XynZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
okay I have another problem.
I injected the dds files in the right nut file,
I replaced the new nut file with the old one in the sm4shexplorer and then pressed: "build the project (no packing)".
Everything was fine but to ensure myself that it worked, I tried to extract the nut file from my "no packing" mod and this happened
upload_2016-8-25_11-27-20.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I want to upload my own mod to gamebanana, do I hav to build the mod first and upload the "build" nut file or do I have to upload the injected nut file without building the mod?

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Most likely the mod pack then. You could try it on a different SD card and maybe get different results, but it's likely that there's too much in the mod pack and you're Wii is choking.

"But why is that?"]From my tests, I've gathered that mods run better if you have a digital download, on a newer model Wii U. My guess is probably slightly higher quality internals, along with the faster speed of running the game off a hard drive, results is the Wii U getting a little extra wiggle room for running the mods. My roommate's Wii U can't run some mod packs, but my Wii U can with the SAME SD card. The difference is that his Wii U is older and running the game from a disk, while my Wii U runs games from a hard drive.

That really sucks if true, TBH. I'm here with my launch Wii U and Sm4sh retail disc trying to make my own compilation of mods, and it just keeps getting stuck at the loading screen for the CSS, and when I had custom UI portraits and such, it just outright froze. I've only added about 12 costumes, and replaced one song with a longer version. That's it.

Are you sure your roommate used the exact same files as you?

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That really sucks if true, TBH. I'm here with my launch Wii U and Sm4sh retail disc trying to make my own compilation of mods, and it just keeps getting stuck at the loading screen for the CSS, and when I had custom UI portraits and such, it just outright froze. I've only added about 12 costumes, and replaced one song with a longer version. That's it.

the red smash ball load forever right?

Reactions: FlappyFalco

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any tutorials on how to get started with modding the game (for stages, mostly) I finally "got ;)" the game and a Wii U and while offline is not that bad making my own mods would be amazing, and playing others' mods too. I've made like 1 2D stage for Brawl and that was pretty easy I guess.

EDIT: Is it possible to run mods + the game trough Loadline, both from the SD card? Or do I have to have an actual copy of the game to do it?

Last edited by DutchyDutch,

CharizardMen99

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well...something weird happened today .-.

I was checking smash to see if the mod got installed,and when i loaded the character soundtest...i see Wolf icon over fox,and the Wolf sounds replaced Fox sounds,the same for the Etika in Smash bros mod(this time only the sound,because etika is male red robin if im right...),and like i said yesterday...When i try loading some mod that go to the roster...the smash ball appear but it loads FOREVER...

And i have an image on what im talking about...

qHyIc5H.jpg

Does anyone know why i can see Wolf got installed here,but when i load something that need to go to the roster,the red smash ball load forever?

Im tied searching something on google but nothing...

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States

Yes, he is. Both used the same SD card, files, and loading process. The difference was the disk vs hard drive at first, but my Wii U didn't have an issue loading from either the disk OR the hard drive. He even factory reset his Wii U.

Only other thing I could suggest for most people is trying a higher quality SD card. Although, I was using a high quality Class 10 SanDisk Ultra, so not sure how much better you can get. Though, if you're having trouble and you're not using a Class 10 or you're using a crappy value-tier SD card, well.... Get something better.

Here's the one I used:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultr...e=UTF8&qid=1472139381&sr=1-6&keywords=sandisk

For $11 w/Amazon Prime, it's probably the best bang for your buck.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Ah, well then it is probably an improperly configured character_db.bin...

Can you select your character on any of the CSS screens? Like single player or events that let you pick your character?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed lately that the controls act up on the CSS if the portraits haven't loaded yet. That makes it difficult to exit out of a room immediately after a match finishes. In addition, occasionally only half of the portraits load, but exiting and re-entering the CSS usually fixes it.

Would really like a fix for the portrait / RAM issue...

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed lately that the controls act up on the CSS if the portraits haven't loaded yet. That makes it difficult to exit out of a room immediately after a match finishes. In addition, occasionally only half of the portraits load, but exiting and re-entering the CSS usually fixes it.

Would really like a fix for the portrait / RAM issue...
I don't know if there IS going to be a fix. Unfortunately, the Wii U has it's limits and it's a very limited console...

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to set song rarities in Sm4shMusic so I don't have to rely on My Music? The 'rarity' section doesn't actually do anything from what I can tell, and this is the only way I'm going to be able to have music settings past the 20th song...

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize it only works on 'reset', and doesn't even save between console resets. Worthless...

Last edited by RoyMaster4,

XynZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
trying to make a megaman texture, but whenever I try extracting the model files from smashexplorer, I get a lot of "error: index outside the bounds of the array" errors
what should i do?

tobi halb

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I create a mod for Town and City and i got some problems with the light in the city.
Are there already any tutorials on how to edit the light options of stages?

xpinkbean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not new to sm4sh modding, but if there's one problem that always fucking gets me, it's the path denied. Is there any known ways to fix it? I've been looking into it for quite a while, there's one mod you install that just fucks up the other mods unless it's deleted, which means 1/10 mods you install is going to have to be deleted. currently, I am on sm4sh explorer v.0.04, I've been thinking that 0.0.71 might fix some problems, so is there any links to it? Also, if you actually know how to fix the path denied bug, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a couple questions about what we currently can and cannot do. Is there an FAQ that lists all of the current Sm4sh stuff that we are currently able to do before I ask these questions?

Also, is there a smash 4 modding website that most people are using yet or is it not quite mainstream enough?

Last edited by Aeth-r,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.