Hacking Difference in Gen and M33?

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I came to realize that most games on iso sites already come patched. Also, even if they are patched, sometimes they don't work so you gotta find other ways around it (for example online playing mode, while singleplayer works fine).

Is there any really difference between Gen D (5.50? I don't recall) or the new prometheus series and M33 (I'm not sure the latest version is it 5.00?)

I read and heard that M33 allows almost all the homebrews to work properly. I'm just curious because I had to deal with having to finding my own ways of patching or fixing psp iso's and having to install new plugins for Gen D3. Now those were for "latest" iso's so like starting 5 or so months ago.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

P.S. I'm not asking for which is better as thats all opinion wise, but I'm thinking of reinstalling cfw to M33 (latest, idk what it is though) because it supports lots of homebrew
smile.gif

JamesCID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
M33 5.00-6 is the latest version, the project halted and that's when Gen 5.50 appeared ( mostly using M33's coding). So at that time Gen 5.50 had better compatibility for the new (again, back then) games.

Now, Prometheus is an addon that has been ported to 5.03 , 5.00 and 5.50 CFWs that allows you to run ( by decrypting on the fly) recent games, the latest official version is 4. So, you can install either Gen-D3 or M33 and Prometheus on top of either and be able to run most of the games.

As for compatibility, it's true M33 let's you use old homebrews made for the 1.50 kernel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-