Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
This thread. Oh god. My sides. This shit's gettin good. XD
Anyways, Myu if you're actually goin for full on, best of luck man. Again, if you need any assistance I'm always here and love messin with this stuff.

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanna redub this game
but i has no skills
what i do have is every episode of season one available on dvd

there are talks that i have skimmed that i need new firmware for this game

i have 5.00 m33-6 on my psp 1000
is that good enough for this game?
if not what do you recommend i use?
please link to guide for me
thx

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
The digivice only works from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM don't know anything else bout this. I might try to translate the digivice, but I might need some help with the hardest moon-speak
I know. I feel so stupid now.
Could the time limit be removed through a patch, maybe?

i wanna undub this game
but i has no skills

thx
Undub? It's already Jap.

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe, I have to get some free time, then I'll try to rom hack it. The japansese in it is pretty easy. If you are in a hurry, just change your PSP's date.
Also, I don't know how to win or do anything on multiplayer, I don't know if I have to pres anything .
I need to check the game some more, also, I'm looking for cheats for it.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i wanna redub this game
but i has no skills

thx

Two things:

1) You should try it out in your firmware and see if it works or not. As far as I know, the version available online is already patched to work with practically any firmware, including yours. If it doesn't work, a user said that the 6.39 M9 custom firmware will work.

2) I asked about if a redub of this game is possible or not in the Digimon re digitize thread. A user mentioned something about a format: http://gbatemp.net/threads/digimon-world-re-digitize-translation.331385/page-28#post-4525037 , I didn't understand 100% what he said but I think he meant that one can not extract the audio from a PSP game which would be in at3+ format (the one PSP uses for audio), edit it or replace it with another audio in that format and then put it back to the game.

I googled about that, and it seems he's right. I found this however, it's a PSP homebrew, I don't know if this helps: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6172

update: I googled again, and in a spanish forum I found that some people said that it's not necesary for the audio to be in AT3+ format, that it can be in AT3 format and still will work (they said that the PSP doesn't check if the format is AT3 or AT3+; and AT3 edition is a thing that can be done (whereas AT3+ not, as I said before, or maybe it can be done but won't be simple) ). However, this may work for only SOME games, I don't know.

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i googled too and apparently the game works on my firmware

if redubbing is not possible that sucks and there is nothing that can be done
but if anyone wants to work on redubbing and can somehow make this possible i can possibly help by finding the correct audio files

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i googled too and apparently the game works on my firmware

if redubbing is not possible that sucks and there is nothing that can be done
but if anyone wants to work on redubbing and can somehow make this possible i can possibly help by finding the correct audio files

You can try this. Try to google or search how to get the at3+ files of the game, some of them should be the voices. Then extract the english voices from the DVD (there are millons of programs to do that), they would probably be in mp3 or wav and then you'll have to convert them to AT3 and somehow pack everything again. Try that with just a few boxes of text to see if it works (you know japanese, right? because that's the only way you can do all this xD). That's all I can tell you; I don't know how to specificly extract anything or any specific software for all this (except the part of getting the voices from the DVD, which you probably already know). ....

I don't know, however if one at3+ file of the game equals one box of spoken dialogue or not; because if it doesn't then that would be a trouble. Also, I don't know if the PSP has some kind of register of their files, like, for example let's say that you modify (or replace) an audio file; maybe the PSP or the game has something (like a register) that checks the weight of the file (and maybe the new file isn't the same weight) and won't reproduce it unless it's 100% identical.

I already imagine someone from this forum who is a master at translating stuff reading this and thinking "WTF IS THIS GUY SAYING, THIS IS NONSENSE IT'LL NEVER WORK" xD, but hey, I'm just a noob throwing random ideas :P

Update: found this great tutorial: http://forums.qj.net/guides-psp-mods-media/41612-how-make-at3-files.html . It would be useful if what I said above works

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kinda use a mac so that tutorial doesnt really
work for me
also i do know some but very little jap
from what ive seen in the videos i do know what im looking for tis all fresh in my head cause i watched a few episodes of season one again a few weeks ago

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i kinda use a mac so that tutorial doesnt really
work for me
also i do know some but very little jap
from what ive seen in the videos i do know what im looking for tis all fresh in my head cause i watched a few episodes of season one again a few weeks ago

The problem is that, let's say you can succesfully extract the sound from the dialogues of the game. You'd have to listen the file, understand it and then replace it with the correct one from english (by that tutorial but maybe another program because you have a Mac). If you don't understand the japanese audio file, you wouldn't know which english phrase would correspond :/ . I mean, you won't have the visual help of seeing the game while the game's audio file is playing, because it'll just be audio with no video to help guide yourself :P

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can watch both eng and jap at the same time
also my schools anime club is quite big with around 150ish members someone should have the dual audio ver and if no one does then i guess ill have to stream it

some is already doing a playthrough on youtube
ill just follow those

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i can watch both eng and jap at the same time
also my schools anime club is quite big with around 150ish members someone should have the dual audio ver and if no one does then i guess ill have to stream it

some is already doing a playthrough on youtube
ill just follow those

Alright. Well, I can google right now to see if I found a tutorial like that one but for Mac so that you can give this a try whenever you want, and test if it works. Ok?

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually not free right now to do it but
i might start tomorrow morning
but i plan on just getting the sound files first
then ill sort them
after that is converting
last would be actually placing them in game

can you try inserting a random sound file just to see if it works?

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah I can try, but first I'll have to know how to extract the at3+ files, and then how to repack the at3 files into the ISO.

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mods please ip ban this guy and maybe search for usernames like buyme(insert random numbers here)

thanks mod for the quick work
feel free to remove this post also

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i forgot i have to download the game
i should get home and download it

Yeah, it will be a litte bit difficult for you to translate the game without having the game :lol: . I got it via torrent, it was fast. Ok, I'm at the first step, figuring out how to extract the voices from the game, so far there are two big files: one big .cpk file and one big .dns file, and I'm searching how to do that.

I kinda feel like this:

xVyoSl.jpg

xD. If I succeed in this whole thing I'll tell you here :)

Reactions: gtuansdiammx

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
maybe you can ask some one with experience?

I'd do ... if I knew anyone. Anyways, I found a program and I'm downloading it, FileMajik from CRI Middleware, to see if I can extract the cpk file. Of course that anyone who is reading this, is very very welcome to help.

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im a newcomer too so idk who to ask lol
best move would be to wait 24 hours and
within that 24 hours someone gbatemp regular would point us in the right direction

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY