Hacking Dios Mios Lite issues - black screen or incorrect config version

finaleshed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had been using a very early revision of Dios Mios Lite for a while and noticed it wasn't compatible with much, so I thought hey I guess it's time to upgrade! Boy what a pain that turned out to be. I installed DML 2.0.9 decided it was time to play some video games. Well ever since updating I have been having issues. Every single loader I use refuses to play any games at all. Here are the issues I've been running into.

USB Loader GX - When I run it, it says "Incorrect config version. please update your loader!" I assume this means update USB Loader GX, well I already have the most updated version.

Wiiflow - Flashes a Wiiflow logo on the screen and then the entire screen turns black. I waited a bit and no change.

Dios Mios Launcher- Actually launches the game, but it crashes five minutes in after running with overlapping music, ridiciulously long load times, etc.

I have the latest cios249 version by the way. Thought that was the issue and updated it but am still having issues.

So how do I go about actually being able to play some games?

EDIT: After setting the default Gamecube loader to automios it ran the games, but now it's having the same problem as Dios Mios Launcher.

EDIT 2: After installing the latest beta of Cios250 when running Wiiflow it says apploader size to small or something like that. When using Dios Mios Launcher I get the same issues as before. EXTREMELY long load times, game video freezing in one spot while short music or sound clips keep replaying, game freezing, and then finally AN ERROR HAS OCCURED TURN THE POWER OFF AND REFER TO THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

LAST EDIT: I reformated my SD card to FAT (it was FAT32 I was following instructions google gave me) and the slow load times stopped, I could actually play for a minute or two, then the repeating sound thing started up again and I got the same. AN ERROR HAS OCCURED TURN THE POWER OFF AND REFER TO THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Incorrect config version. please update your loader!" I assume this means update USB Loader GX, well I already have the most updated version.
No, you don't have it.
here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/19batamvn4he2dx/R1218_IOS222-249-250.7z
extract the "boot.dol" located in the folder named "IOS249", and place it in your /apps/usbloader_gx/ folder. Run the loader from HBC.

I have the latest cios249 version by the way.
cIOS has nothing to do with GameCube.

Where are located your ISO ? USB or SD ?
Did you install DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite?

In Wiiflow, using the "auto-MIOS" setting will install DIOS MIOS if your game is on USB, and DIOS MIOS Lite if your game is on SD, but you need to tell which version you want to use.
With USBLoaderGX you will have to install it manually before launching USBLoaderGX. (use a wad manager to install DM or DML based on your game location)

USB has more problem than SD.

Did you try different games? maybe the game you want to play is not working with DM/L.

It could be your ISO is a bad dump. redump your disc, and use raw (1:1) ISO.

finaleshed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I don't have the most recent USB Loader GX?I had version 3.1. Well let me go down your list of questions and answer them.

Where are located your ISO ? USB or SD ?
SD.

With USBLoaderGX you will have to install it manually before launching USBLoaderGX. (use a wad manager to install DM or DML based on your game location)

I did install DML manually using wadmanager 1.7

Did you try different games? maybe the game you want to play is not working with DM/L.
Yeah I tried Paper Mario TTYD and Batallion Wars. Funny thing is, when I deleted Paper Mario and tried Batallion wars, Wii Flow still recognized the game as Paper Mario and I got the apploader size to small error.

It could be your ISO is a bad dump. redump your disc, and use raw (1:1) ISO.
Could be, but the same ISO was working on a lower version of Dios Mios Lite.

So I installed the updated USBLoaderGX, and got a game to run for longer then 10 minutes without loading errors, sound effects, etc. Unfortunately the same, AN ERROR HAS OCCURED TURN THE POWEROFF AND REFER TO THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET for further instructions Error has shown, so right now that is my primary problem. I'm aware on the original gamecube this meant that your disc was scratched beyond repair so I tried using multiple discs, all got the same error.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe the game has difficulty to read the SD card and access the data, and give that reading error.
Try a different SD card if you can. (or a different MicroSD/SD Adapter if you are using one, often the adapter has contact problem with time)

Latest USBLoaderGX version is still 3.0 (3.1 is not released yet), but there were new revisions since the latest 3.0 which are not downloadable inside the loader. (you need to download them manually, from this link. I put all new revisions here.)

You can also try to install an old version of DML (2.9, or 2.6, etc.), some games work better with old versions.

finaleshed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I suppose it could be from the SD card. You want me to change both the MicroSD and SD? Is there any way to test it?

finaleshed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried a different adapter, same issue. Now I suppose it's time to try a different microSD. What older version of DML would you recommend?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some games worked only with 2.6
but it's 2 or 3 games only, all others should work fine with 2.10

If using another SD card won't fix your problem, I don't know what's wrong.
You can always try USB/DM, but it's harder to setup, HDD are not always compatible, etc.

finaleshed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changed to 2.6... lasted a bit longer. I guess I have to pull out another microSD. If that doesn't work I guess I'm just gonna give up the ghost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol