'Diablo Immortal' release date revealed; cross-play with PC version announced

diablo immortal.jpg

The launch date of the mobile-focused free-to-play MMORPG Diablo Immortal has been revealed: June 2nd. A new trailer was aired today for the announcement:

Activision Blizzard also made the surprise announcement that, in addition to the Android and iOS versions, the title will also be free-to-play on PC, and will support cross-play and cross-progression. The PC version will launch as an open beta starting on June 2 and gamers can pre-register via the link below.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow:Pre-register link for Diablo Immortal

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The launch date of the mobile-focused free-to-play MMORPG Diablo Immortal has been revealed: June 2nd. A new trailer was aired today for the announcement:

Activision Blizzard also made the surprise announcement that, in addition to the Android and iOS versions, the title will also be free-to-play on PC, and will support cross-play and cross-progression. The PC version will launch as an open beta starting on June 2 and gamers can pre-register via the link below.

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow:Pre-register link for Diablo Immortal

Turns out the devs have realized that we "Don't have phones."

WhyKlef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would agree if the statement was that this game feels more D3 and it does D2 (despite being a game situated between both with lore).

That's the thing though, don't listen to the haters, it's not a watered down Diablo 3. In fact, this game vs. Diablo 3 on launch and Diablo Immortal is dare I say a better game with much more to do, however, it is also free and so that means In-App Purchases.

However, if you don't get sucked into the typical gamer behavior of wanting to compete, trying to be the best and do every piece of content, however trivial it may be? Then you can find yourself having a fairly nice playthrough and possibly enough to justify maintaining a character or two.

I've experienced endgame, it's like other mobile MMOs (think Lost Ark) where you mostly grind for power, though this game add a build component that is gear bound. I'll be playing it again on PC but I doubt I'll stay for the long run.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still doubt this will be any good but I am registred on my phone for about 2 years already and just did the registration for PC ... as long as its free it doesn't hurt me if its bad so yeah whatever.

RatherSimple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
After they got bought by Microsoft, they announced ow2 and Diablo immortal release dates. I have feeling they just wanna release what was in development first and then get cracking on new stuff.

(Or Microsoft devs are better than blizzard devs lmao)

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After they got bought by Microsoft, they announced ow2 and Diablo immortal release dates. I have feeling they just wanna release what was in development first and then get cracking on new stuff.

(Or Microsoft devs are better than blizzard devs lmao)
The deal is not completed yet so I don't think that Microsoft do have such an impact yet. They still didn't announced OW2 release date btw, they just had to do something because even the strongest fans were getting tired of their shit. Immortal took a damn long time for a mobile game, no surprise it's releasing now.

The Microsoft deal seems more like a coincidence to me.

Now, I find pretty weird to want it to fail. I mean whatever, people will do whatever they want but don't get your hopes up. People will play it, especially in Asia where it'll go crazy. It'll get bought by Microsoft and they'll do internal changes, reputation will start to slowly climb up again, and maybe people will have faith in them after OW2, Diablo 4 and get excited about their new survival game. It's clearly all they have for themselves now anyway, OW2 and Diablo 4.

kiaghi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that want it, they are welcome to it... but BlizzTard/Craptivision have gleefully burned every bridge and systematically destroyed their great franchises that made them as big as they are...
They do not care one iota for making a quality product anymore, they care about bilking as many people as they possibly can out of as much money as they possibly can just as fast as they possibly can, then throwing them away for the next batch of marks, err "customers" to come along and for BlizzTard/Craptivision to go whaling again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda silly. But cool I guess. Its like painting your 2by4 wood studs in a wall, before covering...