Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,610
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
tueidj,
yeah..
It doesn't matter if it brakes Nintendo's license, the main point - it doesn't viloates GPL. Right?
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorgelig said:
tueidj,
yeah..
It doesn't matter if it brakes Nintendo's license, the main point - it doesn't viloates GPL. Right?
wink.gif

If you don't want to respect the GPL because you consider your software illegal, then don't release it .

Do we need to talk about his topic again? If you want to reply to me, PM.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you could buy a wode. But with Dios Mios a hardware mod can be used to get streaming audio working. Can the same be said for wode?

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
CODEAnd now small part about the donation-mess:
It started as a normal fund, all who donated didn’t know that they would get beta access to DIOS MIOS, at no point beta access was for “sale” via donations and never will be!
After one month went by and only one donated I decided that there is no interest and closed it.
I thought it’s only fair that those who support me gain something for it.
And why did I still code it though the fund target wasn’t hit? Well because for me it was a just a fun challenge getting the impossible done.
You won’t get any access to DIOS MIOS due donations and currently nobody else besides me has DIOS MIOS if anyone is telling you he has it or donated for DIOS MIOS he is lying!
Case closed!

And now it's something to make money with
frown.gif

oh well, even if it's convenient, I'm better off just using Neogamma if it's gonna be like that...

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
lovewiibrew said:
Yes you could buy a wode. But with Dios Mios a hardware mod can be used to get streaming audio working. Can the same be said for wode?
wrong. audiostreaming in softmods is less-likely will happen. Originally streaming is done purely by hardware. creadiar already mentioned that audio streaming won't work.
Wode doesn't stream audio, but games using audio streming are working fine. Just without backgroung music.
Alas, wii doesn't have OS and thus has no user/kernel mode and no memory management. Every game owns CPU fully without limitation. In this case it's impossible to emulate hardware fully. In wii mode, we have IOS which is the key-point for all USB loaders and NAND emulators. Everything handled by IOS can be emulated.
In gamecube mode, whole hardware accessed directly and thus impossible to emulate in software. Only through patches it's possible.
And patches are always lead to some incompatibilities. Especially if you have many games.

Thus only hardware DVD emulator is hassle-free solution.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sad to see the project 'scraped' but it was an impresive task, thank you for trying crediar.

-=-=-=-edit-=-=-=-=-
i geuss skold likes to make a fool of me , (crediar too i supose, since he said he scrap'd it)

the 1 who donated (a few times) more then the price of a wode , then bought a second wode since i was lied to, spending more money.

but i was wrong dios mios was not scrap'd , i geuss it was some REAL FUNNY joke on me, eh skold ?

http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios/

yay now if i ever chose to donate again , i wont.... now evrytime i see sneek or dios mios i will be reminded of how skold like to rub shit in...(for what?) whats the point now , i never need dios mios , i donted to a guy i thought had a good idea and it seemed that even if it wasnt possible i would at least donate (again to something else crediar does), now i have nothing but regret of trying to support a guy who has a poor sence of humor.

too bad , so sad , im just a fool, eh skold, thanks and fu

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markehmus said:
sad to see the project 'scaped' but it was an impresive task, thank you for trying crediar.
It was abandoned?

Nooooooooo. :[

I've been wishing for a GC usb loader ever since my Wii disc drive died like a year ago.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
girugamarc said:
markehmus said:
sad to see the project 'scaped' but it was an impresive task, thank you for trying crediar.
It was abandoned?

Nooooooooo. :[

I've been wishing for a GC usb loader ever since my Wii disc drive died like a year ago.

Did he say anything if you need a disc in the drive or not? SD-Boot for example requires you to have a retail Wii or GC disc in the drive. Patching that need out of the game is a bit more work, and Crediar is surely capable of that. But if he did/does this i don't know.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
9th_Sage said:
Oh, so programming as a HOBBY is the same thing as a business now eh?

it depends... Crediar said that if he won't get amount of money he want then he won't work on/release cMIOS. So, it doesn't look like hobby anymore. He want to get money even before release it. It doesn't look like he like to do it. (If i like to do something, i'm doing it regardless of can i get money from it or not). Probably with such attitude he won't release it. My be, he grew up from hobbyist and want to make money. So, probably he will leave scene and will do some pure commercial projects alone or in some company.

Anyone else see the irony of someone bitching because people didn't donate money to him, for a piracy tool?

But it doesn't look like that was the case anyways.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorgelig said:
lovewiibrew said:
wrong. audiostreaming in softmods is less-likely will happen. Originally streaming is done purely by hardware. creadiar already mentioned that audio streaming won't work.
Wode doesn't stream audio, but games using audio streming are working fine. Just without backgroung music.
Alas, wii doesn't have OS and thus has no user/kernel mode and no memory management. Every game owns CPU fully without limitation. In this case it's impossible to emulate hardware fully. In wii mode, we have IOS which is the key-point for all USB loaders and NAND emulators. Everything handled by IOS can be emulated.
In gamecube mode, whole hardware accessed directly and thus impossible to emulate in software. Only through patches it's possible.
And patches are always lead to some incompatibilities. Especially if you have many games.

Thus only hardware DVD emulator is hassle-free solution.

I'm not sure if you read my entire post. I said he has proposed a hardware mod (aka soldering on 3 wires) to fix the streaming audio issue.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lovewiibrew said:
I'm not sure if you read my entire post. I said he has proposed a hardware mod (aka soldering on 3 wires) to fix the streaming audio issue.
sometimes i just wish sorgelig would hop on board and help crediar out...sounds like he has a rudimentary understanding of the underlying hardware, and who knows, he might just be able to talk some sense into him regarding the pay for play concept.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo_Chick said:
sorgelig said:
9th_Sage said:
Oh, so programming as a HOBBY is the same thing as a business now eh?

it depends... Crediar said that if he won't get amount of money he want then he won't work on/release cMIOS. So, it doesn't look like hobby anymore. He want to get money even before release it. It doesn't look like he like to do it. (If i like to do something, i'm doing it regardless of can i get money from it or not). Probably with such attitude he won't release it. My be, he grew up from hobbyist and want to make money. So, probably he will leave scene and will do some pure commercial projects alone or in some company.

Anyone else see the irony of someone bitching because people didn't donate money to him, for a piracy tool?

But it doesn't look like that was the case anyways.
I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at but crediar said that dios mios would only be able to rip original disc's to hdd. it doesn't really seem as though it's a flat out piracy tool. however if it's open source chances are that someone will grab the source code and make it into one. if it's released under a different license with no gpl code he can keep it the way he wants it with only being able to rip original gc discs. at that point some one would have to reverse it to add code to make it read downloaded isos. if anyone is complaining about no donating and not getting the original software then they probably aren't looking to pirate gc games.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me, it seems like people have suddenly decided it will never come out. Does sorg have some valid points? Yes, of course. But unless we hear something from Crediar, they are just theories. The official word right now is that it will be released for free at some point in the future. Will it? Who knows. But I hold onto the hope that it will, until Crediar says otherwise.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I didn't say it won't be released. I said "may be", "most likely". I just analyze known information. Only crediar can say at 100%.
People here wait GC USB loader as Hole Grail which will solve all problems. That's why i described how it will be done and what can be expected from that.

Recently crediar just playing for public. It's totally non-sense to see anti-piracy words from man who made SNEEK and DI plugin for it - great tool for pirating. You could think he changed his mind and started to care about anti-piracy? But it's not true. Last several months the only changes he made for SNEEK are DI-related.

P.S.: probably cMIOS would be released faster if people wouldn't react on his teasers at all. The only thing he want is people's attention. And people gave it to him before he released cMIOS. He's got what he wanted. That's all
smile.gif

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
lovewiibrew said:
May be i didn't remember correct but that was just possible solution. As i remember, he wasn't going to implement it because too hard, or something like this.

Let's postpone discuss about audio streaming issues to time when cMIOS will be released
wink.gif

Actually, streaming audio is not an issue for me as long as game works.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lovewiibrew said:

I think he just said it would work theoretically. There's still difficult coding involved for this and nobody did anything like that before. I'd say it's as difficult as GC usb loading itself even with that hardware mod.

m45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cry.gif

Original GC not have USB port but a hi speed port and 2 serial ports, why not explore this way and create a firmare/mod for on GC acess a wii SD card(redirect a false hi speed port/serial port)??

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m45 said:
cry.gif

Original GC not have USB port but a hi speed port and 2 serial ports, why not explore this way and create a firmare/mod for on GC acess a wii SD card(redirect a false hi speed port/serial port)??
Because that's not worth doing, when SD Gecko exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system