War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Who likes Digimon? I was browing around a torrent site and found the complete Season 1.... I think I might get it just for the nostalgia factor. I used to be OBSESSED with Digimon when I was like 11 or so, stopped watching it after season 3 because it went downhill after that.

Green0scar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Argreed, after season 3 it was lost to me. I still play digimon world from time to time, but not much anymore.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use to like the show. But even when I was a kid it always felt apparent it was a pokemon rip off. But I liked the Augumon character and continued to watching. I watched a couple of seasons but eventually stopped.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kids of America is now playing in your head. Manually.

WE'RE THE KIDS OF AMERICA, OWOHOH

Anyways, download it because that's when Matt didn't steal Sora away from Tai.

I fucking hate Matt.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
used to enjoy these kind of shows alot back in the day (digimon, pokemon and monster rancher mainly).

In terms of how much I watched the order would probably be

Pokemon > Digimon > Monster Rancher

but looking back now in terms of "quality"...

Monster Rancher > Digimon > Pokemon.

Pokemon was good but it was the same shit for pretty much every epiosde. I never got to finish watching any of the shows though for various reasons (pokemon was too damn long and I began to lose interest - as most people probably did, the TV networks didn't show all eps of MR but with Digimon I watched the whole of the first 2 series. Once again lost interest soon afterwards when series 3 started going downhill).

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@HeheMoo, dinofan: As a Digimon fan, I can tell you that Digimon is nothing like Pokemon. Other than the "mon", there really aren't that many similarities.

Digimon anime >>> Pokemon anime
Pokemon games >>>>> Digimon games

@dice: Omg, thanks for reminding me about Monster Rancher! I used to watch that a lot too. I also remember watching a show called Shinzo or something like that... good times, good times.

@Shakraka: Agreed, I always hated Matt too. He was a little jealous bitch that needed to grow a pair and get himself another girl.

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Digimon came way before poke' mon (in the us at least).... I remember getting one in elementary school it was brown lol ... remember they were exactly like tamagotchi but you could connect them and fight... My self and a few friends had a big year long tournament with em'

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I LOVED digimon. Favorite show but like Pokemon it went downhill after a few seasons. I lost interest in the one in where they used cards and swiped them to make the digimon evolve. I still watched it a little but then came the spiritual fusion one I just said "wow" and walked away. I LOVED the egg one where the digimon evolved with the digi eggs. My fav was magnamon, the golden armor one.

I remember watching Monster Rancher a few times but don't remember that well.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Digimon really used to be the shit back then. Although I agree with the fact that the pokemon games are superiour to the digimon games, this is because the pokemon games are pretty much perfect. The digimon world games however are great games ('cept 2) in their own right.

War said:
@dice: Omg, thanks for reminding me about Monster Rancher! I used to watch that a lot too. I also remember watching a show called Shinzo or something like that... good times, good times.

OMFG SHINZO
That anime was sooo frikking awesome. It seriously awed me more than dragonballz managed to do (maybe not at the cell saga) and was brilliant all the way. Wooow.

Anyone remember that show with mummies that turn into these armoured versions of themselves cause they have to protect the incarnate of their pharaoh who's a little kid living in new york? That show was the shit too.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Digimon always have a special place inside my heart but I can't bear to watch it again since I will go all ga-ga for the show again. I remember about that 8th child crest was powerful and awesome. When they had to fight pipmon; clown with the mask. I just didn't see the final episodes for it =/

If I was to watch Digimon all over again, I just going to have dreams about it; funny thing too, I actually had a dream about Digimon this morning. It was something about a reunion with the old digi-destinants Tai have to see Augumon again.

Digimon was just awesome but it did have a lot of filler episodes! Pokemon was only awesome for the first season, when it got to the Johto league and beyond it just started to go down hill.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i watched it. though back then, it was all about dbz
biggrin.gif

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah...memories...
I loved both Pokemon and Digimon back then...
I never really considered Digimon as the clone, and I loved Digimon World 1. Of course, I spent more hours on the Pokemon games, but those Dgivices and digivolving models have a place in my heart.
I been thinking about rewatching seasons 1-3 again recently, what a coincedence!
smile.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
Digimon really used to be the shit back then. Although I agree with the fact that the pokemon games are superiour to the digimon games, this is because the pokemon games are pretty much perfect. The digimon world games however are great games ('cept 2) in their own right.

War said:

OMFG SHINZO
That anime was sooo frikking awesome. It seriously awed me more than dragonballz managed to do (maybe not at the cell saga) and was brilliant all the way. Wooow.

Anyone remember that show with mummies that turn into these armoured versions of themselves cause they have to protect the incarnate of their pharaoh who's a little kid living in new york? That show was the shit too.
nostalgic but yes i remember the show
i just forget the title

edit: its called mummies alive

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
After Ash went to shit by season 3 or so, I just decided that I liked the Digimon anime (seasons 1-2) better than any season of Pokemon after it.

Of course this doesn't stretch towards the video games. The only Digimon game I liked was the original Digimon World, but compared to any of the Pokemon games, it's obvious which of the two would win. The Digimon games just didn't really show much effort in terms of their plotlines.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom never let me watch digimon, although that was back when the sight of anime really really excited me. i didnt really get to watch all that much anime, but when i did, i loved it. it was so weird and different than what i was used to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: dualbooth