Hacking DIOS-MIOS Lite proof of concept release!

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SanGor said:
how large is the file you used to replace BC?

210 kb file compiling.

you think its work why all games of gamecube dont launch.Im dont use sneek forl launch my wii games.

Only for test gamecube.

Do you remember dios mios ?

He works as hell XD.

No comment and who can help us..

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemonster said:
SanGor said:
how large is the file you used to replace BC?

210 kb file compiling.

you think its work why all games of gamecube dont launch.Im dont use sneek forl launch my wii games.

Only for test gamecube.

Do you remember dios mios ?

He works as hell XD.

No comment and who can help us..
you have the right file size, this is the same size as mine, as far as working with all games, the answer to that is no. swiss is a little better then this. though it takes a lot more time to set up( waiting or making special piece to connect hd through the sd card slot.). still the best way is to just spend the 5$-10$ on a used gc game. i think when wii u hits the shelf, it might be easier to add a gc usb loader, an this is a strong might. just have to wait an see.
mellow.gif

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have a legit "Godzilla : Destroy All Monsters Melee" Gamecube disk in my disk slot.
Wii games launch fine, but GameCube games still result in the Wii suiciding.
Here's my log.
Oh wait. There isn't one. ._.

Edit :
Is there any special setting i should use in the SNEEK +DI (1) menu?

Edit :
QUOTE said:
Q: What about a version that uses USB?

A: That's sadly not possible due a hardware limitation.
Same reason why DIOS-MIOS was discontinued!

So wait a minute... Do the GameCube games really go in SD:/games/gameID? I've been putting them on a USB!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemonster said:
please do you have te name of games work 100%.

Im test again but this is the latest test for me.
rolleyes.gif
the few cames i have are, robotech battle cry, cars 2, sonic adventures( with all of the sonic on one disc.) though some are glitchy, or will slow down a little (i guess buffering). i use transcend sdhc class 4 8gb .

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super mario sunshine
Zelda:WW
Mario Kart:DD
Zelda:Four Swords

Also a fast SD card is crucial for DML to work well!
Just getting a high class sadly isn't the best way, check the card page crediar tweeted!
Also formatting the SD card with 64KB is important (use FAT if FAT32 doesn't work with 64KB)

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So I need a USB with one Wii Game
and the SD needs to have the GC Games?

EDIT :

I got Sonic DX : Directors cut to work, but the sound gets the music error. Why couldn't the people who made Sonic DX have the option to turn off the music? >.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the games I've tested.

Setup: Sneek R168, 4.2E virtual nand, SD card formatted to Fat16 with 64KB clusters

(DO NOT PM ME ASKING FOR GCN ISOS, PRECOMPILED SNEEK NANDS, OR DIOS MIOS LITE)

Working perfectly:

Super Mario Sunshine (U)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (U) - Minor sound/loading issues but gameplay is near flawless

Working well but with minor issues:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (E) - The game pauses every few seconds which REALLY messes up action command timing.

Works but then freezes/doesn't work:

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (U) - Screeching sound only and freezes after first fight with Lord Crump
Paper Mario RPG (J) - "No Message" error when loading save files. This isn't a DML issue as this also happened when loading by disc through Neogamma
NBA Street Volume 3 (U) - freezes when loading game
Mario Kart Double Dash (U) - Freezes when entering a race

Not working:

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (U)

I'll be testing more soon, I've just been pressed for time. I'll take the first five requests I get in this thread and test them within a week. Please don't PM me.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah Sangor dios mios lite working.
yaywii.gif

Why dios mios lite are good?.

because he loads gamecube games.

but sd are small and you dont launch much games.

Do you think dios mios lite is interesting ?

No because 1 games = 1 sd

but if dios mios launch later games in usb drive its interesting.

I can make tuto if you want.

usb support for dios mios crediar please.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemonster said:
Yeah Sangor dios mios lite working.
yaywii.gif

Why dios mios lite are good?.

because he loads gamecube games.

but sd are small and you dont launch much games.

Do you think dios mios lite is interesting ?

No because 1 games = 1 sd

but if dios mios launch later games in usb drive its interesting.

I can make tuto if you want.

usb support for dios mios crediar please.
keep wishing an praying for usb gc loader.. it's like the devil asking for an ice cube in hell. it will never happen, unless hell freeze over.
rofl.gif

no serious it will never happen, when wii in in gc mode the usb ports become memory 1 an 2..
mellow.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Crediar proved that you can actually access usb in GC mode. But since you can only do DMA transfers from usb using mem2, that's a big problem. Mem2 is used to emulate the audio memory of the gamecube in GC mode. And in order to use that for reading from usb, you need to switch it back to mem2 temporarily. Apparently this can't be done nicely -> most games just crash, all others have serious issues. Well that's how in understood how it works.

I think DML doesn't reach its limit yet. The patching is cleaner than before, it uses its own memory that nothing else uses and the 2nd processor that does (apparently) nothing while playing gamecube games. If it would patch all dvd functions like NeoGamma does, instead of patching the minimum + just ignoring all dvd errors, the compatibiltiy could be better. I bet Crediar disagrees with me here, and he's the one with the far greater skill, but that's how i see it.

If anybody wants a better GC loader, write better sd card code. The code from Sven is good and does its job well, but it's not as fast as possible. Most of the audio problems in DML would be gone if the sd card code was faster. If you can't provide this or get anybody to do it, stop crying about DML issues.

Let's see how agitated this thread will become...

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a look at the SNEEK wiki, and there crediar states that 32kb cluster size is supported, but not 64kb cluster size. Is 32kb the best to use, or is this outdated information?

I have been testing with an PNY 8GB class 10 SD card, and so far most games work with only occasional sound/stutter issues. The only games that haven't worked so far are the 007 games (nightfire and everything or nothing). 007: From Russia with Love works, but the was so much lag during gameplay that it wasn't very playable.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
If anybody wants a better GC loader, write better sd card code. The code from Sven is good and does its job well, but it's not as fast as possible. Most of the audio problems in DML would be gone if the sd card code was faster. If you can't provide this or get anybody to do it, stop crying about DML issues.

LOL some people dont have ability to code.
huh.gif

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here we go again.
Even if you would have a faster SD driver, how would you integrate it in dml without sources?
The sd card class factors for speed, aren't those indicating the theoretical maximum write speed?
I was under the impression that you only need to read to play a game. Nand flash chips are known to be slow to write, but shouldn't have much of a bottleneck when it comes up to reading.

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SDCard classes are the minimum write speed in MB/s so a class 6 should do at least 6MB/s writing.

When looking at this page http://crediar.no-ip.com/bs/card.php (posted by crediar via twitter if you missed that) you can see that the max read speed the SDLib manages is around 2077kB/s and random reads are around 703kB/s the GC's drives full read speed should be around 3MB/s so we fall almost 1MB/s short.

Also I'm sure that if someone fixed the current SD code or coded a new one crediar would add it to DML.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SanGor said:
SDCard classes are the minimum write speed in MB/s so a class 6 should do at least 6MB/s writing.

When looking at this page http://crediar.no-ip.com/bs/card.php (posted by crediar via twitter if you missed that) you can see that the max read speed the SDLib manages is around 2077kB/s and random reads are around 703kB/s the GC's drives full read speed should be around 3MB/s so we fall almost 1MB/s short.

Also I'm sure that if someone fixed the current SD code or coded a new one crediar would add it to DML.
even though he said the PoC release would be the first and last release? I'd love to see a newer and improved release, but I don't want to get my hopes up!

anyways, maybe we should ask tueidj to try updating the SD code... since he's probably the leading expert on it from what I understand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://store.santent.in/products/fag-detector-iii-vibration-monitoring-system