Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Dead_MK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i try to load a model swap my wii u freeze at the title screen. Well, anythin gI put in the patch folder does. The sound folder works good. Anyone knows what might be the issue?
Wii U 5.4.0 spoofed on 5.5.1
I use sm4shexplorer and SdCafiine
smash updated to 1.1.5, but I'm editing 1.1.4 files currently(does that change anything?)
Show me your GamePath

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 388

Dead_MK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are not using the lastest version of Smash, v208 is the Bayo-Corrin Patch. You need to decrypt the v224 with UWizard

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    90 KB · Views: 359
Reactions: HeartBound

mastaklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When i try to load a model swap my wii u freeze at the title screen. Well, anythin gI put in the patch folder does. The sound folder works good. Anyone knows what might be the issue?
Wii U 5.4.0 spoofed on 5.5.1
I use sm4shexplorer and SdCafiine
smash updated to 1.1.5, but I'm editing 1.1.4 files currently(does that change anything?)
Got the same problem a while ago
I edited the us files while my disc is eu
That caused the game to freeze on boot

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a nice little thread to keep everything in the same place. When i have time i'll be going through and making video tutorials for various uses and techniques for use with Sm4shCommand. I'll probably start them about when i release the next update. I'll post them here and link them in the tutorial section of my thread when i get a chance :)

lonzodavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so what should I do to get started on modding Sm4sh for Wii U?

Should I get a US Wii U and wait for things to be released, if they are or ever will be, to mod stuff such as Undub, custom music, and maybe that 8 player on all stages thing.

Or should I stick to getting a JP Wii U to have undub, and just have custom music on that?

Last edited by lonzodavis,

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey so what should I do to get started on modding Sm4sh for Wii U?

Should I get a US Wii U and wait for things to be released, if they are or ever will be, to mod stuff such as Undub, custom music, and maybe that 8 player on all stages thing.

Or should I stick to getting a JP Wii U to have undub, and just have custom music on that?

Undub and custom music is already available on US Wii U, so get a US one with 5.4 or 5.3.2

Texture hacks and SFX can also be modded.

lonzodavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? So how I do use that or enable it somehow? Im not familar how to mod Wii U.
Would that only work on the disc verison of Sm4sh or the digital download one too?

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? So how I do use that or enable it somehow? Im not familar how to mod Wii U.
Would that only work on the disc verison of Sm4sh or the digital download one too?

Refer to the "The Definitive Guide for Wii U Hacking" for tutorials on hacking the Wii U.

Any version of the game is fine.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, thanks.

Another question regarding IDSP files: why is it that they sometimes click upon looping in the 3DS version, but never in the Wii U version? I know it's not the loop itself as it's perfectly fine until after I compile the IDSP.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Gotcha, thanks.

Another question regarding IDSP files: why is it that they sometimes click upon looping in the 3DS version, but never in the Wii U version? I know it's not the loop itself as it's perfectly fine until after I compile the IDSP.

Not sure. Has never to me on my 3DS. Maybe a corrupted sound file.

Dead_MK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did a CSP for @mastaklo 's Sonic.
The icon in game's not working.
I'll release it later.

Attachments

• Ma capture géniale Screen Shot 2016-03-20 08-08-42.png
    Ma capture géniale Screen Shot 2016-03-20 08-08-42.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 450
  • Ma capture géniale Screen Shot 2016-03-20 08-09-43.png
    Ma capture géniale Screen Shot 2016-03-20 08-09-43.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 398

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure. Has never to me on my 3DS. Maybe a corrupted sound file.
Well this happens with some songs even from Smash Custom Music, and it doesn't happen with certain songs (or certain versions of them). There is probably more to it, I think.

One last question (and sorry if I'm being a total noob): How do I apply voice hacks? It doesn't seem to be working for me, and I know the file itself is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1