Good point - IIRC some1 HAD claimed to of got some Homebrew working in DSi mode (or was that a DSi cart hacked - IDK) but never released how they did it

Still - I would be happy if the DS2 worked on 3DS (even in DS modes only) - but even happier IF either the DS2 gets 'fixed' to work in 3DS mode as well OR a new flashcard is made that is pure 3DS (a 'Supercard DS3DS' perhaps ?? )

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Good point - IIRC some1 HAD claimed to of got some Homebrew working in DSi mode (or was that a DSi cart hacked - IDK) but never released how they did it

Still - I would be happy if the DS2 worked on 3DS (even in DS modes only) - but even happier IF either the DS2 gets 'fixed' to work in 3DS mode as well OR a new flashcard is made that is pure 3DS (a 'Supercard DS3DS' perhaps ?? )

Yeah, they used WiFi or something to load homebrew in DSi mode but I don't know much about it. I don't actually own a DSi.

And I'm not a pirate like a lot of people. Yeah I do play DS ROMs but they're ROMs that have been dumped by me (with the exception of a couple of translations), so I only use my flashcarts for homebrew. If the DSTwo works in DS mode on the 3DS, I can still use my homebrew.
yaynds.gif

It's all about that embedded CPU... I was very impressed by the way it handled Pokemon B/W's AP and really impressed by the SC team's response to DSi Firmware 1.4.1. (So impressed that I bought a DSTwo, even though I have sufficient flashcarts!) So fingers crossed! (However, a flashcart called the 'SCDS3DS' would be hard for me to resist, what a cool name!
laugh.gif
)

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
We owe a lot of the interest that the developrs have to Another_World, he worked hard on it, even though it's not his "favorite kard" or anything
Thanks Another_World

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is actually good news. Looks like Team SC is gonna make the first working flashcard for the 3DS as expected -_-

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a good feeling that the SCDSTWO might be runnable in DS mode on the 3DS with how they've been able to circumvent most AP and most firmware updates right off the bat. Can't wait to see what happens next from Team SC
smile.gif

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are able to make the DSTwo work on the Nintendo 3DS, I'm pretty sure the AUTOMATIC firmware updates will block it, until SC release a fix for it. I hope there's switch to turn WLAN off...

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Costello,

If you don't mind, can you ask them about the future of SCDS1i. I always felt that they can do more about it but they didn't.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tajio said:
If they are able to make the DSTwo work on the Nintendo 3DS, I'm pretty sure the AUTOMATIC firmware updates will block it, until SC release a fix for it. I hope there's switch to turn WLAN off...If the DSTwo can accurately mimic all the properties of a specific DS title (much more plausible for carts like the DSTwo than carts like the AK2i), then they can't block it without blocking the original DS game.

QUOTE(dekuleon @ Oct 4 2010, 09:36 AM) Seems they are confidend about running 3DS backuped games too.
tpi.gif
That is a joke, right?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I asked the Magic 8 Ball these questions

I first askedI then asked...but when I askedAs we know the 'Magic 8 ball knows all' so the outlook is.....!!!!! wait & see
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.