Downside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sup.
need help.

I'm using UWizard to dump the smash 4 files.
I have the decrypted keys and such.

Then I got this error:
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Downloading Title 0005000E010110E0 v[Latest]...
[=] Storing Encrypted Content...
- Downloading TMD...
+ Downloading TMD Failed...
Download failed: "Downloading TMD Failed:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

I removed the dash from the title ID too. Still this...

Last edited by Downside,

NAFEDUDE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, guys, I'm headed out for a bit. If any of you can help me with Texture IDs, just post it and I'll see it later.

Handy Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shift right-click in the InjectPack folder and run a command window, then type in "NUT_check.py model.nut" (without quotes) and hit enter. That will extract them and give you the correct mipmap info. 2 birds 1 stone.

So I did that, but a bunch of .gtx files went into the convert folder instead of .dds files going into the OutDDS folder. What do I do?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that I had to click on GTXDDS to get the textures. Thank you so much though!

Last edited by Handy Man,

Brantek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did that, but a bunch of .gtx files went into the convert folder instead of .dds files going into the OutDDS folder. What do I do?

Right, there's a second step. Once you've got the gtx files in the convert folder, just run GTX2DDS.bat and they'll all be converted.

Reactions: Handy Man

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dumped my game and have the update i'm a bit confused where i'm suppose to put the update and what to do with my folder. Trying to replace a texture to test it then i wanna make some textures.

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
changing wario's texture ID causes his eyebrows and mustache to turn red
Ch2OaLsXIAAFdpy.jpg

extracting the textures from the model.nut shows the texture for his facial hair is still black. i don't have the slightest idea why this would be happening
I'm running into this issue, too, on other characters. I change the texture ID, hair turns red (no texture), while all the other textures load fine. I tried a few different texIDs, all got the same result.

Anybody know what's going on?

Running into the same problem. Using greninja I set his texture id to 8, 9, 10,14 and get the same problem. The only other thing I can think of that could work is copy that of other model folders that are set to different alts. For example, megaman has a folders up to c07 in his left arm, right arm, and other folders. For the c08 alt I copied the one of those folders (like the black and yellow megaman alt left arm and right arm folders that correspond to the black alt I have). The models were not red anymore but I don't know if that is exactly related to the texture id issue.
I'm wondering as well. It's oddly worded. I'd assume it means you can't use, say, 3, 7, 11, etc.

Ya I'm not understanding this.

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm working on some Toon Link textures, and was hoping to get some help sorting out some of the kinks. I feel like I've mostly got a handle on things, just a few things that elude me.

Ch5Brr2UYAADuYn.jpg

The textures work great when put over a preexisting slot. But I don't want to replace slots, not when it's so easy to add new ones. I went in, edited the proper files and put these guys on their own slots, and then edited the texture ID numbers so they could be used at the same time, but for some reason the hair texture doesn't render. It's got me perplexed.

Ch47DCvUoAIigcu.jpg

It only seems to affect the hair, and only when I edit the TexID numbers. Anybody know what's happening?

I'm also trying to figure out how to replace CSPs and create slot specific voicebanks (I'd like to use some young Link clips on these textures, since those were used in the gba port of alttp), if someone can point me in the right direction on how to do either of those.

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AHA I GOT IT TO WORK. I just did hex edit of ui_sound_db.bin and figured out where to do the edits.

In the first screencap, this section is for Mario Maker. The 34 that is highlighted is hex for 52, which corrosponds to Entry[52] if you viewed this in the param editor.

Second screencap, the 1B that is highlighted represents the number of tracks in the stage, this case 27. Converting 1B to decimal is 27. Simply changing this number to a higher hex value is what determines the number of tracks the stage will have.

Third screencap is for Midgar, as 36 in hex is 54 in the param editor (Entry[54]). I changed the value of the tracks in the stage from 02 to 04 in the next line to have four tracks.

The lines that follow are the tracks themselves. Example would be 01 FA, which is hex for 506, which is Sound506 (Fight On!). All the FFs after the second copied 01 FA 05 are blank spaces and you simply need to add tracks like so:

36 05 - Stage Name (Midgar)
04 05 - Number of Tracks (4)
00 00 - Separator
01 F9 05 - Track 505 (Sound505 in sounds.msbt - Let the Battles Begin!)
00 00 - Separator
01 FA 05 - Track 506 (Sound506 in sounds.msbt - Fight On!)
00 00 -Separator
XX XX 05 - Place for new track (The 05 is basically telling the section to end)
00 00 - Separator
FF FF FF 05 - Blank Space

I decided to copy both stage songs again for the next two tracks, saved the bin and reinserted the file back into data(en-us)/param/ui and rebuild the mod and insert the patch back into the SD Card and ran SD Cafiine and the game booted this time around and thus, going to My Music on Midgar showed four tracks.

Note, that since I copied the same songs in the same stage, adjusting the copied track would affect the original track's adjustment so its best to insert another track from outside the stage or insert a new song altogether. The SoundXXX goes all the way to 600, so I don't know how you would insert more tracks after that, since reusing a song from another stage on Midgar would likely affect the original song from that stage as well, whether its been replaced or not.

Either way, I'm glad I finally figured this out and feel so proud XD

So new music slots is confirmed working? I wanna do this because there are like so many songs that I want to add. So this would mean you got: the my music entries working with names and the songs to load on the stage. Seems like it is a lot of work.

umbrellaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with a custom skin and mipmapping. Whenever I go to extract the texture, what I think is suppose to be the mipmap (11) is just black. (Screenshot taken before I inserted my custom texture)
img

Whenever in game, the custom texture seems to load fine, but I think that the mipmap is made incorrectly so it comes out as this from far away.
img

And this from close up.
img

Does anyone know how I can generate the mipmap for my file using paint.NET?

Last edited by umbrellaman,

Spyro78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So new music slots is confirmed working? I wanna do this because there are like so many songs that I want to add. So this would mean you got: the my music entries working with names and the songs to load on the stage. Seems like it is a lot of work.
Now we just need a method to add new stages!

Handy Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got another question. I just made a CSP texture and am trying to use EasyInject to put the DDS file in its Nut file, but nothing seems to be happening. How do I fix this?

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game freezes that means i did the texture wrong? I'm trying to use a ZSS texture to replace the orange slot. The folder is CXX i put c06 and it froze o-o.

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes its confirmed that new music slots work, though until Sm4shExplorer gets the plugin to easily add and replace music, and a means to use new tracks rather than recycling music from other stages to use for one stage, it works.

And the names are easily edited using MSBT Editor and work fine. I know there is 600 Sound files in the game, despite there being 522 being used as of now. Why there are more empty song files like these is unknown but we have to wait until there is a way to use them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://infimobile.com/details/plans-5734270 this is kinda tempting