Hacking Difference between Waninkoko's and Wiigator's cMIOS?

Majroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is it?
tongue.gif

They have a different GC loader in DARKCORP, but what are the main differences?

Oh, and somehow Wiigator's GC launcher doesn't boot my broke GC backup and Waninkoko's boots it into bootmii recovery(even without Bootmii IOS installed)

tl;dr

On a PAL Wii, which cMIOS should I use?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Majroa said:
What is it?
tongue.gif

Oh, and somehow Wiigator's GC launcher doesn't boot my broke GC backup and Waninkoko's boots it into bootmii recovery(even without Bootmii IOS installed)

tl;dr

are you sure thats bootmii and not nintendos(black screen with your firmware version in the corner. and wiigators is best to use for now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
linkinworm said:
Majroa said:
What is it?
tongue.gif

tl;dr

are you sure thats bootmii and not nintendos(black screen with your firmware version in the corner. and wiigators is best to use for now.

Could be that your are right. Can't you tell Waninkoko to release rev6? Then most stuff would work with one cMIOS: retail discs in disc channel, NeoGamma's internal GC loader(NeoGamma GC mode internal), GC homebrew(for example NeoGamma GC mode external) and Waninkoko's GC loader(cioscorp + disc channel or NeoGamma GC mode MIOS).

PS: On topic, when booting GC games, MIOS, BC and boot2 are involved. If you have BootMii installed to boot2 that would partly explain the BootMii recovery mode.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂